Glenview Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
Discovered after all these years that if you desire meat cooked M. rare order it rare. It continues to cook because of its internal temp. while being served. It's easier to send back to be cooked more but can never be "uncooked".
Correct - steak will usually rise 1/2 of one grade (temp) while resting. Of course very good restaurants know this and prepare it that way. I order my steaks 'almost medium' which usually will provide a pink center. Sometimes it's between rare and medium which is better than over done for me.

Last edited by Russ_Boston; 04-10-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to LargoLynne

The Glenview is one of our favorite restaurants. In fact we took our neighbors there when it was our turn to choose for our 'dining club'. The food was perfect and service was great; wish I had gotten the server's name - he was excellent. (it was a lobsterfest night, but we all had something different & everyone was pleased) There was one night, however, when we ate in the bar. It was after 8 pm, after a show at Savannah - terrible service; waitress did not write down order - it's always, "I've been doing this for 17 years; don't need to write things down" - well, she got several things wrong; items came out separately. She disappeared for several minutes at a time. The servers yelled across to one another. I could tell there was no manager on duty. We said nothing, but the next day I called & got the manager. He had left for the day at 7 pm. He knew who our server was; promised to speak with her, as well as others about their demeanor. The Glenview is still one of our favorites but we will never eat in the bar again.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:07 PM

We had three couples there for dinner last. Terrific atmosphere and excellent service. The menu touted several specials that were priced at two for $22.00. Prime rib is also the Thursday special for two for $22.00. All of the 2 for specials also came with a choice of appitisers. The food was delicious, without one complaint from six people. I topped off my meal with a warm apple dumpling that was to die for. We all made it a point to return in the near future. Last night's dinner rates ****.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:08 PM

After not going to Glenview for a year I went with Mr Atlantic and neighbors and had a wonderful dinner. The hostess was polite and friendly, that pleased me, the hostess they had last year was awful. She never smiled and was extremely rude. I will go back again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.