Tricare prime ending in this area

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

Has anyone considered switching from Tricare to VA? If so, how did it work out? If not, why not?
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,088 Times in 1,222 Posts

Retired military without disabilities cannot use VA
Old 03-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemorkam View Post
Retired military without disabilities cannot use VA

I'm retired military with a 10% disability which allows me to use the VA system. I'm just wondering if anyone else here that is eligible and looked into VA as an alternative to Tricare Standard.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Location: Wisconsin, San Antonio, Germany, Korea, Alabama and soon The Villages

Another good Tricare supplement is ASI.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:36 PM

Maybe I am missing something, but if your retired military and age 65 plus, you are required to sign up for Medicare Part B and Tricare becomes your supplemental so no need for any supplemental....am I missing something on this thread?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Location: Wisconsin, San Antonio, Germany, Korea, Alabama and soon The Villages

Both my husband and I are retired military and have TriCare Prime. He is 60 and I am 57 so we don't qualify for Medicare. We will be moving to the Villages in June and will either have to sign a waiver to keep Prime or switch to TriCare Standard.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCLaD View Post
Maybe I am missing something, but if your retired military and age 65 plus, you are required to sign up for Medicare Part B and Tricare becomes your supplemental so no need for any supplemental....am I missing something on this thread?
Not all of us are over 65.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 PM

Well that's what was missing...age! However when I was on Tricare Std I never had a supplemental as the cost of the supplemental along with what I still had to pay even after supplemental payments was more than I paid on allowable cost share with just Tricare.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,088 Times in 1,222 Posts
Default Tricare supplement

Is anyone using AFA (air force association) Tricare Supplement. As Tricare Prime is ending in this area in October I am shopping for a supplement for Tricare Standard when we are changed over. If you get it now the 6 months from now to 1 October will count for preexisting conditions.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.