Paisanos: Got a strange answer when I called

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2023, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,860 Times in 5,307 Posts

I agree with the OP. Why couldn't she tell you what the current wait time is? I was there a few weeks ago, and they told me the wait time was one hour, so I left. I won't wait an hour to eat a meal.
Old 10-26-2023, 12:41 PM

I think you are making this way more complicated than it really is. My guess would be that the restaurant may have been busy and didn’t want to tell you that knowing that you would probably seek some other restaurant.
Old 10-26-2023, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich42 View Post
I think you are making this way more complicated than it really is. My guess would be that the restaurant may have been busy and didn’t want to tell you that knowing that you would probably seek some other restaurant.
But the non-answer (or refusal to answer) was, in fact, an answer. Not only did the OP not go to the restaurant but they are now commenting on the lack of professionalism by whoever answered the phone. It would have worked out better for the restaurant if they had just provided the requested information.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-26-2023, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,743 Times in 704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
But the non-answer (or refusal to answer) was, in fact, an answer. Not only did the OP not go to the restaurant but they are now commenting on the lack of professionalism by whoever answered the phone. It would have worked out better for the restaurant if they had just provided the requested information.
If you visit (or don't visit) a merchant, restaurant, vendor, etc, based on reviews on this site, you'll never go anywhere.
Old 10-26-2023, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,743 Times in 704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Continuing the childish theme......."You realize people can have an opinion that differs from yours, correct?".................of course I do. I love differing opinions.

You appear to be confused with your statement, "My comment wasn't a question."
I never said it was.
I never thought it was.
Besides confusion, why would you state it???

OB's comment was very childish, but you found it to be excellent.
I on the other hand said it was not an excellent reply.
Then you come back with "My comment wasn't a question".

Are you seeing any confusion on your part???

///

Last edited by photo1902; 10-26-2023 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Ain't worth the time
Old 10-26-2023, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,716 Times in 963 Posts

"Hey, I called here an hour ago and you told me that there was no line. Now that I am here (an hour later) there is a line. I am mad and will complain to my friends."

Maybe that is why they did not give an answer to the OP. Restaurants fill and lines form quickly at certain prime times.
Old 10-26-2023, 04:10 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,210 Times in 333 Posts

As these postings continues on - it becomes ridiculous. Some folks just ruin it all for what should be a valuable informative forum of thoughtful individuals. Some here post like they are in grade school…
Old 10-26-2023, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,222 Times in 5,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
As these postings continues on - it becomes ridiculous. Some folks just ruin it all for what should be a valuable informative forum of thoughtful individuals. Some here post like they are in grade school…
That is why I just scroll on when a thread is of no interest to me.
Old 10-26-2023, 09:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,639 Times in 3,158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree. Piesanos ultra thin crust pizza is consistent and very good. My biggest problem with pizza places is that most of them add way too much cheese and they do not use a consistent recipe. Apparently, a lot of people who make pizza think that every customer wants extra cheese, the more the better. Not true. The cheese and sauce should be applied in measured amounts, according to the recipe.
Er, no. The recipe for a good pizza is to shape, then toss the crust, lay it out on the pallet. The crust should be somewhere between 14-16". Dump a ladle of sauce in the middle and in a circular motion, use the bottom of the ladle to spiral the sauce out to around 1/2 inch from the edges. Then grab a palmful of cheese and sprinkle it over the sauce, repeat if you have small hands. Get a couple pinches of oregano, sprinkle that over it all. Then drizzle around a tablespoon of olive oil from a squirt bottle in a spiral over all of that. Slide the pie in the oven at 700°F for 7 minutes, until the crust edges bubble and start to char. That's a large cheese pizza.
Old 10-26-2023, 09:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,639 Times in 3,158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
She could have said, "At the moment there are tables available, but don't be surprised if that has changed when you arrive- it's unpredictable". I'd be OK with that- in fact I'm smart enough to know that without being told.
If you are smart enough to know that without being told, then why would you even ask? You already know the answer, no need to call them in the first place. The answer:

"There might or might not be a line or wait right this moment, but by the time you get here, there might or might not be a different line or wait time."
Old 10-27-2023, 05:59 AM

Quote:
First- I really love Paisanos.

I'm just curious about a phone conversation I had with the person answering the phone.

I called and asked, "Is there a line waiting to be seated- or do you have seats open"? The young woman answered, "I'm sorry, I can't divulge that information". Huh? Why would that be protected information- who might be at risk?
Perhaps she didn’t understand ur question.. just saying
Old 10-27-2023, 06:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,860 Times in 5,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Er, no. The recipe for a good pizza is to shape, then toss the crust, lay it out on the pallet. The crust should be somewhere between 14-16". Dump a ladle of sauce in the middle and in a circular motion, use the bottom of the ladle to spiral the sauce out to around 1/2 inch from the edges. Then grab a palmful of cheese and sprinkle it over the sauce, repeat if you have small hands. Get a couple pinches of oregano, sprinkle that over it all. Then drizzle around a tablespoon of olive oil from a squirt bottle in a spiral over all of that. Slide the pie in the oven at 700°F for 7 minutes, until the crust edges bubble and start to char. That's a large cheese pizza.
LOL. So, if you have 3 or 4 people making the pizzas, don't bother to tell them exactly how much sauce and cheese to add. And, if someone orders a 16 inch pizza, and gets a 14 inch, who cares? Or, if a customer wants a thin crust, but gets a thick crust, so what? Let the employees just wing it. All of the customers will be fine with that.
Old 10-27-2023, 07:46 AM

Because they don’t want to enable your behavior. Can you imagine the phone line being busy all the time and you can’t get through to order your take out pizza because 250+ people a day calling to see if there is a waiting line for seating? Come on. Put yourself in their position. Not hard to figure it out.
Old 10-27-2023, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,222 Times in 5,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptmcbriz View Post
Because they don’t want to enable your behavior. Can you imagine the phone line being busy all the time and you can’t get through to order your take out pizza because 250+ people a day calling to see if there is a waiting line for seating? Come on. Put yourself in their position. Not hard to figure it out.
If I will get to a restaurant for dinner in say 30 minutes I do find it useful to find out how busy they are now. Full at say 5 30 means long wait at 6.
Old 10-27-2023, 12:03 PM
Default Hope this helps...

Quote:
First- I really love Paisanos.

I'm just curious about a phone conversation I had with the person answering the phone.

I called and asked, "Is there a line waiting to be seated- or do you have seats open"? The young woman answered, "I'm sorry, I can't divulge that information". Huh? Why would that be protected information- who might be at risk?
This has happened to me, as well. Since I am a regular there and know pretty much all the employees, including all the managers; I asked them why this has happened. The answer is that the phone rings ONLY in the take-out side of the building, not at the hostess stand. And if they are busy in take-out (which recently has been up to an hour and a half wait), they can't go outside to check and even if the could, they can not determine the wait time since they are on the other side and not engaging with the seated restaurant area. They run it almost like a separate business. I hope this helps and clears things up a little.
Closed Thread

Tags
paisanos, called, phone, protected, seats

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.