Ketchup!

Old 03-14-2024, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,757 Times in 1,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
We use a lot of old bay but I don't think we've ever put it on seafood and I think the picture on the box is shrimp and crabs (or fish). Anything that goes in a crockpot, stew pot or the oven gets a little, even eggs or mac and cheese, yummy.
Had it. Prefer a couple dashes of Tabasco to brighten things up a bit. Tabasco scorpion sauce if I'm the only one eating whatever the dish is.
Old 03-14-2024, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,757 Times in 1,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Not just any vinegar. Malt vinegar. And only on fish and chips. Never on onion rings. you shouldn't even salt onion rings. If they're made right, they're perfect exactly as they arrive on the plate.
Disagree 0n onion rings. Most places don't make them crispy enough. Malt vinegar, even catsup can help make them more palatable.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,570 Times in 3,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Not just any vinegar. Malt vinegar. And only on fish and chips. Never on onion rings. you shouldn't even salt onion rings. If they're made right, they're perfect exactly as they arrive on the plate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Disagree 0n onion rings. Most places don't make them crispy enough. Malt vinegar, even catsup can help make them more palatable.
I stand by my opinion.
Old 03-14-2024, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Had it. Prefer a couple dashes of Tabasco to brighten things up a bit. Tabasco scorpion sauce if I'm the only one eating whatever the dish is.
I'm much prefer the green Tabasco.
Old 03-14-2024, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
No one over the age of 10 should be using ketchup!

See so many adults slathering it on everything before they even taste their food. Why put on a sugary/vinergar glop on perfectly good tasting food.
But I love ketchup!😢
Old 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
America was finished as far as we were concerned, and labeled a failed state the moment you threw all that tea in the sea.
It wouldn't have been quite so bad if the water had been boiled.
But tea in cold water!!!
We love Iced Tea too!!!!
Old 03-14-2024, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,455 Times in 2,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
We love Iced Tea too!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
So you are also against iced tea? Barbaric I must say.
Tea is made with boiling water, drinking it cold is fine, but you cannot steep tea properly to bring out the flavor in cold water, it's, it's....................just not done!
It's like adding ice or water to a good whiskey.
Old 03-14-2024, 01:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Tea is made with boiling water, drinking it cold is fine, but you cannot steep tea properly to bring out the flavor in cold water, it's, it's....................just not done!
It's like adding ice or water to a good whiskey.
To further horrify you: we frequently make iced tea in COLD water. We get a large jar, fill it with water, & put TEA BAGS in it. Then once steeped we put it in glasses with ice cubes. We call it cold brew & we are foolish enough to believe it not only tastes better, but retains more healthy plant compounds. (Did that sound nice & Californian?)
Old 03-14-2024, 01:49 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,770 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
No one over the age of 10 should be using ketchup!

See so many adults slathering it on everything before they even taste their food. Why put on a sugary/vinergar glop on perfectly good tasting food.

Personal preference (especially here in the south where we're from ) perhaps ?

Why do people put ounce after ounce of "creamer" in their coffee, or multiple spoons of sugar on bowls of already mainly sugar breakfast cereal ?

We use a lot of ketchup, and much prefer the Heintz type with no sugar, all a matter of taste and the habits of the location where one grew up maybe ?
Old 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashiecat1954 View Post
Maybe you should stay out of restaurants, that way you won't need to worry about what anyone else is or isn't eating.
Oh my goodness, surely this person is only spoofing people to have fun on "social media", no one, not even the "most picky" person could possibly care what others put on their food. To be "disgusting" or "sickening" it would have to be some NON food, NON edible put on the food ! We raised in the south folks put ketchup on so many things, but when we lived in Europe we tried the mayo served with FRENCH FRIES, I found it very good actually !

Last edited by Pairadocs; 03-14-2024 at 01:57 PM. Reason: add word for clarity
Old 03-14-2024, 01:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
ROTFLMAO! 5 star? Right! 🤣🤨😂
Probably not a good choice of retirement locations for a sophisticated palate, unless golf choices are a much more compelling reason !
Old 03-14-2024, 02:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
It definitely needs discussion, and let's face it, we haven't even touched on the gender orientation or preferences of the mixed ingredients yet.
I mean, is tomato paste actually comfortable in the presence of garlic?
A VERY pressing issue considering the state of world affairs at present, but yes, inquiring minds would like to know, myself among them !
Old 03-14-2024, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,046 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
Word.
Rush! My ALL time favorite music group. Talented, intelligent and high integrity guys. Not that common among progressive rock or heavy metal groups. Nice to see someone else on here who does not mind Geddy’s screeching voice… his own mother had trouble with it.

Back to food. Someone commented on garlic and tomato sauce. I use roasted garlic from my oven in several recipes… when I am not going to socialize later. Garlic gets into your blood and pores and if you eat enough, the smell is very hard to get rid of. But it ramps up your immunity system too. And it’s delicious!
Old 03-14-2024, 03:01 PM

Can you put ketchup on over easy eggs?
Old 03-14-2024, 03:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
Can you put ketchup on over easy eggs?
Not just perfectly fine...but also delicious with broken yolk

Tags
ketchup, food, good, perfectly, glop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.