Chengs Restaurant
Home

Menu



Notices

» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Chengs Restaurant
  #1  
Old 09-23-2013, 09:19 AM
marianne237 marianne237 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Poinciana
Posts: 709
Default Chengs Restaurant

Hadn't been to Chengs in quite a while and decided to try it again as it used to be a favorite. Quite disappointing. What has changed there? The service is very good, but the food just lacks.
__________________
There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.

  #2  
Old 09-23-2013, 12:40 PM
buggyone's Avatar
buggyone buggyone is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,366
Default

Is Chengs the restaurant that is in front of WalMart on 466?

I have not eaten there so I do not know anything about the food. I personally like Chinese food but my wife has dietary restrictions and cannot do Chinese.

The thing I find a little strange is that the restaurant is right next to a nail salon. Kind of an unappealing thing to me for those two businesses (run by same people?) being that close.
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 09-23-2013, 01:23 PM
REDCART REDCART is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Hadn't been to Chengs in quite a while and decided to try it again as it used to be a favorite. Quite disappointing. What has changed there? The service is very good, but the food just lacks.
My family were also regulars at Chengs but stopped going this past May. When the original staff left for a visit to the homeland, it started to decline and it never recovered. It's a shame because Chengs had been better than other Chinese restaurants in the area for many years.

George
  #4  
Old 09-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Fairmount's Avatar
Fairmount Fairmount is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
My family were also regulars at Chengs but stopped going this past May. When the original staff left for a visit to the homeland, it started to decline and it never recovered. It's a shame because Chengs had been better than other Chinese restaurants in the area for many years.

George
I agree. Chengs went totally downhill when the old staff departed.
__________________
Village of Poinciana
You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
Cheng's
  #5  
Old 09-23-2013, 02:39 PM
algi45 algi45 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15
Default Cheng's

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Hadn't been to Chengs in quite a while and decided to try it again as it used to be a favorite. Quite disappointing. What has changed there? The service is very good, but the food just lacks.
Had lunch there today and the food is very good at a very reasonable price. Best Chinese in The Villages. Lacks what? To be fair, when you attack a restaurant, you should be specific.
Cheng's has gone down hill...
  #6  
Old 09-23-2013, 04:19 PM
mmac321 mmac321 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 171
Default Cheng's has gone down hill...

... we now go to KOYAME
__________________
Kansas City Mo, Palatine Il, Mt. Prospect Il, Lake Summerset Il, Rolling Meadows Il, Mt. Dora Fl. Tamarind Grove.
Good food at a good price
  #7  
Old 02-03-2015, 11:24 AM
CatherineInParadise CatherineInParadise is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3
Default Good food at a good price

In my short time living here I had take out three times already and loved it...can't believe the negative comments. Very reasonable lunch specials with generous portion sizes. The staff is always friendly and the food is ready for a quick pick up. Who cares that they are next to a nail salon? That was an unnecessary comment especially since that person never even ate at Chengs.
  #8  
Old 02-03-2015, 11:36 AM
gerryann's Avatar
gerryann gerryann is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineInParadise View Post
In my short time living here I had take out three times already and loved it...can't believe the negative comments. Very reasonable lunch specials with generous portion sizes. The staff is always friendly and the food is ready for a quick pick up. Who cares that they are next to a nail salon? That was an unnecessary comment especially since that person never even ate at Chengs.
Not fair to a business to bring up a thread that is two years old filled with negative comments.
  #9  
Old 02-03-2015, 11:45 AM
CatherineInParadise CatherineInParadise is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3
Default

I didn't mean to do that. I am new on here and just realized the date. I just wanted to voice my opinion on how much I like their food.
  #10  
Old 02-03-2015, 11:58 AM
gerryann's Avatar
gerryann gerryann is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineInParadise View Post
I didn't mean to do that. I am new on here and just realized the date. I just wanted to voice my opinion on how much I like their food.
Sometimes it just helps a business to start a new thread about a good experience. Possibly they are new owners, new workers , etc,etc. I'm glad you liked it.....I do too. 😊
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Clubs, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.