Amerikano’s - diabetics/prediabetics beware!

Amerikano’s - diabetics/prediabetics beware!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 11-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Sage

We went to Bluefin for lunch last week and they told us we could substitute anything.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:01 PM

Next time, I'd order the kebabs, and bring a friend along who likes rice. I'd have the friend order something that comes with a vegetable, but not with rice. I'd ask for two empty bread plates, with nothing on them. And then when everything shows up at the table, I'd scrape the rice onto a plate for my friend, and my friend would scrape her veggies onto a plate for me, and we'd all be happy.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
By the way, has anyone seen hide or hair of our regular food critic? You know Thurston Howell III. He would be a great resource for insight into this issue. Pinkies up! Pardon me, Madam, Do You Have Any Grey Poupon? Sorry for your trouble Brucenelson we love Amerikano's I just eat around the illegal stuff.
Dining was so much more enjoyable a year ago when I ate anything and everything. At least beer is still on the menu (Mich Ultra, 2.6 carbs).
Old 11-10-2018, 06:51 PM

Have you sought a second opinion on your medical condition? How old are you, at this point in your lifespan a little rice may not affect you too much.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:10 PM
Platinum member

You do know there are new owners there now and what you had before was under the old owners. Name is the only thing that stayed the same.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I would have ordered the salad with grilled chicken. I have found I need to be flexible in a lot of the restaurants.
I would have what she's having.

I wouldn't have been annoyed if they wouldn't change their way of doing things. We really can't expect restaurants to be involved with our health issues. I really think that sometimes we expect too much. I wouldn't have asked for a switch. I have never asked for a switch unless there is a choice offered on the menu.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:25 PM
Gold member

100% agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2018, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
Stopped by there late yesterday. Asked if I could get the chicken kabobs without the bed of rice but instead get cole slaw or extra veggies. Waitress said substitutions weren’t allowed. Told her that I was in previously and that they did allow this. Since this waitress was fairly new, she asked another waitress but I received the same answer. I explained that I’m on a low carb diet and rice is a high carb food which I avoid as I do bread, pasta and potatoes. She was sympathetic and said she was going to check with one more person out front, who I assumed might be the manager. She came back and confirmed again that the rice is part of the order and cannot be replaced with something else. She also said that they could serve the meal without the rice but I would have to still pay for the rice. Needless to say Amerikano’s has lost a customer.
Which is more important, your health requirement or paying for your meal without the rice. Don't blame the restaurant. You had other choices from their menu sans Rice, Pasta or Potato.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I would have what she's having.

I wouldn't have been annoyed if they wouldn't change their way of doing things. We really can't expect restaurants to be involved with our health issues. I really think that sometimes we expect too much. I wouldn't have asked for a switch. I have never asked for a switch unless there is a choice offered on the menu.
it Looks like I’m in the minority here.

Last edited by Brucernelson; 11-11-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:16 AM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA and ID, not necessarily in that order

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Which is more important, your health requirement or paying for your meal without the rice. Don't blame the restaurant. You had other choices from their menu sans Rice, Pasta or Potato.
Healthy choices, easy as pie. Just order healthy but be prepared to pay for your choices and not expect the restaurant which is a business to give you more than you are paying them to provide.

Tags
rice, waitress, asked, carb, amerikano’s