Newly Renovated Hacienda Hills CC

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 09-26-2018, 07:06 AM
spring_chicken spring_chicken is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 882
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Was there Sunday and 2 of the 3 stalls in the ladies room were "out of order".
  #17  
Old 09-26-2018, 08:42 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 37,227
Thanks: 1,627
Thanked 880 Times in 389 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
You're lucky they didn't have your prime rib sandwich..... you would have tossed it in the trash like we did last night. We had a hard time with the barmaid also. When she was not in the kitchen she was making some kind of fancy shoots for a waiter who was downing them while working. The owner is a Doctor someone said, so I don't think he would be there. The manager is IMHO the problem with that place. I can't believe they call that a remodel. I hope they didn't pay much to have it done. New furniture ..... yes. It got so dark I couldn't see to pay my bill. Was told they can't figure out how to turn the lights on. No paper towels in men's room. No stock in coolers behind the bar. Beers kept in ice behind the bar.....nice and cold but that ice goes into drinks. They are not going to make it.
Curious who owns it. Hope he isn't MY cardiologist.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #18  
Old 09-26-2018, 09:27 AM
champion6's Avatar
champion6 champion6 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 4,492
Thanks: 1
Thanked 204 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Curious who owns it. Hope he isn't MY cardiologist.
The owners are Mahesh Nomula, Smita Karkal & Revati Pothamsetty.
  #19  
Old 09-26-2018, 09:38 AM
Challenger's Avatar
Challenger Challenger is online now
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,077
Thanks: 12
Thanked 179 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
The owners are Mahesh Nomula, Smita Karkal & Revati Pothamsetty.
Hope the owners can "Make Hacienda Great Again" . Often successful people think that they can become successful in a totally unrelated business. Failure occurs more often than success.


Hope these owners can beat the odds. If not we will have another Havana (CC) episode
__________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke 1729-1797
  #20  
Old 09-26-2018, 10:41 AM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is online now
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,073
Thanks: 1,365
Thanked 560 Times in 298 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Hope the owners can "Make Hacienda Great Again" . Often successful people think that they can become successful in a totally unrelated business. Failure occurs more often than success.


Hope these owners can beat the odds. If not we will have another Havana (CC) episode
They are the ones that wrecked it!
Mahesh Nomula opened both World of Beers in the Villages. Took over Hacienda a couple of years ago and his "Bad" management people have run it into the ground IMHO. Doing the same with Glenview from what I hear.
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9

Everytime you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: NOT MY CIRCUS - NOT MY MONKEYS
  #21  
Old 09-26-2018, 10:49 AM
spring_chicken spring_chicken is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 882
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
They are the ones that wrecked it!
Mahesh Nomula opened both World of Beers in the Villages. Took over Hacienda a couple of years ago and his "Bad" management people have run it into the ground IMHO. Doing the same with Glenview from what I hear.
Totally agree. I don't know how WOB at SS stays in business. Very rude bartender, and the highest priced beer (even a domestic draft) anywhere near SS. I've never seen the place even half full.
  #22  
Old 09-26-2018, 11:26 AM
Chatbrat Chatbrat is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,214
Thanks: 0
Thanked 596 Times in 263 Posts
Default

My trainer told me he went to WOB in SS once, never again

Maybe this thread should be renamed--the newly renovated La Hacienda Hills restaurant--the worst restaurant in the villages, now that Guy Fieri's is closed
  #23  
Old 09-26-2018, 12:35 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 37,227
Thanks: 1,627
Thanked 880 Times in 389 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
They are the ones that wrecked it!
Mahesh Nomula opened both World of Beers in the Villages. Took over Hacienda a couple of years ago and his "Bad" management people have run it into the ground IMHO. Doing the same with Glenview from what I hear.
So that is why Glenview has gone downhill. I used to love to go there, now it is very disappointing. They let go all of their great servers too. What else did they buy? Hacienda, World of Beer,(2) Glenview and Mallory? Or is Mallory the same?

What with the group that owns the other bunch of CC's south of 466A, things in The Villages foodwise don't look like they will change for the better. Thank heavens for Cane Garden. I see the Lighthouse not quite as good as it was. Some of our favorites are gone from the menu.. The Morses are the best people to run Restaurants here. I wish they still did.

I know it isn't like me to bash stuff here, but we had some decent stuff going on when we moved here ten years ago.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #24  
Old 09-26-2018, 12:51 PM
champion6's Avatar
champion6 champion6 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 4,492
Thanks: 1
Thanked 204 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
So that is why Glenview has gone downhill. I used to love to go there, now it is very disappointing. They let go all of their great servers too. What else did they buy? Hacienda, World of Beer,(2) Glenview and Mallory? Or is Mallory the same?

What with the group that owns the other bunch of CC's south of 466A, things in The Villages foodwise don't look like they will change for the better. Thank heavens for Cane Garden. I see the Lighthouse not quite as good as it was. Some of our favorites are gone from the menu.. The Morses are the best people to run Restaurants here. I wish they still did.

I know it isn't like me to bash stuff here, but we had some decent stuff going on when we moved here ten years ago.
Mahesh Nomula, Smita Karkal & Revati Pothamsetty
Glenview CC
Hacienda Hills CC
World of Beer, Brownwood & Spanish Springs

Raymond & Cailey Ann Frederick
Mallory Hill CC

George (Mackie) McCabe
In Feb 2019, the plan is the current, long-time chef will become the owner
Cane Garden CC

Maureen & John McIntyre
Lighthouse Point Bar & Grill

Fred Karimipour, FMK Restaurant Group
Belle Glade CC
Bluefin Grill & Bar, Brownwood
Bonifay CC
Evans Prairie CC
Orange Blossom Hills CC
Scooples Ice Cream Parlor, Brownwood

David Suleiman
Havana CC
Johnny Rockets, Lake Sumter Landing
Legacy Restaurant and Oasis Bar & Grill at Nancy Lopez CC
Redsauce, Lake Sumter Landing

Chad Strausbaugh
Palmer Legends CC

Last edited by champion6; 09-26-2018 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added Palmer
  #25  
Old 09-26-2018, 12:57 PM
Chatbrat Chatbrat is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,214
Thanks: 0
Thanked 596 Times in 263 Posts
Default

FMK group- is used to the same cookie cutter food in their clubs south of 466a--will not knock Bluefin till I eat there

Hope its not the same--
  #26  
Old 09-26-2018, 12:58 PM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is online now
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,073
Thanks: 1,365
Thanked 560 Times in 298 Posts
Default

Great info.
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9

Everytime you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: NOT MY CIRCUS - NOT MY MONKEYS
  #27  
Old 09-26-2018, 01:11 PM
Chatbrat Chatbrat is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,214
Thanks: 0
Thanked 596 Times in 263 Posts
Default

The problem is become TOO apparent, TOO few hands controlling TOO many restaurants here
  #28  
Old 09-26-2018, 01:15 PM
champion6's Avatar
champion6 champion6 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 4,492
Thanks: 1
Thanked 204 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
The problem is become TOO apparent, TOO few hands controlling TOO many restaurants here
Really? According to the Daily Sun, there are more than 130 culinary establishments in The Villages.
  #29  
Old 09-26-2018, 01:21 PM
Chatbrat Chatbrat is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,214
Thanks: 0
Thanked 596 Times in 263 Posts
Default

Yes, what is a culinary establishment? Any joint that serve what they consider as food is a culinary establishment-- people stop kidding yourselves --we are getting short changed as far as restaurants in TV 's are concerned--

At 120K population we deserve better, there are lots of "establishments to serve the lower niches here"--how about something above the mediocre
  #30  
Old 09-26-2018, 01:24 PM
rustyp rustyp is online now
Gold member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,409
Thanks: 33
Thanked 245 Times in 103 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Mahesh Nomula, Smita Karkal & Revati Pothamsetty
Glenview CC
Hacienda Hills CC
World of Beer, Brownwood & Spanish Springs

Raymond & Cailey Ann Frederick
Mallory Hill CC

George (Mackie) McCabe
In Feb 2019, the plan is the current, long-time chef will become the owner
Cane Garden CC

Maureen & John McIntyre
Lighthouse Point Bar & Grill

Fred Karimipour, FMK Restaurant Group
Belle Glade CC
Bluefin Grill & Bar, Brownwood
Bonifay CC
Evans Prairie CC
Orange Blossom Hills CC
Scooples Ice Cream Parlor, Brownwood

David Suleiman
Havana CC
Johnny Rockets, Lake Sumter Landing
Legacy Restaurant and Oasis Bar & Grill at Nancy Lopez CC
Redsauce, Lake Sumter Landing David Suleiman
Nice summary - My group of golfers play three times per week and follow up with HH (happy hour) at one of the country clubs. Our favorites are down to two out of 12 now, Arnold and Tierra Del Sol. We boycotted the FMK group several years ago. We used to frequent Katie Belles all the time. It was our favorite. OB was great with the Tiki Bar and daily entertainment. We take turns going to each other homes often now. Probably us contributing to the rate hikes by not being the patrons we used to be. What more can I say. It's not a democracy here and we knew it going in.
Closed Thread

Tags
newly, hacienda, renovated, hills, place

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.