The Back Porch Reastaurant....more current experiences.

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2022, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
Nice atmosphere, good food , good service. I ordered the BBQ brisket dinner was disappointed how it was served (chunk style) not thinly sliced bbq sauce good not to my particular liking. I hear their walleye is great , will try that on next visit.
Wonder why they would serve it in big chunks?
Old 06-22-2022, 08:49 AM
Veteran member

I took my 14 year old granddaughter when she visited about ten days ago. First of all, I think it’s good to know your demographics and having so many raised booths in a community of seniors doesn’t seem smart to me… but I digress. My granddaughter ordered fish and chips. They brought out a huge filet of fried fish. She normally loves fish but not this one. She ended up with fried chicken. I ordered the barbecued brisket. My granddaughter asked if it was ketchup instead of barbecue sauce, it was that red. It was not ketchup but it wasn’t really what I considered tasty. The brisket was in two huge portions but it wasn’t tender as I was hoping. I offered my granddaughter a dessert choice and she decided Kilwin’s was a better idea. So I give the food 3 stars as it was ok. Service was fine. My waitress was very attentive and polite, she gets 5 stars. I am hoping that it improves as time goes by. I really do want them to succeed.
Old 06-22-2022, 10:04 AM
Platinum member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Wonder why they would serve it in big chunks?
Yes, that sounds more like pulled pork or beef instead...
Old 06-22-2022, 12:30 PM
Default Above average food but would not allow my service dog in with us

I think the food for all of us was above average but it was discouraging when the manager or floor boss would not allow my service dog to be in the dining room area. The poor gal had to sit in a hot car. [QUOTE The two person =billethkid;2108455]I hear and see mixed revues most over a month old.

Anybody been there more recently?

Good/bad/other?[/QUOTE]
Old 06-22-2022, 01:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramone View Post
I think the food for all of us was above average but it was discouraging when the manager or floor boss would not allow my service dog to be in the dining room area. The poor gal had to sit in a hot car. [QUOTE The two person =billethkid;2108455]I hear and see mixed revues most over a month old.

Good/bad/other?
[/QUOTE]

You left your service dog in a hot car? That dog needs a new home.
Old 06-22-2022, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:

Good/bad/other?
[/QUOTE]

You should have brought your dog home, and then returned to the restaurant. Leaving a dog in this heat is disgraceful.
Old 06-22-2022, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:

Good/bad/other?
[/QUOTE]

So you left the dog in your car? Poor thing needs a new home.
Old 06-22-2022, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:

Good/bad/other?
[/QUOTE]

Are you blind? IMO that’s that’s only dogs IMO allowed inside restaurant or grocery store (like I said MY opinion and we know what’s that worth) if they had outdoor setting then others dogs OK IMO if restaurant allows it?
Old 06-22-2022, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,307 Times in 2,026 Posts

Quote:
I think the food for all of us was above average but it was discouraging when the manager or floor boss would not allow my service dog to be in the dining room area. The poor gal had to sit in a hot car.
I hope this was an attempt at a troll. If not, then I have to wonder whether Fifi was a legitimate service dog and I agree with the other posters that she should be placed with a more responsible owner.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-22-2022, 07:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:

Good/bad/other?
[/QUOTE]

They have outside seating where the dog could go. If the heat in the car was ok for the dog, the heat on the porch (with fans) should have worked for you, and your dog.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,933 Times in 2,703 Posts

Can’t wait to try it out, great to finally have a place close by to grab a bite after swimming laps at the Mulberry Sports Pool.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:41 AM

You should have taken the food to go. Please don't leave your dog in the car. That is exceptionally hard on a dog this time of year. I hope you got her some water with ice in it while she was waiting. Had I saw her in there I would have called the police or taken her out. Even with the windows open cars get too hot this time of year for dogs.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:55 PM

Went today for lunch. The place is bright and clean. Service was great. We had Bama, who was our fantastic friendly waitress! My caprese salad was very good, but it had mini mozzarella balls instead of sliced mozzarella? The of rest our party enjoyed their food also. The Villages Florida

Last edited by karenzeee; 07-08-2022 at 11:58 PM. Reason: pictures
Old 07-09-2022, 06:55 AM
Veteran member

You should have went elsewhere or home, versus leaving your dog in the car...
Old 07-26-2022, 01:16 AM

Hubby and I were there (for the 4th time)
a week ago. Food and Service was excellent. We live five minutes from The Back Porch, so we are hoping it will succeed. The Restaurant was less than half full at 6:00. My suggestions to change that would be the following. First: Know your Patrons. Look around. Everyone in the Room was over 60 yet the blaring music was definitely not "their Music". Maybe tone it down a bit and either play Country or something more 50's and 60's. The Rock they were playing didn't go with the Diners. Secondly: Now that the Snowbirds are gone, you need to offer coupons or Specials to get people to come. Almost all of the Restaurants are doing that now. Some are offering 2 for 1 on a special night, or buy one, get the second meal 50% off. Maybe it would help to fill that other half of the Restaurant! They should remember we are the Far North End of the Villages. People in this area are mid Seventies to Eighties. They still enjoy eating out, but are not the Partiers they were when they moved here 20 years ago. They will help make this Restaurant a success, but the Owners might need to make the dining atmosphere a bit more in tune with the Age Group!
Closed Thread

Tags
recently, month, mixed, revues, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.