Can we reopen the Pickleball courts, please.

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2020, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,024 Times in 2,515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine12 View Post
My wife and I play singles probably 90% of the time and on a bad day play at least 6 games. Good days 8-10 games, and yes, even in the summer months. If you can only play 3, you might need to play more...

I can play singles for two hours and then some, it’s these non player’s think everybody dink’s which bored the ___ out of me.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Bet you’re playing golf, shut that ____ down then.

Read some obituaries, quite few said they was avid golfers? I wonder when virus patients are asked questions? Is one question have you been playing golf? I haven’t read one that said they were avid pickleball or tennis players? Maybe someone needs to connect the dots?
What makes you think I am playing golf?
Old 04-28-2020, 09:22 AM

Do you have to touch the outdoor gym equipment?
Old 04-28-2020, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,024 Times in 2,515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What makes you think I am playing golf?

Old 04-28-2020, 09:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine12 View Post
To all of the folks saying to keep the courts closed, have you gone to WalMart, Publix, Winn Dixie ? How about Lowes or Home Depot ? If so, you are also endangering your family and friends, more than if someone was playing Pickleball or tennis. By going to these shopping stores you are in an enclosed building with more people than would be on a court, you are touching numerous products then another product spreading whatever is on that.
When we were playing Pickleball a couple weeks before they were shut down, we played with people we knew, used our own Pickleball’s, used Clorox wipes on paddles and balls after each game. When entering the courts we either used a wipe, clove, or paper towel to lift the closer.
I know it’s not very common, but use COMMON SENSE. If you don’t want to go out, stay locked in, but let others go out and play on the courts. Even if you play at Rohan, you could use all 6 courts and only have 24 people per pod and be a lot less than a food store. Also, you’d be out in sunshine and fresh air both of which have be said to help prevent the virus.
There is court outside of the villages that is still open but have taken down nets on the 2 inside courts leaving 4 still open.
What does that mean? You knew them, did you know everyone that they associated with prior to playing with you? Not a valid argument...….
Old 04-28-2020, 09:32 AM

OMG. That is terrible to say.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mirus View Post
What harm can pickle ball and tennis do? Please we are adults and have been for a long time. I certainly trust my judgement over that of the media and politicians who know nothing. Lets start playing soft ball and all the other outdoor activities. Please quit giving out rules and requirements I am done with that. Sunshine and the air we breathe outside is the best medicine we can have. It has been proven scientifically by Dr. Erickson that masks and gloves are useless unless you are sick. Quarantine the sick not the well. Who ever heard of quarantining the well in history. Stay at home if you think that is what you should do get exercise the way you chose but leave everybody alone and quit imposing the views of others on everybody. It is not one size fits all. Socialization is what we moved to TV for. Where did 6 ft. come from did someone measure. Really we are some gullible.
The world has changed since you moved to TV.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:37 AM

Outdoor gym people touch too. WHY not put a sign and ENFORCE the rule:
GLOVES MUST BE WORN.
Social distancing Must Be Observed.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:46 AM

You obviously don’t play Pickleball
Old 04-28-2020, 09:53 AM

Agree, open PB and everything else. Recent studies are showing that millions have all ready had Covid-19, and since we know more about it at this point, we need to return to normal. If you have health issues, then it's a good idea to stay home but for those who are healthy it's time to get back to work and to normal routines...
Old 04-28-2020, 10:51 AM

Amen to that. Should have never closed to begin with. Could have taken just the center net down and players wear gloves on both hands.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Pickleball should be allowed. Equipment needed: ball, racquet, glove, sanitizer, and common sense. Not having all is a disqualifier.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:02 AM
Default Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley77 View Post
I think we should ban cars too. Just think, we can save 38,000 lives per year (that's just the fatality rate), plus over 100,000 serious permanent injuries. 38,000 souls, and every one a brother, sister, mother, father, son daughter. Think of the EMT's that have to go to these crash sites, day after day, and deal with the agony and death. If you want to drive you're just a selfish, greedy person. Drive and Die!
Then don’t isolate at all. Since people die in car crashes why should you take any precautions. Well though out and insightful.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:21 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,430 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYer View Post
Then don’t isolate at all. Since people die in car crashes why should you take any precautions. Well though out and insightful.
The government mandated seat belts, air bags, tons of other safety mechanisms, speed limits, lower bac's, etc. all which has saved hundreds of thousands of deaths on our highways over the years. 38,000 deaths in one year is not comparable to nearly 60,000 in just 3 months. The government stepped in to protect us from injury and now they have stepped in to protect us from the virus.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Pools are re-opening first so let us see what happens there. Rules were not followed prior to shut down so if that scenario repeats we will all suffer.
And while they're at it, IF they open the sports pools, they should put up the lane ropes and have the pools be for actual, you know, lap swimming (instead of filling up the days with volleyball and classes.) What a novel concept!

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Closed Thread

Tags
activities, pickleball, stay, harm, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.