My Heart Goes Out to Packer Fans

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 01-19-2015, 08:33 AM
Bruiser1 Bruiser1 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 403
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
Came from New England lived a lot of years in Seattle so now my two teams are in the super bowl. With the hawks you never know which Wilson will show up. The hawks were so not themselves I had stopped watching until I heard my husbands dam's turn to laughs from the other room. You have to admit it was an exciting 10 min of football at the end.
Blout and lynch in the same game should be very interesting. Most teams have a player the fans wish was better behaved ours is Sherman. If it is any consolation to the Sherman haters, he got injured. Next year we will have a third team to root for because we will cheer for Mariota no matter where he lands, gotta support those Hawaii boys.
Good news for Mariota fans. He'll be in Tampa with PLENTY of good seats available.

Yesterday Game outcomes were as expected (although Seattle did push it a little much). I predicted Pat's game would be over by Halftime. Sherman looks like he hurt his shoulder /collarbone.
  #17  
Old 01-19-2015, 09:38 AM
vorage vorage is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 162
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
Came from New England lived a lot of years in Seattle so now my two teams are in the super bowl. With the hawks you never know which Wilson will show up. The hawks were so not themselves I had stopped watching until I heard my husbands dam's turn to laughs from the other room. You have to admit it was an exciting 10 min of football at the end.
Blout and lynch in the same game should be very interesting. Most teams have a player the fans wish was better behaved ours is Sherman. If it is any consolation to the Sherman haters, he got injured. Next year we will have a third team to root for because we will cheer for Mariota no matter where he lands, gotta support those Hawaii boys.
We are birds of a feather! I grew up near Seattle, then several years in New England. My Ducks flag currently has a black golf towel draped over it. Go Hawks!
  #18  
Old 01-19-2015, 10:19 AM
alanmcdonald alanmcdonald is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ringgold, GA - The Villages
Posts: 580
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Since the refs put the Packers in the championship game instead of the Cowboys, this couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch.
  #19  
Old 01-19-2015, 10:30 AM
billethkid's Avatar
billethkid billethkid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17,546
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3,202 Times in 905 Posts
Default

the calls in the first half to not go for it on two different 4th downs when they were inches away set the potential loss up. Some of us think those were bad calls by the coach.

The defense just never seemed to pick up on the fact that Seattle's # 24 was their yardage guy. Taking three and four and sometimes more hits to bring him down....the entire game.

And after the faked kick off the defense were just outsmarted too many times.

The Seahawks quarterback played a significantly better second half. The Packers played a significantly poorer second half.

We were all set to see a Packers/Patriot super bowl.

I don't know enough about why to dislike the Seahawks for what ever reason. No matter what...they just wanted to win and simply played better football!!!
__________________
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain
  #20  
Old 01-19-2015, 11:10 AM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,673
Thanks: 220
Thanked 903 Times in 368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
...If it is any consolation to the Sherman haters, he got injured...

Don't like the guy, but never want anybody to get injured.

He was reaching to strip the ball from the runner just as his own teammate hit the runner right where Sherman put his arm out. Nasty impact and bending on that arm. Did not look good at all. (I was surprised the TV crew never really showed the replays or talked about the specifics. It was pretty clear live what happened.)
  #21  
Old 01-19-2015, 11:15 AM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,673
Thanks: 220
Thanked 903 Times in 368 Posts
Default My Heart Goes Out to Packer Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcdonald View Post
Since the refs put the Packers in the championship game instead of the Cowboys, this couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch.

Hmmmm. Hadn't thought about that But I did disagree with the catch reversal call that put the Packers in the championship game. Maybe I feel just a touch less sympathy for the Pack now that you mention it.
  #22  
Old 01-19-2015, 12:11 PM
PennBF PennBF is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,998
Thanks: 0
Thanked 568 Times in 162 Posts
Question NFL investigating NE Patriots

Has everyone heard that the NFL is investigating that New England reduced the air in the football from 14 1/2 lbs to 13 1/2 lbs which has an effect on the ball and gave them an advantage? Not surprised! It was decided that regardless of the outcome NE will play in the Superbowl.
  #23  
Old 01-19-2015, 12:30 PM
dbussone's Avatar
dbussone dbussone is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,836
Thanks: 0
Thanked 84 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Has everyone heard that the NFL is investigating that New England reduced the air in the football from 14 1/2 lbs to 13 1/2 lbs which has an effect on the ball and gave them an advantage? Not surprised! It was decided that regardless of the outcome NE will play in the Superbowl.
Blah. Blah. Blah. Everyone has a gripe about this is illegal and that was illegal because it was a play we never saw before. Sheesh!

They have the best quarterback in the game, and a genius for a coach. Just R-E-L-A-X and enjoy the game. Go PATRIOTS!
__________________
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill
  #24  
Old 01-19-2015, 02:07 PM
janmcn janmcn is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,298
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Has everyone heard that the NFL is investigating that New England reduced the air in the football from 14 1/2 lbs to 13 1/2 lbs which has an effect on the ball and gave them an advantage? Not surprised! It was decided that regardless of the outcome NE will play in the Superbowl.

Shouldn't the NFL officials know if the equipment is regulation the day of the game and not the next day or next week or next month?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.