Ollie's Frozen Custard

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatmaiden View Post
My husband and I are trying to support local business in a responsible way by wearing masks and following CDC guidelines. Last night we stopped by Ollies Frozen Custard but when we entered, the server was not wearing a mask. When questioned about this, she just shrugged and indicated she didn't have to. We made our purchase and left. Today I spoke with a co-owner who rudely informed me that there is not indication from the state that they HAVE to require their employees to wear a mask. When I pointed out that businesses around TV are having their employees masked, she said that was fine but she doesn't HAVE to make that a requirement and won't. When I pointed out that this was in total disrespect for her paying customers, she indicated that she didn't care. After 22 years of spending money in her store, it won't happen again! Just wanted to let people who are trying to be responsible in these times, Ollies is not respecting you. For people who are not following the CDC guidelines, don't bother commenting because, frankly, I don't care. This is just a warning for those of us who care for others.
But "Karen" you were so outraged you still made a purchase. Why not just walk out? According to what your major complaint is, spread of the virus, you did zilch to contain it buy making that purchase that was handled by someone w/o mask and gloves.

Do you see how ridiculous you look?
Old 05-18-2020, 09:44 AM

People need to get over this obsession with masks. Why do you think they are not mandatory? Because they don't really prevent you from getting anything. They just make people feel good.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:52 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Sounds like the owner has a “bad attitude”. That said, although the mask isn’t legally mandated, it protects the customer not the employer. I’m with the OP on this one.
Would really be interesting if we got the owner's side of the story.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmccants View Post
Where is Ollies, I love frozen custard??
Bella Cruz Dr. Near Subway on the north end of the shopping center.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:43 AM

Yet you still shopped there. If you were not comfortable, you should have left before making a purchase
Old 05-18-2020, 10:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatmaiden View Post
My husband and I are trying to support local business in a responsible way by wearing masks and following CDC guidelines. Last night we stopped by Ollies Frozen Custard but when we entered, the server was not wearing a mask. When questioned about this, she just shrugged and indicated she didn't have to. We made our purchase and left. Today I spoke with a co-owner who rudely informed me that there is not indication from the state that they HAVE to require their employees to wear a mask. When I pointed out that businesses around TV are having their employees masked, she said that was fine but she doesn't HAVE to make that a requirement and won't. When I pointed out that this was in total disrespect for her paying customers, she indicated that she didn't care. After 22 years of spending money in her store, it won't happen again! Just wanted to let people who are trying to be responsible in these times, Ollies is not respecting you. For people who are not following the CDC guidelines, don't bother commenting because, frankly, I don't care. This is just a warning for those of us who care for others.
No disrespect meant but if you felt that offended by the employee/server not wearing a mask , why in the world did you not turn around and leave without purchasing anything ????

Instead , you purchased your ice cream ..... I honestly don’t get it ......

Edit: sorry I didn’t read the previous 4 pages of posts to realize others made the same comment .....

And judging by many of the responses, mine was quite kind .....

Last edited by jarodrig; 05-18-2020 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:22 AM

Using a business is like a vote every day. Everyone has an opinion and each is sure they are right. I was in Japan in the 90s and a lot of people there wore masks for transmittal reasons. Their numbers look pretty good through the virus.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,771 Times in 1,545 Posts
Default Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyguyot1 View Post
Using a business is like a vote every day. Everyone has an opinion and each is sure they are right. I was in Japan in the 90s and a lot of people there wore masks for transmittal reasons. Their numbers look pretty good through the virus.
I was there in the late 60s and masks were common then. Same story in a different time. What I don't remember is either group chastising or making fun of the other group. Very considerate and courteous of one another. I wonder if we could learn from their example?
Old 05-18-2020, 11:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
I was there in the late 60s and masks were common then. Same story in a different time. What I don't remember is either group chastising or making fun of the other group. Very considerate and courteous of one another. I wonder if we could learn from their example?
Was in Vietnam last year , everyone in mask almost everywhere. Forward to May 2020=
Population about 100 mil - covid 19 cases -320 deaths from Covid 19 =0
Maybe they are/were on to something.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:09 PM

Thank you! Totally agree!
Old 05-18-2020, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,771 Times in 1,545 Posts
Default Actually, not totally correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritabob View Post
People need to get over this obsession with masks. Why do you think they are not mandatory? Because they don't really prevent you from getting anything. They just make people feel good.
Just an observation of this post. I think "obsession" might not be quite right here. People are "obsessed" with dogs, pickle ball, golf, etc. But not everyone with a dog or plays pickle ball or golf is obsessed. Not everyone shares your belief that everything is great and masks are useless. There is a lot of contradictory information and opinions going around right now. I'm guessing you may have noticed this. With this in mind, perhaps you may be able to understand why someone might want to try to lessen their sharing of potentially harmful droplets from sneezing, coughing or even talking.
As to your statement that masks don't keep you from getting anything, I might offer that, depending on what mask one uses, it may keep you from getting a snoot full of pollen, a mouthful of love bugs, and may even lessen the degree to which one may be exposed to any number of potentially harmful particles, chemicals, germs and bacteria.
Things are not normal right now and a lot of folks are stressed for any number of reasons. I would like to suggest that we all show a little compassion for each other and try to be a less judgmental.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:37 PM

Surgeon General says cloth masks don't work. If they did everything could be 100% open. Masks are just for show. If the server doesn't have covid you won't get it. If she does, her mask wont do you any good if she hands you an infected cone.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:24 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,321 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritabob View Post
With all due respect, why would masks be recommended by the CDC? “CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain”.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:55 PM
Default Maybe they take hydroxychloroquine like Trump!

No matter, RESPECT is a keyword, and those small business owners should encourage to comply with the guidelines! You can ask if the employee takes a hydroxychloroquine pill or not.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,035 Times in 1,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Heard a similar criticism of Scooples , a few days ago. If I walked into and ice cream store and the server had no mask, I would walk out. If I didn't , I would be abetting the "crime"
so funny you posted this because i went in last week & the girl had to pull the mask down so i could understand what she saying
Closed Thread

Tags
care, ollies, cdc, people, frozen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.