Pizza

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Default Re: Pizza

Tony's Pizza seems like New York pizza to me. I had to fold my slice. That's New York style, right? They've been in business for 20 some years in Eustis, but recently opened up a Leesburg restaurant on 441, south of Leesburg, about 4 miles on the east side of the highway in a little strip mall. They also have a coconut encrusted chicken salad that is awesome, homemade garlic rolls and sticky cinamon rolls. I was very impressed and will be going back soon.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:18 PM

Paulie's pizza in Spanish Springs and Mulberry are QUITE different. The one in SS has decent NY style pizza, the pizzas in Mulberry are always burnt on top because they have lousy ovens and are worse than Domino's.

Little Joe's has good NY style pizza.

Bravo's has a decent pizza

Naples in Leesburg has great pizza

Goodfella's in Bellview is also very popular
Old 05-10-2008, 08:31 PM

What happened to Phil's near Bellview on 441? He had the BEST Pizza this side of Brooklyn and one day as I pulled into the lot a few months ago (salivating in anticipation) found the place closed!! This guy had a goldmine!
Old 05-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung
This thread is all over the map but since we're talking about Pizza on TOTV, I'm surpised that no one commented about Bravo Pizza in LSL. It's as good as any that we've had in NYC in the last twenty years. In my youth, we used to go out almost every Friday for pizza. Then a small pie was .90 and large pie was $1.20. Now we're looking at $3.50 a slice. The only thing that has enjoyed a similar cost increase is a college educaiton.
I think Bravo's is way overpriced. Went once and will never return.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
What happened to Phil's near Bellview on 441? He had the BEST Pizza this side of Brooklyn and one day as I pulled into the lot a few months ago (salivating in anticipation) found the place closed!! This guy had a goldmine!

I agree - Phil's was great.

The place was always full. Maybe Phil retired and closed the shop?

Belleview Pizza further North on the left is good too.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-13-2008, 05:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie
Dadspet,

Agreed, most pizza around here have far to go to compare to up north but........ Last night we did try Taki's pizza for the first time. We found it to be very good, not Binghamton Pizza but very good. Have you tried it yet?

Nonie:

I think you are a stockholder in Taki's!

We'll be back in October for a ten day stay and based on your recommendations I will check it out. Will try the Greek food.

Chuck
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I was hungry for a gyro and remembered seeing Taki's sign (Greek advertising) while shopping one day. I gave it a try and was very impressed with the restaurant. It was lunchtime and the place was packed. It also had a steady stream of take out customers. The gyro? Absolutely wonderful! I plan on going back.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:47 PM

Goodfellas in Bellview gets my vote. Good thin crust, just like NY/NJ pizza with an excellent sauce
Old 06-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Veteran member

I can see that no one here is from Detroit because no mention was made of Domino's and Little Ceasars pizza. (though I would be the first to admit that their pizzas aren't the best, just the cheapest!) But to be able to walk into a Little Ceasar's pizza place and plonk down five dollars and turn around and walk out with a large pepperoni pizza seconds later, there is nothing quite like that anywhere. GO REDWINGS!!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Sage

Yes Bright, Taki's is one of our favorite restaurants for Greek or Italian food. We love the food and the price is right, and on weekends they even have a piano player. Im glad you stumbled upon it.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

sschuler

We live north of Ann Arbor and I agree...Dominos and Little Caesar's are NOT the best! They are cheap but you get what you pay for.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:54 PM

Best Pizza is in BOSTON, MA! But close, here is Bellview Pizza on 441. But remember, they only take cash! :bigthumbsup: ;D
Old 06-05-2008, 11:52 PM

Living in the south all my life and loving pizza, can someone explain just what new york style pizza is? Is it different crust or type of sauce that makes it different.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:18 PM

Like to go on record that pizza hut pizza is an awful, probably just slightly better than frozen, no, I take that back it's the worst.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

inda...I don't agree

My favorite all time pizza is the Pizza Hut pan pizza...especially with everything on it! YUM!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.