Panda Express coming to Beaumont, 466A

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2023, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,737 Times in 1,556 Posts

Not one of my favorites, but that is just me. I wish them good luck.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:01 AM
Gold member

I've never been to Panda Express, but I will try this one once it has opened.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:28 AM
Veteran member

The only healthy options they have are the vegetables and brown rice.

But they do offer a great variety of entrees and it is a much better atmosphere than the nearby Chinese restaurants and you don't have to wait.

The only items that are "yucky" are the egg and spring rolls.
Old 06-15-2023, 11:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
You never know, could happen, just driving by the northern location it looks like he one off 441 does very well at that end of the villages. What is REALLY NEEDED is an additional Chick-fl-a. The lines JUST to get into the only villages location are really ridiculous; and it doesn't matter what time you go. Think it will thin down after prime lunch hour ? NO WAY, still at least 18 cars or more. Must say whoever manages it does a great job with what they are facing...at rush hour they will have several employees taking orders to the cars in the line, instead of making the entire line wait to get to the window one by one. Impressive, but, Villages could sure use another location and I doubt it would result in the location by Spanish Springs doing any less ? What think others ?`
The Chick-fil-A I used to go to in Tampa was the same way, busy at all times.

I went to the one in Wesley Chapel and it had the double drive thru like the one they are renovating here.
It only took me 5 minutes to get lunch.

They are the only fast food I will eat at. Definitely need another one and further South.
Old 06-16-2023, 05:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,635 Times in 1,354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterflower View Post
No more junk food. Open a greenhouse for healthy food.
You do realize the developers have multiple greenhouses on property, and now one can take a tour and buy their just plucked veggies. Or one can buy from the mobile units during high season, not sure if the B&M is still open in Brownwood
Old 06-16-2023, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,692 Times in 3,176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
You do realize the developers have multiple greenhouses on property, and now one can take a tour and buy their just plucked veggies. Or one can buy from the mobile units during high season, not sure if the B&M is still open in Brownwood
Not only is the produce store in Brownwood still open -

The Villages Grown (produce brand of The Villages) has put their products into Sprouts produce store, and I think I remember seeing some of it at Publix (I might be misremembering but I could've sworn there was a whole section for Villages Grown stuff).

We are also now allowed, by law, to grow our own veggies if we want to go that route. I grow my own oregano, basil, lemon-thyme, and lavender in pots in my flowerbeds. I know folks who grow their own rosemary, cabbage, and peppers in a neighborhood near Sumter.

Meanwhile, I'd never been to a Panda Express til we moved to The Villages. We didn't have one anywhere near us back north. Turns out I like their Sweetfire Chicken. The 2-entree plate is under $10, and it's enough food for leftovers for the next day. Good deal for tasty meal. Just ask them to toss in a couple extra cubes of pineapple when you place the order.
Old 06-16-2023, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,318 Times in 5,471 Posts

We prefer food made to order as opposed to something being made and sitting at steam table until a customer walks in the door.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

The Villages Grown (produce brand of The Villages) has put their products into Sprouts produce store, and I think I remember seeing some of it at Publix (I might be misremembering but I could've sworn there was a whole section for Villages Grown stuff).

The last time I was in the Winn-Dixie at LSL, they had a Villages Grown section in produce. I picked up a plastic clamshell of Bibb lettuce. It was heavier than I thought it would be. Bought it. I think it was $3. Took it home and found it to contain 2 heads of lettuce. They were great.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Well, you might think "yuck, " and someone else may be thinking "GREAT, we're going to get a Panda Express in our area ! Those who are so excited at the new business, probably think one might like very much, think "yuck, ". But why not welcome something for everyone, that's the way I choose to think of it... Just be happy for those who will enjoy it, and some folks who really want a job might get one. I rarely frequent any of them, but happy they are available in our community. My weakness... I wish we had our own Waffle House in the Villages, and some are probably reading this and thinking, YUCK, BARF.... dirty ol W.H., so someone is always going to be thrilled while others are unhappy...LOL !
/////: Deleted Post! Don't want to return to TOTV jail...

Last edited by I'm Popeye!; 06-16-2023 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:54 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Better than the so called authentic cuisine here.
Old 06-16-2023, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Wonderful, yet another junk food chain that won't be able to find employees...

Great planning Wildwood...
How is this Wildwood’s fault?
Old 06-16-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Not only is the produce store in Brownwood still open -

We are also now allowed, by law, to grow our own veggies if we want to go that route. I grow my own oregano, basil, lemon-thyme, and lavender in pots in my flowerbeds. I know folks who grow their own rosemary, cabbage, and peppers in a neighborhood near Sumter.

Meanwhile, I'd never been to a Panda Express til we moved to The Villages. We didn't have one anywhere near us back north. Turns out I like their Sweetfire Chicken. The 2-entree plate is under $10, and it's enough food for leftovers for the next day. Good deal for tasty meal. Just ask them to toss in a couple extra cubes of pineapple when you place the order.
Where is the produce store in Brownwood? The one next to Golf Central moved to Sawgrass.
Old 06-16-2023, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,692 Times in 3,176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mayes View Post
Where is the produce store in Brownwood? The one next to Golf Central moved to Sawgrass.
Huh that must've happened just in the past three months? I was at Brownwood for the Strawberry festival and it was there then.
Old 06-16-2023, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Huh that must've happened just in the past three months? I was at Brownwood for the Strawberry festival and it was there then.
I think it happened in ‘22 when Sawgrass opened up. I shop there every week or so.
Old 06-17-2023, 11:31 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,331 Times in 553 Posts
Default Learn something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorp View Post
Fact: Chick FIL A original chicken sandwich was sold in Waffle House restaurants before it became a restaurant on its own. Was more popular than the waffles. Had to be removed from the menu.
There you have it! I’ve learned something today. At some point in time, Chick Fil A chicken sandwich was sold in Waffle House. Who would have thought? TOTV is full of trivia information. Personally not a big chicken fan (goes back to my childhood) but I do like their chicken sandwich.

Tags
panda, express, beaumont, cr462, cr466a

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.