Ruh Roh - COVID and masks close enough to be masking

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2023, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,110 Times in 4,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Global Warming does NOT cause infections to increase - that IS correct. But, it does cause HEAT conditions that ALLOW it to spread. Step outside in the afternoon today and do some yard work or play sports and people will be wringing WET - because your whole system is STRESSED by the HEAT. A heat-related highly stressed human (or any animal) is more prone to heart attack, heat stroke, muscle cramps, and respiratory infections.
........Basically, the HEAT has driven people indoors and COVID hospitalizations are up approximately 20% in Florida.
By that reasoning the creation of the universe caused global warming (and cooling)
Old 08-27-2023, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,533 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmarr View Post
still believing the nonsense and the stick from China for testing.. so sad a simple cold / flu bug will test postive with the chemical stick ..
Nope. Family has had colds and tested. Never a positive.
Old 08-27-2023, 10:36 AM
Default covid

10 days ago i was having some lung congestion and called the doctor at the Villages healthcare and they told me to come in. On the way there I got a call from villages healthcare that before i come into the building I had to tak a covid test . It was negative but they did say they had a spike of covid cases that resulted in lost of employees with covid.
Old 08-27-2023, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,300 Times in 2,844 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosbestus View Post
10 days ago i was having some lung congestion and called the doctor at the Villages healthcare and they told me to come in. On the way there I got a call from villages healthcare that before i come into the building I had to tak a covid test . It was negative but they did say they had a spike of covid cases that resulted in lost of employees with covid.
It’s definitely making a resurgence, I know a couple people who recently got infected and just learned that the Red Sox had to put a player on the Covid list. We are keeping an eye out for when the new vaccine will be available that includes the newer omicron sub-variants.
Old 08-27-2023, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,406 Times in 4,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Global Warming does NOT cause infections to increase - that IS correct. But, it does cause HEAT conditions that ALLOW it to spread. Step outside in the afternoon today and do some yard work or play sports and people will be wringing WET - because your whole system is STRESSED by the HEAT. A heat-related highly stressed human (or any animal) is more prone to heart attack, heat stroke, muscle cramps, and respiratory infections.
........Basically, the HEAT has driven people indoors and COVID hospitalizations are up approximately 20% in Florida.
Please explain how global warming cause the "Cold & Flu Season" in the WINTER...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-27-2023, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,704 Times in 3,183 Posts

We've had a few folks in a club I'm in here in the Villages who've been sick with COVID within the past month. One had to be hospitalized for a couple of days as a precaution but they're out now and slowly recovering. The others seem to have had some moderate symptoms and have already recovered.

I'll wear a mask if the CDC and my health insurance company and doctor recommends it, whether the state requires it or not. I don't give a flying fert what the state has to say about it. I care about MY health, and the health of my friends and family. The state can jump off a cliff for all I care. I have left over masks, and I'm happy to use them if it's recommended, or if any stores I shop at require them.

Unlike some people, I'm not afraid to wear a mask, I don't fear the loss of freedom and in fact I celebrate my freedom to do as I darned well please. Including - wearing a mask.
Old 08-27-2023, 04:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,172 Times in 585 Posts
Default Do you care

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
It’s definitely making a resurgence, I know a couple people who recently got infected and just learned that the Red Sox had to put a player on the Covid list. We are keeping an eye out for when the new vaccine will be available that includes the newer omicron sub-variants.
The newest version of Covid is less lethal than the common cold, so what does it matter?

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 08-27-2023, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,541 Times in 2,139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
The newest version of Covid is less lethal than the common cold, so what does it matter?
Where did you get that information from? (I didn't realize the common cold was lethal at all)

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-27-2023, 05:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
For some it is less lethal than the common cold. Hospitals once again are seeing a surge in Covid patients. If someone needs to be hospitalized they are experiencing severe effects.
Old 08-27-2023, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
For some it is less lethal than the common cold. Hospitals once again are seeing a surge in Covid patients. If someone needs to be hospitalized they are experiencing severe effects.
As opposed to just checking in for a little R&R.
Old 08-27-2023, 08:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
We've had a few folks in a club I'm in here in the Villages who've been sick with COVID within the past month. One had to be hospitalized for a couple of days as a precaution but they're out now and slowly recovering. The others seem to have had some moderate symptoms and have already recovered.

I'll wear a mask if the CDC and my health insurance company and doctor recommends it, whether the state requires it or not. I don't give a flying fert what the state has to say about it. I care about MY health, and the health of my friends and family. The state can jump off a cliff for all I care. I have left over masks, and I'm happy to use them if it's recommended, or if any stores I shop at require them.

Unlike some people, I'm not afraid to wear a mask, I don't fear the loss of freedom and in fact I celebrate my freedom to do as I darned well please. Including - wearing a mask.
No one is "afraid" to wear a mask...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-27-2023, 08:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Where did you get that information from? (I didn't realize the common cold was lethal at all)
Any upper respiratory infection can be lethal the the right (or wrong) person...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-28-2023, 05:40 AM

On a serious note, take care of your own health. Your body...your choice

Last edited by bcsnave; 08-29-2023 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-28-2023, 08:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Incorrect. FL was ranked at 31 in "age adjusted" deaths. NY was 17 and CA was 38...

States Ranked by Age-Adjusted COVID Deaths
And you believe those numbers? If someone went in for a broken arm, they coded it Covid! All numbers were hyper inflated. Don’t believe a word…..sheeple.
Old 08-28-2023, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
And you believe those numbers? If someone went in for a broken arm, they coded it Covid! All numbers were hyper inflated. Don’t believe a word…..sheeple.
My mother passed from Supranuclear palsy which is a rare degenerative neurological condition that caused issues with her balance, vision, speech and swallowing. Eventually leaving her bed ridden and her body shuting down. It was a matter of time but low and behold what was the cause when she passed in October 2020, surpise COVID.

PS. - Order your Anti Virus masks now Ruh Roh - COVID and masks close enough to be masking
Closed Thread

Tags
hospitals, staff, covid, sick, testing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.