Surgical Masks

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2020, 12:20 PM

Just think about all the hundreds different things we touch every single day.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

If you're cruising.. lol
cruise-jpg

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-06-2020, 12:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drdoug49 View Post
N95 respirator masks will offer some protection . You can go to YouTube and learn how how healthcare workers are trained to wear them properly. If they did not protect you, why would healthcare workers wear them??
I bought mine at the end of January This coronavirus is coming to America and it hits people over 65 very very hard
In health care that mask is changed multiple times. TB is one reason it’s used, along with special gowns. Do they protect the medical staff, most of the time. But even if you are using mask correctly you change mask multiple times. It is a one and done. Why does medical personnel wear them, cause it’s mandatory.
Does it keep you safe, not all the time. For years most skipped the mask, and still live to tell. You will find medical personal don’t panic about such things.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

As a kid I survived WW2 bombing of London, later, IRA bombings of London, mlitary service, Asian flu. Spanish flu, Flu flu, several broken bones, a dodgy parachute, most of the scares on Mr Helpful's post, all the 'Man Colds' nature has thrown at me, plus my Sainted Mothers cooking, yet 80+years later, I am still here!
But I must say that I get a bit paranoid sometimes, that something out there is trying to get me!
Old 03-06-2020, 12:40 PM

Wear gloves if you want to reduce touching your face or eyes. You will notice if you do. Also, scrub like a nurse if you are safety oriented. Scrub and wash hair if it is long or swings in your face. The best thing you can do is stay healthy and strong and minimize transfer of the virus. Fly when you are healthy and stay hydrated. N95 masks need to be properly fitted to be effective and they are ridiculously expensive for a disposable. Let the pros and well trained overexposed folks use them. You can use many other means to stay healthy. Good luck!
Old 03-06-2020, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hmmm... N95 mask $8.99 on Amazon, I use it just to go to the basement to do work up north.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Very short video, but very funny and also sad.

Twitter
Old 03-06-2020, 05:17 PM

My sister-in-law is a nurse in NY. The boxes of masks that came in for them to use were all stolen. People are getting out of control.
Old 03-07-2020, 06:35 AM

If the virus can enter from a mucus membrane, a mask will do you very little good, your eyes are open..... Panic and fear . Children and elderly are always more likely to get viruses. How many die each year from the flu?

Why not look into boosting your immune system. Also, think about staying away from crowds when possible and remember, SICK people go to doctors, walk ins, and hospitals so guess what you could get there?

None of this is new to any one , just a new panic and fear mode. Yes, this is a problem and it could get bad but guess what, next year will be a new issue.

Something to think about, your immune system (mainly kids). Is this what you get when you teach a generation not to touch anything or play in the dirt because you could get sick ? "Don't touch that, you don't know who touched it."

What happened to the Indians long ago?... They got sick and died. From what? What was introduced to them from others.

Something to think about when ordering things online. Do you pop the airbags and bubble wrap in packaging? ....Where did the air in them come from ? LOL!! When you open the box, whom packed it and did they wash their hands? ... LOL !!
Shipping today is fast.... Fear and panic....
Old 03-07-2020, 07:53 AM

Thanks. Better to be an alive alarmist than a dead denier
Old 03-07-2020, 08:15 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I'm one of those bozo's that don't. But if a person that has Coronovirus walks by you & somehow you catch the virus, you like me, wouldn't be name calling, I personally would be PO'd that I didn't wear a mask. I really think if you're going to catch the virus, you'll catch it even if you have the whole Coronavirus suit on, because all you have to do is have one little slip up!

You misunderstood my post.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:52 AM
Default Walmart Masks

This hoax was not perpetrated by any political group. It is the Scalawags' Society that seeks to inspire mask wearing as common place, socially acceptable attire. Then, scalawags and ne'er-do-wells, following a robbery or other crime can easily blend into the crowd.
Sadly we come to realize not everyone wearing a mask will turn-out to be the Lone Ranger.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
You misunderstood my post.
Sorry, no I understood what you were trying to say, I just got carried away with my own idea's about the virus, sorry. I should of just stuck with your question!
Old 03-07-2020, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
The Villages Florida
...because "these are bad things happening, and most of them can be minimized by taking equally minimal, but important, precautions" is too much work.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:04 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by captdot View Post
It's not that masks will work for one and not the other... There is a difference between the plain paper surgical mask and the N-95. The function of the paper mask would only be to remind YOU not to touch your face. Masks that the healthcare providers are being fitted for are "form-fitted" to your face and can filter viruses.
Right. Some of the masks I have seen worn won’t filter out a virus. They are micron sized and even Hepa filters do not work 100% of the time on viruses. Even with an N95 the odds that you or even health care workers will get it 100% sealed and pretty small. But health care workers see a lot of people some of whom will have the virus, and some of the workers will get the virus anyway so the mask helps the, from spreading it if they aren’t aware they have it right away. We have a choice, minimizing contact and washing hands correctly will do far more than any mask, IMHO.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, masks, prevent, wearing, mask

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.