Favorite meal at BoneFish.

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2016, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Grouper, which is one of the best tasting fish is a large, round, fish and the fillets are usually more then 3/4" thick. If they give you a fillet thinner then it probably isn't grouper which I've read is one of the most substituted fish.
Unless you catch it and cook it yourself, then you don't know what you're getting.
Grouper is the best. Wild grouper is seasonal nowadays in many restaurants.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Sage

Bonefish has been shutting down restaurants, the younger generation has a real dislike of all chain restaurants. I honestly prefer local good restaurants- I gone to a chain when I'm really desperate for consistency
Old 07-01-2016, 09:42 AM
Veteran member

Really like those informative comments. Sonnys is good too. Panera is good but sometimes the soups are salty. And sadly, TooJay has really dropped in quality and service for some reason, got burned two times, no more.
Perkins 5 dollar breakfasts are really outstanding, at Spanish Springs unit.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Bonefish has been shutting down restaurants, the younger generation has a real dislike of all chain restaurants. I honestly prefer local good restaurants- I gone to a chain when I'm really desperate for consistency
Closed 14, opened 9, 200 remaining. Hardly a death knell. Not a fan of chains, but Bonefish is the best seafood around. Heading to Sanibel for the 4th for some fresh gulf seafood (and fireworks). BTW, no chain restaurants allowed on that island except for Dairy Queen which is grandfathered.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Chilean Seabass and now they have Chopin Vodka
You should Google "Chilean Sea Bass" and look at a picture of it. The real name is Patagonian Toothfish and it used to be a trash fish just tossed back from fishing nets. Some market experts began buying the fish and calling it Chilean Sea Bass and the "in crowds" began loving it mainly because of the market hype.

It is now overfished and, while not endangered, is not a sustainable fish. Ocean Watch recommends not ordering it.
Closed Thread

Tags
lobster, nucky, barefoot, mmmmmmmm, wave

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.