Raspberry and Coffee for weight loss?

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio
Default Raspberry and Coffee for weight loss?

Has anyone tried the Raspberry Ketone or Green Coffee Bean Extract to help with weight loss? If so, what were your results?
Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

No. But I have dropped a dress size from the "If it tastes good, spit it out diet."
Old 08-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

works just fine if you pick a diet and stay with it..course it might work without it...used them for 30 days didn't see any difference
Old 08-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Veteran member

Might try 1or 2 hours exercise instead. I lost 68lbs. that way. We know that works. Remember calories in - calories out
Old 08-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Sized View Post
Might try 1or 2 hours exercise instead. I lost 68lbs. that way. We know that works. Remember calories in - calories out

ya gotta exercise ............
Old 08-07-2012, 10:28 AM

Raspberry Ketone and saffron 15 lbs lost so far.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:48 PM

My husband swears by the 'Push and Shove' diet...he tells me all the time how easy it is...jus Push your plate back and Shove your a** away from the table!

Seriously though...I haven't tried the things you asked about but I am having luck simply by not eating as much and getting a little more daily excersize...and the heatwave we've been having in the Midwest is a natural appetite supressor.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABSX2 View Post
Has anyone tried the Raspberry Ketone or Green Coffee Bean Extract to help with weight loss? If so, what were your results?
Is Dr. Oz pushing Raspberry Ketone? If that's the case, I think I'm losing respect for him. Isn't this product supposed to counteract weight gain that comes from a high fat diet and/or a poor diet in general? Then people should be advised to eat less fat and eat a better diet overall. There's more to life than just losing weight; what about health? Dr. Oz is acting like your typical MD who recommends a pill for everything that ails you.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Is Dr. Oz pushing Raspberry Ketone? If that's the case, I think I'm losing respect for him. Isn't this product supposed to counteract weight gain that comes from a high fat diet and/or a poor diet in general? Then people should be advised to eat less fat and eat a better diet overall. There's more to life than just losing weight; what about health? Dr. Oz is acting like your typical MD who recommends a pill for everything that ails you.
I think Dr. Oz recommends to get higher TV ratings... I have try a few things he suggest, and it did not work for me
Old 08-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABSX2 View Post
Information I read said that coffee bean extract is not a stimulant but it speeds up your metabolism. I guess that means one could take it and then would be able to eat more. That's one possibility. Or, to look at it another way, if it speeds up your metabolism, doesn't that mean you would be burning more calories and therefore need more calories? In other words, it might make you hungry.

How safe is it? Have there been any clinical trials? Has it been approved by the FDA? Can it be habit forming? What happens when one loses 10 or 15pounds and then stops taking this "Extract"? Do they gain the weight back quickly? Most likely they will if they haven't bothered to change their eating habits. In that case they will likely start taking it again and again and who knows what the long term effect will be?

This Coffee Bean Extract sounds like a money making fad diet and I would stay away from it. There's no substitute for learning and practicing how to eat a better diet.

Shame on Dr. Oz. for pushing this stuff.

Last edited by Villages PL; 08-10-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I worked with a woman who told me the most effective diet she found consisted of bread wine and cheese.

I lost 26 lbs by exercise and moderating what I consumed. However, I will not deny myself much. Life is too short.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
No. But I have dropped a dress size from the "If it tastes good, spit it out diet."
Hahahaha! But Gracie, EVERYTHING you cook tastes good! Come to my house for dinner. You'll drop another dress size, guaranteed.

LABSX2, I wonder if raspberry ice cream & coffee ice cream would count as 'diet' ice cream? Do I need a scoop of each, or should they be mixed together? In the interests of science I'll be the guinea pig & give it a try.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 08-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio
Default Let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
Hahahaha! But Gracie, EVERYTHING you cook tastes good! Come to my house for dinner. You'll drop another dress size, guaranteed.

LABSX2, I wonder if raspberry ice cream & coffee ice cream would count as 'diet' ice cream? Do I need a scoop of each, or should they be mixed together? In the interests of science I'll be the guinea pig & give it a try.
Let me know how that ice cream "diet" works, because I will definitely try that one!!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
Is a dress size a big deal? Can someone translate that?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Is a dress size a big deal? Can someone translate that?
The prevailing public opinion is that "Size matters, but it's not everything!"

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.