Quieting inflammation and joint pain

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Sage
Default Quieting inflammation and joint pain

Last edited by senior citizen; 01-30-2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Sage
Smile

The article from the OP's link, seemingly, goes on forever. To get to the most important part, scroll down to the blue box where it says, "Inflammation fueling "hot" foods & anti-inflammatory "cooling" foods."

This is why some of us have been suggesting, over-and-over, the importance of eating a healthy diet free of processed junk-food. And what do we often get for the effort? It has been said or suggested that we are "obsessed" or "fixated". When I said that a large waistline (obviously due to poor diet) will raise one's risk for Alzheimer's, I was told that one size does not fit all. I was told that I was "fixated" and couldn't see the forest for the trees.

But now an amazing new discovery has been made with the above (OP) link. Inflammation (brought about by poor diet) is actually important. A healthy diet, as I have been promoting all along, is basic to every aspect of one's overall health, not just something you do because you have aches and pains.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:25 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 01-30-2014 at 05:57 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Sage

Inflammation is not a female-only problem. It pertains to men and women equally. Ditto for arthritis and other joint problems. And beyond that, inflammation can find a home in any part of the body. So if a person eats inflammatory (processed) foods, inflammation can show up in any number of places throughout the body, including the brain.

The list of "good" and "bad" foods in your link were not totally what I would recommend as "good" and "bad" but close enough. That's because I'm flexable enough to allow for some differences. Overall, it's a great list and a great guide to live by.

Needless to say, if there's something on the recommended (good) list that a person can't eat, for whatever reason, then don't eat it. Do people need to be told that they have permission to do that? If I give a high recommendation to a certain diet, I'm not going to enumerate all the reasons why there might be exceptions. I assume that those who read it will exercise some common sense.

The writer of the link said the following: "Overall, you can't go wrong by favoring simple whole foods as opposed to processed convenience foods." The way it was written definitly has a woman's touch that will appeal to other women. I say that because, in my opinion, it's a tremendous understatement to promote the healthy list by saying, "....you can't go wrong..." with simple whole foods. That's what I call "a soft sell." That way there's no danger of anyone taking it too seriously or feeling pressured. Of course the downside is that people won't take it seriously enough. Give them (some people) a few weeks or months and they'll forget all about it. Or they might decide to pick and choose from both lists and call it "moderation". For some people, the concept of moderation trumps all else. Good luck with that. Everyone claims to be practicing moderation now days but the results are not good, if you look at (U.S.) disease statistics.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.