Havana-strike three

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Veteran member
Default Guess Need to go to find out what is the TRUTH

With this post I feel like listening to both FOX and MSNBC. So, we need to check Havana next month. I'll post after visiting there and some one can do the Havana Gallop poll.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorio View Post
With this post I feel like listening to both FOX and MSNBC. So, we need to check Havana next month. I'll post after visiting there and some one can do the Havana Gallop poll.
eagerly awaiting you review ---- you can start a poll !!!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Thumbs up Havana Cheese Burgers

My husband and I had burgers at Havana last week and they were delicious! I'm super picky about food and prefer my burgers med/rare with swiss cheese and mushrooms, I also asked for crispy fries and everything was cooked perfectly. The burger was so juicy that I resorted to using a fork to finish it. Really delicious.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorio View Post

You go to Havana. I'll go to Mallory where I won't have to gamble on my food being good.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Gold member
Wink

Maybe someone could get the Manager to come on this site and explain???? Havana seems to get a lot of complaints, but by telling waitress, will probably not change anything. I don't think waitress tells owner???
Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianeF View Post
My husband and I had burgers at Havana last week and they were delicious! I'm super picky about food and prefer my burgers med/rare with swiss cheese and mushrooms, I also asked for crispy fries and everything was cooked perfectly. The burger was so juicy that I resorted to using a fork to finish it. Really delicious.
Four post and everyone about how great Havana is ??????? Very strange ---- what position do you hold at Havana ????
Old 12-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
Maybe someone could get the Manager to come on this site and explain???? Havana seems to get a lot of complaints, but by telling waitress, will probably not change anything. I don't think waitress tells owner???

Doubt that will happen. Back in October my Monday golf group stopped at Havana for drinks. Couple of folks had chili and said it was more of a soup and did not taste good. Waitress went and told the chef who blamed the prep area. Next came a request to see the duty manager. The waitress left and came back with the answer that the manager was too busy to talk to us. The waitress was great and took the charge off of their bills.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianeF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
Four post and everyone about how great Havana is ??????? Very strange ---- what position do you hold at Havana ????
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:47 PM

We talked to a chef that use to work at Havana. He would use all organic produce and recipes he had picked up from his extensive training. When he wasn't there, Havana would go back to their old ways. He said his paychecks were bouncing and he is no longer there.
So that might explain some of the good meals being when he was there and the not so good meals when he wasn't there. He also said only a few of the waitresses really care about their customers.
Bouncing paychecks is not a good business practice. Sad that one of our country clubs is like this.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Wow "bouncing paychecks"in Florida's Friendliest Town is just plain worrisome. I had a burger at Evans Priarie and thought it was charcoal. Do you think the cook's paycheck bounced there too?
Old 12-13-2012, 11:02 PM

We also have tried Havana 3-4 times without a pleasing experience. Will not return.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:49 PM

My golf group had lunch after golf yesterday (14 of us), and they were very accommodating in seating us together. But even with two waitresses, service was very slow. The restaurant wasn't that busy, so I'm not sure what the delay was in the kitchen or bar. Other than fouling up a few orders, I didn't hear any complaints about the food.

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."----John Wesley
Old 12-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Default Bonifay !

What is wrong with Bonifay?
Janet & Carl
Old 12-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet & Carl View Post
What is wrong with Bonifay?
Janet & Carl
I thought this thread was about Havana ???
Old 12-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Platinum member

We had a group there last evening, service and food was great.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.