Miller's Ale House - Huge Decline

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2022, 08:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,202 Times in 1,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
& i haven't been in awhile, but to me Millers is a hit or miss, depending on what day/time you go. either way, waitstaff is very good
Before Miller's changed the meat used for the Steak Fajitas, that dish was never hit or miss. Their Steak Fajitas were my absolute favorite in The Villages area......better than any Mexican restaurant in the area and I've tried most of them. I actually gave Millers' Steak Fajitas a fantastic review on TOTV when I first had them. Now that the meat has been changed (corporate decision), I will never order them again.
Old 05-28-2022, 08:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevEnglish View Post
Remember that restaurants are still short-staffed. Your steak may have been cooked by someone who usually only does salads, or whatever, but was making the effort to cook to help the restaurant. In order to pay the folks that show up, they are doing the best they can and that might mean ordering the less expensive napkins or perhaps that might be the only thing available from their vendor since so much of “our stuff” is sitting on ships in harbors. Have you not noticed the grocery store shelves lately. Be thankful they’re still open and trying to get their operation back as it should be. Continue to support them and graciously tip the servers who are stretched thin and doing their best. Remember that businesses are still struggling.
It has nothing to do with the way the cook prepared the steak for the fajitas. The steak appeared to be well prepared and was very pink and juicy when I ordered the meat "medium rare". Looks were TOTALLY deceiving. The meat was not chewable........at all. Well, I got my first bite chewed in about two minutes. NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Old 05-28-2022, 08:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack View Post
Yes, I experience the same disappointed. At the beginning their chicken tenders were juicy and tender. Went there recently. The hostess seemed burned out, no smile and to be honest I doubt she even cared that I was there. Chicken tenders tasted rewarmed, and very dry. I was bummed. I have not returned for months.
I did give Miller's Steak Fajitas another try after about three months when the server told me they were purchasing different steak now and they were paying more for it. I was willing to give this dish another try. Well........there was absolutely no difference in the quality of the beef. Still not able to chew it. I sent it back.
Old 05-28-2022, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,227 Times in 5,425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I did give Miller's Steak Fajitas another try after about three months when the server told me they were purchasing different steak now and they were paying more for it. I was willing to give this dish another try. Well........there was absolutely no difference in the quality of the beef. Still not able to chew it. I sent it back.
Makes one wonder if they ever try the food they make
Old 05-28-2022, 08:51 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,103 Times in 379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
The manager there is excellent.
Well there are several layers of managers. The original store opening manager has recently gone,
Old 05-28-2022, 08:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Makes one wonder if they ever try the food they make
I was just about to suggest to the manager that he should try the beef himself but I did not. I would imagine, any good manager, would go back to the kitchen and test the food himself if a customer is that adamant about the quality of the food. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.
Old 05-29-2022, 01:59 PM
Default Ordered takeout from Miller’s - excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I didn't talk to the manager, but I did send a detailed online review. The waitress apologized and acted as though she already knew the fajitas were not acceptable, and didn't charge for them.
Today we picked up two dinners…one salmon with loaded baked potato, also onion rings. Also chicken parm dinner. Both very good & large portions. I was surprised the onion rings were so fresh & crispy…really good! Much better than the Aussie place that specializes in onion rings. Just thought I’d add my 2 cents worth as we really enjoyed the dinners and the price was reasonable. Oh BTW…the napkins were large & not flimsy. The takeout order wasn’t missing a thing, which seems to be an anomaly here lately. We have enough leftover for two meals this evening.
Old 05-29-2022, 02:29 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

In this labor market you have no idea who is cooking day to day. These are generic line cooks. Your lucky if the dishwasher isn’t cooking because employees don’t show
Old 05-29-2022, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,873 Times in 5,313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
Today we picked up two dinners…one salmon with loaded baked potato, also onion rings. Also chicken parm dinner. Both very good & large portions. I was surprised the onion rings were so fresh & crispy…really good! Much better than the Aussie place that specializes in onion rings. Just thought I’d add my 2 cents worth as we really enjoyed the dinners and the price was reasonable. Oh BTW…the napkins were large & not flimsy. The takeout order wasn’t missing a thing, which seems to be an anomaly here lately. We have enough leftover for two meals this evening.
I have been back to Miller's a few times since this thread. It is still a good place to go and the food is usually pretty good, just not as consistent as when it first opened. I do like the fact that it has two bars and lots of TVs. Good atmosphere and you can usually find a seat at the bar. No waiting for a table.
Closed Thread

Tags
millers, restaurant, decline, table, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.