Best Pizza in TV Poll

View Poll Results: What's your favorite place for Pizza in TV (Voters will not be shown)
Bravo 20 10.42%
Flippers 43 22.40%
Giovanni's 23 11.98%
Mallory CC 27 14.06%
Mario's (Formerly Snappy Tomato) 3 1.56%
Mezza Luna 11 5.73%
NYPD 33 17.19%
Terra Del Sol CC 6 3.13%
Toscani's 4 2.08%
Other (Specify choice in a posting if you'd like) 22 11.46%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Dancing Thyme

I don't eat Pizza a lot but whenever I've had Bravo's, I really like it. I also had pizza at Little Joey's a while ago and it was also quite good. Its been so long since I've had real New York pizza, that I can't make any comparison.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-10-2014, 07:22 PM

Pizza is pizza it's all bad
Old 02-24-2014, 09:53 PM

Don't know yet about the best pizza, haven't tried them all, but just had the worst experience at Flippers. Waited an hour ++ for pizza and when we asked after that wait was told it still wasn't in the oven. It was crowded but not that bad. Many people were asking since they had been waiting long. Watched pizzas being served and most looked burned. A lady with a group of 9 said she never got her pizza all the others were almost through.
Flippers pizza is good but don't think it's worth the wait.
― Jean-Luc Picard
Old 02-25-2014, 06:53 AM
Gold member

So far, it looks like 128 voted, out of maybe 80,000-100,000? I think we need more involvement, to get a better picture. Any suggestions?
Old 02-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
So far, it looks like 128 voted, out of maybe 80,000-100,000? I think we need more involvement, to get a better picture. Any suggestions?
Dog owners could threaten to bring their puppies to poop on their lawns if they don't vote in this survey. If that's too radical then we could just turn this into another poop thread. That would probably do the job. If you have a better idea, lets hear it!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-26-2014, 04:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Dog owners could threaten to bring their puppies to poop on their lawns if they don't vote in this survey. If that's too radical then we could just turn this into another poop thread. That would probably do the job. If you have a better idea, lets hear it!
That's funny Sky!!!!! LOL
Old 02-27-2014, 04:10 PM
Sage

I heard the pizza is good at The Villages Hospital. One can get it while there for a heart bypass operation or any number of other procedures. They have a special going on right now, a free pizza with every heart bypass operation.

Last edited by Villages PL; 02-27-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,029 Times in 459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
I heard the pizza is good at The Villages Hospital. One can get it while there for a heart bypass operation or any number of other procedures. They have a special going on right now: A free pizza with every heart bypass operation.
Is that the "Holier Than Thou" special?
Old 02-27-2014, 04:40 PM

We make our own. Fresher ingredients, pizza is hot when you eat it, the beer is colder, no one complaining about the service, you don't have to leave home. And if it's not exactly the way you wanted it, you don't have to get yourself upset with other people. At home, you laugh and eat it anyway and better luck next time.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:49 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Reading all of the post I believe people seem to have forgotten what they were voting. They were not voting for the best pizza. the poll asked "what is your favorite pizza in TV....."

So let me suggest that before I could answer "best pizza"I would need more information. First how does one define best pizza? Is it thin, deep dish, red, white sausage peperoni, meatless, veggie triangle square round hot cold .................................................. .....I digress
Old 03-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
Is that the "Holier Than Thou" special?
This particlar pizza special is called, "A Friendly Reminder Special". It's a reminder about diabetes, heart disease, and certain forms of cancer.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Reading all of the post I believe people seem to have forgotten what they were voting. They were not voting for the best pizza. the poll asked "what is your favorite pizza in TV....."

So let me suggest that before I could answer "best pizza"I would need more information. First how does one define best pizza? Is it thin, deep dish, red, white sausage peperoni, meatless, veggie triangle square round hot cold .................................................. .....I digress
Good question. I think I may have the answer, even though I haven't had any pizza for about 10 years now.

Best Pizza: The pizza that tastes the best to a particular individual, depending on individual taste preferences. (That's not Webster's definition it's VPL's difinition)

The next question is, in general, what makes a pizza taste good? It's fairly limited: 1) texture and thickness of the crust 2) fat from cheese/oil/meat 3) starchyness from the white flour crust 4) sodium and 4) vegetable toppings

And some pizza makers have said "fresh ingredients" make their pizzas taste better. A couple of decades ago I had the "best" pizza at ABC Pizza near USF. The owner said he used only fresh tomatoes, not canned. He used the best (quality) cheese and I think I remember that he drizzled a little extra virgin olive oil on top. I think that's right because I had to keep wiping my oily hands with napkins.

I tend to think it's mainly the high fat, high sodium content along with the texture that makes a pizza taste good. In that case a large slice with double cheese and meat could be about 500 calories.

It may taste very good but it's not at all healthy, particularly if you are already overweight. It's just asking for trouble.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

Are we looking at different polls? I believe it asks What Is Your Favorite Place For Pizza In TV?
Old 03-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Good question. I think I may have the answer, even though I haven't had any pizza for about 10 years now.

Best Pizza: The pizza that tastes the best to a particular individual, depending on individual taste preferences. (That's not Webster's definition it's VPL's difinition)

The next question is, in general, what makes a pizza taste good? It's fairly limited: 1) texture and thickness of the crust 2) fat from cheese/oil/meat 3) starchyness from the white flour crust 4) sodium and 4) vegetable toppings

And some pizza makers have said "fresh ingredients" make their pizzas taste better. A couple of decades ago I had the "best" pizza at ABC Pizza near USF. The owner said he used only fresh tomatoes, not canned. He used the best (quality) cheese and I think I remember that he drizzled a little extra virgin olive oil on top. I think that's right because I had to keep wiping my oily hands with napkins.

I tend to think it's mainly the high fat, high sodium content along with the texture that makes a pizza taste good. In that case a large slice with double cheese and meat could be about 500 calories.

It may taste very good but it's not at all healthy, particularly if you are already overweight. It's just asking for trouble.
Spot on and why I only have pizza that is made at home
Old 03-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Are we looking at different polls? I believe it asks What Is Your Favorite Place For Pizza In TV?
Doug you are correct it is favorite place but it did not ask for best pizza which was my point.

Pizza is popular and I do not know how one can say this is the best, best to what ?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.