Evan's Prarie 1/17/20-

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2020, 01:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
No need to call any mgr, send the entree back--soo simple--no need to settle for crap- send it back-its not rocket science to prepare a Sysco meal !!!!
Returning meals IMHO is not a very good idea,
Old 01-21-2020, 01:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
Our experience is meals are hit and miss at all TV CC. It may have been a better option if you dealt with the manager on the problem at the time of delivery rather that wait until you paid. After you've consumed the meal, there's no evidence of your complaint, and the waitress is mostly powerless to do anything about it.
I only consumed a few bites and the waitress was able to see the problem for herself,
Old 01-21-2020, 03:46 PM
Veteran member

I don't go to any of the country club restaurants any more.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:53 AM

Personally we think almost all of the restaurants around TV are just fair at best. Perhaps this is what happens when the majority of people in the area don't cook at home and will have to eat somewhere so the "just OK' service and food quality becomes the norm and these people just bounce from one place to another for the same quality. Olive Garden and Metro Diner for us are consistently good. Other than that, hit or miss. We cook at home most of the time and just go out for a nibble and a couple drinks or get out of TV for dinner. But, all of this depends on each persons taste and what they think is good. Judging by the amount of people that still go out to all these places to eat that are "just OK" at best, well, this is what you get if everyone keeps going.... Pretty simple, why do better.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
No need to call any mgr, send the entree back--soo simple--no need to settle for crap- send it back-its not rocket science to prepare a Sysco meal !!!!
I agree with you CHATBRAT! From experience from a few places they’ll either take it back & make it the way you want it or no charge. I usually don’t judge a restaurant a one time goof up, 2 times is just being sloppy!
Old 01-22-2020, 09:54 PM

We like Cane Garden. Haven’t had a bad meal there.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Tried for dinner last Friday 5m. Service good , Food really badly prepared. I had Chicken Parmesan with Fettuccini. Fettuccini sticky , stuck in an impervious ball. Marinara skimpy and tasteless. Chicken very dry. Bread so stale as to not be edible. Two others had Brisket sandwiches that were dry and tasteless. Another had Salmon sandwich wich was nearly raw. Did not make a scene but, informed waitress after paying that we were extremely displease with what came from the kitchen and would not be disposed to eat there again.
I heard! About the brisket, anyway. Back to O'Shucks for you all.

I never had a good meal at Evans Prairie. We only went because the former neighborhood dinner group went there. They had a very strange vegetable side dish there once. I couldn't identify what it was. I haven't been back since moving.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Returning meals IMHO is not a very good idea,
It also spoils the time you have with your dinner companions, throws off the rhythm of the meal--you are waiting for yours to be replaced; everyone else doesn't know whether to start eating or not; their food is getting cold.

I would vote with my feet and just not go back.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

If we send back food, we never get a replacement. It’s a one and done. If it’s cold, uncooked it going to be nuked. If it’s tases bad, the next dish isn’t going to be better.

More people than you think cook at home. You have more time to experiment with dishes that you never had time working a 60 hour week.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:14 AM
Sage

The dish we returned & the dish we got back was a totally different in size and quality--we always eat @ the bar, the bar staff know us & we always get good service, the kitchen is out of their control
Old 01-23-2020, 08:35 AM

What about Evans’ breakfast? I’ve heard good things, but have never gone.

Unfortunately, I agree with pdfortin’s assessment of restaurants here.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:47 AM

Evans Prairie has gone downhill bigtime. They used to have great food and great music ... even "real" bands and not just kareoke singers. Their manager Tim H is obnoxious and uncaring/rude to customers. I hope it improves. All of Fred's restaurants have done so well and are some of the best in The Villages. I hope he's able to get Evans Prairie back on track.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:16 AM
Veteran member
Default Evans Prarie Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Did you talk to the manager? We have had meals there many times with no problems like the ones described.

We have also experienced very poor food there . We go to Bonify, Blue Fin and the Chop House and have had great food. Why can they get it right at Evans? Yes, we have spoken to management several times.

Last edited by bilcon; 01-23-2020 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-23-2020, 03:43 PM
Sage

Maybe the problem with Evans Prairie, is with the kitchen mgr--, Bonifay & the other restaurant due east do not have the same problems, despite being part of Fred's group
Old 01-23-2020, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
Last time I had a drink at Evans Prairie at the bar, I experienced something that made me never want to go to that place again. I ordered a martini with olives. In the preparation for the drink, the bartender engaged in spearing the olives for my drink. This is what she did. She took the spear and laid the olives on the service mat where bar servers would place their trays to pick up drinks. The mat in most bars is soaking wet with spilled drinks, debris from cleaning clothes and other unmentionables. By placing the olives on the service mat, she gained the leverage to spear the olives by just holding them gently with her fingers. So, she managed to place the three speared olives into my martini. I managed to avoid drinking the martini. Not everything requires the assistance of a manager....especially my feet as I left the establishment...never to return!
Gross!
Closed Thread

Tags
chicken, fettuccini, dry, tasteless, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.