Havana happy hour beware!

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Meant us as in TOTV. We all loving have new posters. But I don't put all that much stock into their posts until they have a track record.

In the past three years I have seen dozens (maybe a hundred!) of new posters who are just shills for their employer. For example this poster might be from Cane and he is trying to drum up business for them by putting down Havana. Probably not but we (veteran TOTV members) have seen this happen more times than it should. Just playing devils advocate to the poster. I mean no disrespect.
No disrespect taken...but just for clarification we have no relationship to any commercial establishment....just are retired Villagers..
Old 03-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Sage

Point taken. I'll try Havana restaurant myself in a few weeks. I've only played golf there so far.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Gold member

The same thing happened to me at Chili’s when I first arrived here in Dec. Ordered a martini and after the second one, the bartender dropped a tab for 16.00 on me. When I questioned it, she babbled on about all the restrictions that apply.

The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
Wow! 2,500 posts!
Guess before computers and forums sages would be like...

mouths?

Back to Havana,

Sometimes food is really good sometimes eh!
Never had a problem with service, sometimes slow but the servers are always pleasant and accommodating.
It's neighborhood for us; sort of like a local pub.
Unfortunately the food there is inconsistent and the staff is either unable or unwilling to make even the smallest accommodations for guests. I wanted to change out fries for cole slaw and was told I couldn't because that's the way the meal comes, my response was that the meal might come that way but I will be going...elsewhere.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:26 PM

We went there a couple of weeks ago and after finishing our meal we saw the manager walking around asking if people enjoyed their meal. When he got to our table he asked me if the meal was good. I replied it was good then he said was it real good and I told him it was good but not real good. He promptly took our check and deducted the cost of my meal. He told me if I ever get something there that I am not totally satisfied with to return it right away. They want feedback so they can find out where to improve.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allairenjadea View Post
We went there a couple of weeks ago and after finishing our meal we saw the manager walking around asking if people enjoyed their meal. When he got to our table he asked me if the meal was good. I replied it was good then he said was it real good and I told him it was good but not real good. He promptly took our check and deducted the cost of my meal. He told me if I ever get something there that I am not totally satisfied with to return it right away. They want feedback so they can find out where to improve.
Isn't that amazing!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Platinum member

just a thought. Maybe it's someone's attitude that brings on an attitude!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That good pubs do not have quality and consistant food and service?
No, I'm just saying I tend to be more forgiving when it's a local place I frequent often.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Good point 1240.

Sometimes nice begets nice.

You know, do unto others.....
Old 03-30-2010, 08:49 AM
Gold member
Default Maybe the message is working?

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when our group of 16 stopped at Havana after our Monday round of golf. In the past we have had issues with service and management but yesterday was a welcome change. In the space of less than five minutes four servers stopped to see if they could help us. Three of them actually said it was not their table but they would help get us started. Big change from last week when we sat for 15 minutes before one of our group approached a manager. A little bit of extra effort can go a long way.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Default yesterday

The last two previous experiences that Havana were terrible and worse. Both times the service was poor and when gracefully brought to the hostesses' attention it was received rudely and not in the the constructive manner it was presented.

But, since had been a few months my wife and I decided to give it another try yesterday. We sat at the bar and ordered a small pizza. We had to return the plates because they were dirty. Then my wife looked up at the glasses hanging over the bar area - the same ones they use for drinks. They were uniformly filthy!! You could readily discern lipstick and finger prints on the stem ware. We won't be going back any time soon.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default Same bad experience as others here....

Golf group went to Havana after golf @ 3PM today and received the same servie with"attitude" that others described here.

- Upset that we just wanted drinks, server kind of thru checks on table after one drink..no thought the she should run a tab for each of us,

- Two-for-ones in her mind = one so called double....hard to tell but didn't seem like double the liquor - IMHO two for one should be two separate drinks unless customer agrees to one glass double,

- Customer service training in strongly suggested.

Golf group won't be back.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post

So are you saying that if I complain about the food that I have an attitude?

Which is why I do not complain. I do not want to get into a p*ssing match with the owner or the waiter/waitress. I have seen it happen too many times.

I will just go some place else next time.

Let someone else's attitude bring on an attitude.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.