Mickelson Review

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2022, 06:50 PM
Default Mickelson Review

They say he lost 40 million gambling. How can they prove that number?

1. No bookie is going to admit that number lest they be arrested for not declaring that money to the IRS.

2. Vegas will not declare that either as the secrecy of its gamblers would be breached.

3. If his tax returns say that, then he had wins of 40 million as he can only declare his losses up to his winnings.

4. If a good friend said that then it is hearsay

While Phil, who has made over 900 million dollars from tour winnings and advertising contracts, which is verifiable, stays secluded in his 13,000 square foot home, growing a mustache and beard so he can go out in public, one wonders where fact and fiction collide. He is now on everyones doggybag list, as he should be, but, some of the piling on has to be questioned.
Old 05-21-2022, 06:54 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
Can't prove it.

Just like in TV, can't prove the developer is greedy, can't prove the developer does not care, can't prove______________________________.

Old 05-21-2022, 08:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,160 Times in 5,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Can't prove it.

Just like in TV, can't prove the developer is greedy, can't prove the developer does not care, can't prove______________________________.

People here say what they think, they have no way to prove anything. Just opinions.

Hope that is ok.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,981 Times in 2,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
People here say what they think, they have no way to prove anything. Just opinions.

Hope that is ok.

Well…….it is forum, you don’t think people quote the actual verification of there opinions.

What idiots looses 40 million gambling. If true I don’t feel sorry for any fool that gambles there fortunate away.

If true he should be about broke after federal and state took there share, looks like the 13,000 square foot home maybe on market in very near future and he will be looking at double wides….
Old 05-21-2022, 10:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Can't prove it.

can’t disprove either. See it goes both ways and yes it’s my opinion just like yours.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
can’t disprove either. See it goes both ways and yes it’s my opinion just like yours.
Actually "you" can disprove.
If "you" know them.
If "you" understand their decision making process.
If "you" have been engaged in the business.
So, Yes it can be.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Actually "you" can disprove.
If "you" know them.
If "you" understand their decision making process.
If "you" have been engaged in the business.
So, Yes it can be.

Opinion, that’s it.
Old 05-22-2022, 07:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Opinion, that’s it.
ok
ur funny
love ya

Old 05-22-2022, 07:07 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

I liked Lefty a lot more (I couldn't care less about how much he's spent gambling), before he basically admitted that money/power/influence are a lot more important to him than integrity/ethics/humanity. It does however, give a little more insight into his fellow pro nickname of - FIGJAM (F***I'mGoodJustAskMe.).
Old 05-22-2022, 08:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,109 Times in 754 Posts

The extent of his "losses" is reasonably well documented.

I think the extent of his "winnings" is less well documented.

The "$40M" number probably isn't "net".

Shipnuck's book was much more entertaining than fellow Villager Bob Harig's book on Tiger & Phil, that was released last month. That was a yawner. It was like listening to a golf tournament on the radio. Sorry if you're reading this Bob, but stick to being a Reporter.

Quote:

1. No bookie is going to admit that number lest they be arrested for not declaring that money to the IRS.

2. Vegas will not declare that either as the secrecy of its gamblers would be breached.

3. If his tax returns say that, then he had wins of 40 million as he can only declare his losses up to his winnings.

While Phil, who has made over 900 million dollars from tour winnings and advertising contracts, which is verifiable, stays secluded in his 13,000 square foot home, growing a mustache and beard so he can go out in public, one wonders where fact and fiction collide. He is now on everyones doggybag list, as he should be, but, some of the piling on has to be questioned.
Old 05-22-2022, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,119 Posts

Quote:

I don’t know what Phil has lost but I’ll tell you that most book makers and shylocks love to gossip about winners and losers , I grew up in a neighborhood full of illegal gambling and with many friends who made a living at it, they love to talk,about big winners and losers ..I just bet football games and basket ball and hockey playoffs , but I can tell you if my guy has time to chat , he’s going to mention some big betters and bets . I also shoot dice in a few illegal games ,one is a very big game in Orlando , you can find out anything about anyone at these games , Gamblers love to talk lol
Old 05-22-2022, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
but I’ll tell you that most book makers and shylocks love to gossip about winners and losers ................... Gamblers love to talk lol
So do investors, fishermen, golfers.
Old 05-22-2022, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,119 Posts

If you want to read a true story about addiction and it’s horrors read the interview with golfer will Wilcox in the New York post today , hopefully it’ll have a happy ending
Old 05-23-2022, 04:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,109 Times in 754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
If you want to read a true story about addiction and it’s horrors read the interview with golfer will Wilcox in the New York post today , hopefully it’ll have a happy ending
A friend of mine who plays the Korn Ferry Tour and is friends will Will, broke the story in Golf Digest last month ('I was a drug addict with a PGA Tour card' | Golf News and Tour Information | Golf Digest). Will has recently won a mini-tour event and seems to be on his way to recovery.

That same person who wrote the article for GD, is also the subject of a long story about Mickelson in Alan Shipnuck's book. He flew out to play a Match with Phil a few years ago, after the Ryder Cup flare up and included some of Phil's comments on the Watson situation.

Last edited by BrianL99; 05-23-2022 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-23-2022, 08:29 AM
Gold member

Nobody "piles on" someone they like. It's apparent that the majority on the PGA Tour simply doesn't like him. So they either ignore him or pile on. I haven't heard anyone other than the announcers of the PGA Championship defending him. Sad.
Closed Thread

Tags
million, declare, winnings, number, advertising

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.