What are the options for those who cannot be vaccinated.

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2021, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,784 Times in 1,387 Posts
Default What are the options for those who cannot be vaccinated.

We have a friend who has had allergy issues with vaccines her entire life. It has been recommended she not get any of the 3 vaccines currently available.

I have read some about regeneron and ivermectin and still looking.

One would think that those in the medical profession that are recommending against vaccination would recommend alternatives. There must be hundreds of thousands who can not be vaccinated for medical reasons.

I never gave it a thought until recently being made aware!
Old 12-15-2021, 06:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,313 Times in 826 Posts

Isolation
Old 12-15-2021, 07:03 PM
Sage

If I could correct the title I would replace "options" with "alternatives".
Old 12-15-2021, 07:22 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We have a friend who has had allergy issues with vaccines her entire life. It has been recommended she not get any of the 3 vaccines currently available.

One would think that those in the medical profession that are recommending against vaccination would recommend alternatives. There must be hundreds of thousands who can not be vaccinated for medical reasons.

Your question has been beaten to death for months on the internet. Your friends Physician would the person to advise the best treatment.
Old 12-16-2021, 02:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,581 Times in 1,324 Posts

We have immediate family that physician strongly recommended against vaccine. Their physicians have a different protocol set for each one.

Sharing protocols, would be the same as you offering your friend the prescriptions in your medicine cabinet, because they work for you, they may work for your friend. NOT…

The answers you are looking for, is within their physicians care.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:22 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,353 Posts

Such a shame but she will be treated like she has leprosy. She will be required to be constantly tested. Life sure has changed.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Such a shame but she will be treated like she has leprosy. She will be required to be constantly tested. Life sure has changed.
That is exactly what is happening by some neighbors and even certain family members.....even though they are fully vaccinated...and she religiously wears N97 masks!

Fear driven by ignorance....(my opinion).
Old 12-16-2021, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,182 Times in 835 Posts

I would get another physician's opinion. Having allergies is NOT a contraindication to getting vaccines. Only if this person has a specific known allergy to one of the components in the Covid vaccine is there any certain reason to avoid it. And only immediate anaphylactic reactions count. Otherwise a person can be vaccinated and watched safely.

Be aware just like there are anti-vaccine politicians there are anti-vaccine doctors who let their political affiliations color their medical opinions. "Problems" with vaccines as the OP wrote is not the same as having an immediate allergic reaction. If your arm swelled up the next day or you got a lump that lasted several weeks, or a fever, those are not immediate allergic reactions, those are side effects. We all got them from our Covid shots, and maybe flu shots and tetanus shots too.

Quote:
If you have had an immediate allergic reaction—even if it was not severe—to a vaccine or injectable therapy for another disease, ask your doctor if you should get a COVID-19 vaccine
Note that this CDC advice does not say that you cannot get the shot even with a previous immediate reaction. You may have reacted to a specific part of another vaccine that is not in the Covid vaccine. You can be skin tested for allergy to vaccines before you receive them. This is a well established technique for children to get shots when there is a question of safety.

Here is the link to the CDC recommendation on how to evaluate whether allergies should alter the Covid vaccine plan

The key sentence is:
Quote:
CDC recommends that people get vaccinated even if they have a history of severe allergic reactions not related to vaccines or injectable medications—such as food, pet, venom, environmental, or latex allergies. People with a history of allergies to oral medications or a family history of severe allergic reactions may also get vaccinated.
If your doctor is not giving you this advice, you need to ask why they are ignoring the CDC's opinion. If your doctor tells you they know more about allergies to vaccines than those at the CDC, consider getting a new doctor.
Old 12-16-2021, 10:25 AM

It's a choice people...how many of you ever questioned your neighbors about did they get their flu shot before??? How many of you ran out and got your kids HPV immunizations when they first came out?? Things that make ya go hummmm.......COVID Vaccine Invented before Outbreak – Undercurrents
Old 12-16-2021, 10:38 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,315 Times in 547 Posts

There are allergy doctors and I would go to one of them for tests and advice. Your Primary Doctor should refer you to an allergist-Immunologist. If he/she will not, I would be in search of a “new” Primary Doctor.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

Your intentions are good. Your friend should ask her doctor. Her DOCTOR should know what she is allergic to and if it is in these vaccines. Perhaps, the same issue. I read someone who posted that ????? a sister is allergic to nickle, which is used in the stainless steel hypodermic needles. Truly a simple issue. Hypodermic needles were made of non-stainless steel in the past. There are ones made of plastic

Seeking medical advice here, from people who do not know what the issue is does not make sense.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
It's a choice people...how many of you ever questioned your neighbors about did they get their flu shot before??? How many of you ran out and got your kids HPV immunizations when they first came out?? Things that make ya go hummmm.......COVID Vaccine Invented before Outbreak – Undercurrents
I've been doing a lot of hmmmming lately myself........you've brought up a couple of good points!
Old 12-17-2021, 01:27 AM
Veteran member

This is a question for her doctor, who is familiar with her medical history.
Old 12-17-2021, 06:39 AM

Ivermectin
Old 12-17-2021, 07:01 AM

Wondering how she got this far without getting shots for school/military. Florida requires the following for K-12 schools: four or five doses of Dipththeria-tetanus-pertussis (DTa), for or fives doses of inactivated polio vaccine, two doses of measles-mumps-rubella (MMR), one tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis (Tdap), two doses of Varicella (chickenpox). Those are required for childcare or daycare or non public schools. How did she get through school?
Closed Thread

Tags
medical, vaccines, vaccinated, vaccination, aware

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.