Perkins on 466 closed today

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2016, 04:20 PM
Veteran member
Default Perkins on 466 closed today

Went for regular Sunday Breakfast after Mass this morning and found out they were closing at 2PM.

Bummer, now have to go all the way up to 441 for Breakfast and 2 for 1 Wednesday dinners. Said it was Villages property and the rent was raised too much.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I know you didn't mean it the way it sounded and sorry you will be inconvienced, but what about the people who are now unemployed?
Old 10-23-2016, 04:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,542 Times in 1,926 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I know you didn't mean it the way it sounded and sorry you will be inconvienced, but what about the people who are now unemployed?
I agree.

Plus the company is struggling. See here;
Perkins Store Closing List - Bing

And if you ask an employee why? They will tell you their opinion.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-23-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian View Post
Went for regular Sunday Breakfast after Mass this morning and found out they were closing at 2PM.

Bummer, now have to go all the way up to 441 for Breakfast and 2 for 1 Wednesday dinners. Said it was Villages property and the rent was raised too much.
I don't believe it was a rent issue. Have gone there twice recently and twice left because NO ONE came to our table to serve us. Waited ten minutes both times. Servers just walked by !!!!!
Old 10-23-2016, 05:21 PM
Veteran member

someone on Facebook post indicated that the Villages was not the owner of the property but whoever is the owner raised the rent and would not budge on compromise. they thought the owner's already had another business to take over the space that was used by Perkins.. Who knows if that is true - just putting out the "info" I read on Facebook..
Old 10-23-2016, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,391 Posts

One should aleays be suspicious anytime they hear a business had problems staying solvent because the rent was raised.

Great cop out storuy that is usually never the real reason.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
I don't believe it was a rent issue. Have gone there twice recently and twice left because NO ONE came to our table to serve us. Waited ten minutes both times. Servers just walked by !!!!!
I'll bet they were trained by the bunch that runs the Perkins near Spanish Springs on Hy 27/441. They are really sloooow. We try them at least once a year and swear each time to never return. One time a wait-person took our order. When we inquired 30 minutes later about the delay in serving, we were told that she ended shift and went home. Apparently such is life at Perkins.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,542 Times in 1,926 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We think Bob Evans has a great breakfast....even have it for supper sometimes.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:02 PM
Platinum member

I am not a fan of breakfast places (Perkins, Bob Evans, Ihop, Cracker Barrel). Maybe because I am frugal. I just can't see paying over 5 bucks for 2 eggs, toast and hash browns when I can make it at home for less than a buck...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2016, 10:55 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 9922 View Post
I'll bet they were trained by the bunch that runs the Perkins near Spanish Springs on Hy 27/441. They are really sloooow. We try them at least once a year and swear each time to never return. One time a wait-person took our order. When we inquired 30 minutes later about the delay in serving, we were told that she ended shift and went home. Apparently such is life at Perkins.
Hoped the manager helped you with your complaint with the wait staff just walking out. Been there almost weekly for the last 4 years and never had a problem getting in and served immediately.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:38 AM

Perkins at Spanish Springs is one of our favorite restaurants. Go there almost every Sunday after church. Always order from the over 55 page on the back of the menu.

Rollie
Old 10-24-2016, 09:09 AM
Platinum member
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
I am not a fan of breakfast places (Perkins, Bob Evans, Ihop, Cracker Barrel). Maybe because I am frugal. I just can't see paying over 5 bucks for 2 eggs, toast and hash browns when I can make it at home for less than a buck...

I just like relaxing rather getting dressed and going out.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:06 AM
Send a message via AIM to jim1941

The parking lot is full of cars today at 10 am on Oct 24th. Maybe they were short of help and closed early yesterday.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
Our usual gang of wait staff and managers said they were all being transferred to 441 location. One hostess said she was going to Leesburg. But this Perkins was very friendly, only times we had to wait was when kitchen was slow and then we got free small versions of The Mammoth Muffins we go there for.

We had a Perkins where we used to live but the owner gave up franchise to save money, went down the tubes. Then a Bob Evan's took over the Friendly and started going there. This Bob Evans is packed and I have many 10% off coupons for Perkins.

Heard from manager it was Village property and rent went up to much.

It has been our tradition since we got married to go out for Sunday Breakfast after Mass.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post

Most places don't charge over $5.00 for 2 eggs, toast and hash browns. It's usually a special in most places that offer breakfast or in diners, and most people add to that with bacon, ham, grits, sausage, coffee, etc.

You probably aren't doing "your" breakfast for "less than a buck" either when you add the food, electric, gas, soap, water, etc. You really outta get out more and see how the other half lives. You might even enjoy yourself!

Tags
breakfast, rent, raised, much.boxing2boxing2, property

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.