Newly Renovated Hacienda Hills CC

Newly Renovated Hacienda Hills CC

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-25-2018, 08:57 AM
Sage

We used to be frequent flyers--loved the sunken bar aspect--too many friends have warned us that the food stinks and I mean stinks. since the new owners took over--no excuse for disgusting rest rooms, since the owner is a med professional. he's a cardiologist

Old 09-25-2018, 06:38 PM

Restaurants can be owned or invested in by anyone but only restaurant professionals should RUN a restaurant.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:26 PM
Platinum member

Went there for dinner tonight. After sitting at the bar for 15 minutes went to the host and asked if the bar was closed. No, she will be right there. 10 minutes later we received a draft beer and a glass of wine. We then attempted to order food. Wife ordered soup and salad. My first order was prime rib sandwhich,. Don't have any, I'll take the lobster roll don't have any. i settled for a flat bread, the dough they used sucked. The owner / manager should see that the bartender spends more time in the kitchen than tending bar. Since I have lived here 18 years, this is the worst

Last edited by golf2140; 09-25-2018 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Went there for dinner tonight. After sitting at the bar for 15 minutes went to the host and asked if the bar was closed. No, she will be right there. 10 minutes later we received a draft beer and a glass of wine. We then attempted to order food. Wife ordered soup and salad. My first order was prime rib sandwhich,. Don't have any, I'll take the lobster roll don't have any. i settled for a flat bread, the dough they used sucked. The owner / manager should see that the bartender spends more time in the kitchen than tending bar. Since I have lived here 18 years, this is the worst
You're lucky they didn't have your prime rib sandwich..... you would have tossed it in the trash like we did last night. We had a hard time with the barmaid also. When she was not in the kitchen she was making some kind of fancy shoots for a waiter who was downing them while working. The owner is a Doctor someone said, so I don't think he would be there. The manager is IMHO the problem with that place. I can't believe they call that a remodel. I hope they didn't pay much to have it done. New furniture ..... yes. It got so dark I couldn't see to pay my bill. Was told they can't figure out how to turn the lights on. No paper towels in men's room. No stock in coolers behind the bar. Beers kept in ice behind the bar.....nice and cold but that ice goes into drinks. They are not going to make it.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:49 AM

I hope they now renovate the food. We used to go to Hacienda three times a week and before that we went to El Santiago Restaurant before it closed. That's where Chef Brian worked his magic. Sorry he left. Heard he got sick for a while. I hope he is well. He was a wonderful creative chef. My son-in-law wanted his to come to NY and work in his restaurant. Never happened.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:06 AM
Veteran member

Was there Sunday and 2 of the 3 stalls in the ladies room were "out of order".
Old 09-26-2018, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
You're lucky they didn't have your prime rib sandwich..... you would have tossed it in the trash like we did last night. We had a hard time with the barmaid also. When she was not in the kitchen she was making some kind of fancy shoots for a waiter who was downing them while working. The owner is a Doctor someone said, so I don't think he would be there. The manager is IMHO the problem with that place. I can't believe they call that a remodel. I hope they didn't pay much to have it done. New furniture ..... yes. It got so dark I couldn't see to pay my bill. Was told they can't figure out how to turn the lights on. No paper towels in men's room. No stock in coolers behind the bar. Beers kept in ice behind the bar.....nice and cold but that ice goes into drinks. They are not going to make it.
Curious who owns it. Hope he isn't MY cardiologist.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Curious who owns it. Hope he isn't MY cardiologist.
The owners are Mahesh Nomula, Smita Karkal & Revati Pothamsetty.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:38 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
The owners are Mahesh Nomula, Smita Karkal & Revati Pothamsetty.
Hope the owners can "Make Hacienda Great Again" . Often successful people think that they can become successful in a totally unrelated business. Failure occurs more often than success.

Hope these owners can beat the odds. If not we will have another Havana (CC) episode
Old 09-26-2018, 10:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Hope the owners can "Make Hacienda Great Again" . Often successful people think that they can become successful in a totally unrelated business. Failure occurs more often than success.

Hope these owners can beat the odds. If not we will have another Havana (CC) episode
They are the ones that wrecked it!
Mahesh Nomula opened both World of Beers in the Villages. Took over Hacienda a couple of years ago and his "Bad" management people have run it into the ground IMHO. Doing the same with Glenview from what I hear.

Tags
newly, hacienda, renovated, hills, place