Cody's - manager needs to get a new job

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Eternal Member

[quote=Bonny;332073]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I can only imagine that if one of your favorites was being complained about you might come on and just mention the fact that you've never had any problems. It's kind of human nature. I can go somewhere 10 times and never have a problem & then one night it's awful. I wouldn't quit going because of that.
Not really. I do not own the place or work there so it is merely an observation by someone that went there.

I never said don't go to Codys or quit going to Cody's.

All I said is that if someone has a beef let them state it. Don't defend the place unless you own stock in it. You make it seem that they could have not had a problem because you did not have a problem.

That is all I am saying.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:38 PM

Being new to TV, I appreciate all the comments and opinions. If I only heard about complaints on Cody's I would not eat there. Know I will give it a try for myself. Keep on posting.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Yes, Scroll, please give it a try. We had a bad experience, but that doesn't mean the whole place is bad. The food is good and plentiful and the service is usually pretty good. We just happened to have a bad waitress and an indifferent manager.

Our bad experience happened in September of last year.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Sage

Z - I didn't read it as if someone was jumping in to defend Cody's.

The first poster had a bad experience (they have the right to say that).

Others said that they've been many times with no bad experiences (they have the right to say that).

Personally, I'm glad. If I had never been to Cody's and no one jumped in to say they had no issues and had been many times then I might avoid it. But since more people seem to say 'good' than 'bad' I'll give it a go and find out for myself.

Now if it was 9-1 negative then I'm saving my money.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Z - I didn't read it as if someone was jumping in to defend Cody's.

The first poster had a bad experience (they have the right to say that).

Others said that they've been many times with no bad experiences (they have the right to say that).

Personally, I'm glad. If I had never been to Cody's and no one jumped in to say they had no issues and had been many times then I might avoid it. But since more people seem to say 'good' than 'bad' I'll give it a go and find out for myself.

Now if it was 9-1 negative then I'm saving my money.
The negatives never complain because they will be shot down and it becomes a futile effort. Trust me.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:25 PM

"The negatives never complain because they will be shot down and it becomes a futile effort. Trust me."

You are so right. I made the mistake of relating my negative experiences with Cody's.....never again!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Sage

I've only been once. Not the best but didn't have issues either.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
The negatives never complain because they will be shot down and it becomes a futile effort. Trust me.
I'm not speaking specifically about Cody's or specifically to your experiences or those of any others posting here, but the negatives do sometime complain. However, the result of the complaint is sometimes influenced by the way one approaches the complaint.

I don't complain often, but when I do I rarely have any negative results. Why? I don't really know, but perhaps it comes from 23 years of dealing directly with the public (many being upset) and seeing how my own reactions have been influenced, positively or negatively, by the way I've been approached. If they approached me and presented their concern in a friendly respectable manner, especially with a smile on their face, I then wanted to help them a lot more than I would have had they coldly approached me.

That old "you catch more bees or flies with honey than you do with vinigar" idiom really has validity when dealing person to person!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-20-2011, 08:16 AM

I may be wrong, but I think zcaveman was referring to being "shot down" on this forum for any complaints.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyWoman View Post
"The negatives never complain because they will be shot down and it becomes a futile effort. Trust me."

You are so right. I made the mistake of relating my negative experiences with Cody's.....never again!
Cant find your negative experience post - where is it???
Old 02-20-2011, 08:54 AM

Do we have a little too much time on our hands? Focus!

It's not about KYWoman's post. It's about participants in this forum feeling as though they should just keep quiet, since some of the posters will jump on those who complain here as if they, THE CUSTOMER, who had done something to warrant a negative dining experience.

Take your eye off the ball for just a second.....
Old 02-20-2011, 09:21 AM

Nitehawk, My post was in a previous thread.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Sage

Personally, I don't take the responses to a negative restaurant post as taking the poster to task for writing it. Posts that relate a positive experience at a place where someone had a negative one, to me, simply imply that experiences may vary by time of day, day of week, etc. As someone pointed out above, if I see a lot of negative posts and only a few positive ones, I may think twice about going to that place. But if I see posts the other way, I will try the place to see for myself. Anyone's experience at a place will be colored by their prior experiences and expectations. For example, my son is an executive chef at a fine dining restaurant. Certainly his expectations of food and service are different from mine.

Certainly we all like to see our decisions or experiences "validated" by others, whether it be moving to TV, dining at a particular place, buying a certain car. But it doesn't mean we are right (or wrong). I think people should feel free to post their thoughts on a restaurant, and should not feel they are under assault when someone posts a contrary experience.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Eternal Member

[quote=zcaveman;332076]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post

Not really. I do not own the place or work there so it is merely an observation by someone that went there.

I never said don't go to Codys or quit going to Cody's.

All I said is that if someone has a beef let them state it. Don't defend the place unless you own stock in it. You make it seem that they could have not had a problem because you did not have a problem.

That is all I am saying.
I believe they had a problem. It happens sometimes.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDaze View Post
Do we have a little too much time on our hands? Focus!

It's not about KYWoman's post. It's about participants in this forum feeling as though they should just keep quiet, since some of the posters will jump on those who complain here as if they, THE CUSTOMER, who had done something to warrant a negative dining experience.

Take your eye off the ball for just a second.....
On the same note it works both ways. I've seen people say nice things or give recommendations for businesses & services & many people jump on to say how bad their experience was.
I look at it as giving all the info, both sides.Then we can all make our own decisions.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.