Wife is really spooked over COVID-19

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2020, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
At our house, neither of us are in a panic. We live today and don't focus on the future. You could be hit be a vehicle at the postal station or keel over from ?? (fill in the blank). IF you're in need of items reach out to friends and neighbors to pick them up for you. We don't focus on the 24/7 "news"---none of it as all it is is panic info. More people have died from the regular flu this year than from this. I too am immuno-suppressed but I'm cautious, wash my hands and leave the rest to my Creator.
Exactly, especially your reference to the news as "panic information". I have not changed any of my daily habits, other than washing my hands more often. Should I get the virus and pass away, so be it. However, I have no underlying health conditions.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:08 AM

Dennis, I was browsing the internet yesterday and eventually found an article with graphs that showed woman were much more concerned. There was a lot of other similar analysis as well. It wasn’t what I was looking for so I didn’t spend time on it. Think I googled +60 Or M/F CV mortality rates.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:31 AM

IMO: It's because the women are the caregivers in the family and the men never listen to them about taking better care of themselves.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:32 AM

There is no agree/disagree answer on any given day. I would say that these wonderful wives love their husbands so much that they are worried about keeping you as well as themselves safe. More men are dying than women from COVID-19. Appreciate your wives and God bless them all for their TLC. ♥️😷
Old 03-25-2020, 06:49 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 464 Posts

Has everyone lost their minds? How long can we hole ourselves up? Be cautious, wash your hands. If you are at increased risk, take more precautions. Being irrational is meaningless. If things are closed down for two weeks, I think we can venture back to normal. There will always be someone who is ill. Specific isolation for people is the better way to go.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:53 AM

I am spooked by the way people are reacting. Have all the other virus's and disease's that have killed us in the past suddenly disappeared? The roundabouts on the other hand have been become safer in the past week. You should be cautious all the time not just now, but to be spooked could just be your inner self telling you to pay attention. Its an awakening, we have strayed to far left as a society and this is your one warning to right the ship. Those who pay attention will be Blessed. The rest of you are on your own. Listen to the voice in you, not the one on the news.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

the answer to the OP is simple....go back and reread "Woman are from Venus, Men are from Mars"

Women express their feelings more openly than men...they talk face to face (in volumes)...guys speak shoulder to shoulder and in sound bites

both genders are concerned...we just express ourselves differently
Old 03-25-2020, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Really??? Didn't know that. Must have missed that day in medical school, and internship, and residency, and in 35 years of practice.
Actually, if you are interested, I can give you a list of immunocompromised states. You won't find type 2 diabetes on it.
"Recent research suggests that type 2 diabetes may actually be an autoimmune disease. If that’s the case, new treatments and preventive measures may be developed to treat this condition."

Is Type 2 Diabetes an Autoimmune Disease? What the Research Says
Old 03-25-2020, 07:29 AM

My theory. Everybody knows that some day they will die. Most don't dwell on it because it's depressing. But that knowledge is there, lurking in the shadows. But what many people have not faced is the fact that they can be killed. It takes an event like this, or some sudden exposure to sudden violent death before that realization happens. And the media's constant reporting of infections and fatalities stokes those fears.

Also, emotion will always defeat reason. I have acid reflux. When it flares up, the symptoms mimic a heart attack. My mind knows this but my body is screaming that I'm dying. Same with the virus. No matter how logical the argument, showing hospitals full of patients and reporting of climbing deaths will override it.

And why are wives more susceptible? At the risk of sounding sexist, I believe that it's because they are more emotional. If not, many of us men would still be single.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Tell your wife not to worry. More men die from virus than women!
And that’s probably why. The women are taking it more seriously.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:43 AM
Platinum member

AND we haven't cooked this much in a looooong time!
Old 03-25-2020, 08:49 AM

Generally, people that are scared make bad decisions, in other words, acting on an issue out of fear can cloud your thinking.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:54 AM

And these are nerve-wracking times for anyone with PTSD (male or female.) We worry about everything all the time anyway so our anxiety levels are high enough for everybody.
My day to day life hasn't changed at all. I could go days w/o leaving the house even before all this. I shop on line as much as possible. Hate grocery shopping, traffic, roundabouts, etc. It's all stress inducing. Even my VA appointments are now over the phone. Staying home? No problem! It won't kill you to shelter/isolate in place. LOL
Stay home, stay safe, stay healthy. Peace.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 03-25-2020, 10:00 AM
Default Men are TWICE as likely to die from Covid-19 as women

This is uncharted territory so everyone is unsure how to proceed. But we are all different and so, so are our responses to this emergency.
I think men are taking this less seriously. Point in fact, two days ago I was on the golf cart path by the Chula Vista golf course and saw 15 men gathered together in a space of approximately 5 x 5 feet. I thought, if their wives saw this, they would all be dead before the virus got them.
Everyone's response to this is valid. Even those who are panicked. If people were responsible as to their ' social distancing' I think we would all feel better. And calmer.
Health and Happiness to all, Beth
Old 03-25-2020, 10:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniskathyb View Post
In my group of friends it seems that the wives are much more spooked then the husbands are.

Agree/Disagree?

If true, Why?

(I would need to be a psychologist to explain it.)
I agree, I guess it might be the generation we were born in & never had a disaster like this or most of us. Most of us never lived through the depression. The worst that we probably ever lived in is one of the Flu epidemic's. We all know that when we get the Flu we either vomit or get diarrhea. My wife doesn't even want me to get closer than 6 ft. from any of our family members. I guess the ladies are just more protective than us guys are. It'll soon be over, just hang in there & let the wife continue to worry! Nothing us guys can do about it. Just don't get it yourself & do what they're telling you to do, stay in the house & do our part. Stay healthy, it'll be over soon, I hope!
Closed Thread

Tags
spooked, agree/disagree, true, psychologist, husbands

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.