R J Gator's - Lakeside dining ruined!

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2016, 06:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I was there last night about 6 PM there was NO music on outside or inside.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandG View Post
My husband and I have eaten here many times, and like to sit along the lake, where it was peaceful and we could watch the tourist boat come and go. About 6 months ago, they added an outdoor bar, and then added musical entertainment (a solo musician). We usually sit far from that, or have not been there during the music, so that was never a problem.

Last night we wanted to sit outside along the lake, and as we were shown our table, we couldn't hear ourselves think! They added several speakers outside along the lakeside seating, and the music volume was way too loud. We asked to speak to the manager, and she said they "had" to have the volume up for the bar area, because they have music at the bar. She said she would turn down the volume (but not off, because of the bar guests), and then they showed us to the table furthest from a speaker. It was still too loud! So, we ate inside where it was nice and quiet, but not the same atmosphere as eating along a lake.

I used my $10 credit for being a VIG (Very Important Gator) member. We will not be returning to this restaurant again. They have ruined the ambiance of casual dining along a lake!
SOMETHING AT GATORS IT has changed, it is really going downhill for us. Lately, noisy, and the food was really bad, wings are not good, fries are a bundle of grease. Somehow, you get points, but if you eat today, you do not get points,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Well? Goodbye Gators
Old 08-09-2016, 09:30 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
SOMETHING AT GATORS IT has changed, it is really going downhill for us. Lately, noisy, and the food was really bad, wings are not good, fries are a bundle of grease. Somehow, you get points, but if you eat today, you do not get points,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Well? Goodbye Gators
Not understanding your post. When do you not get points for eating there. I always get points. Never had that issue and we eat there quite often. We really like it.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:36 AM
Sage

To me, there is good tasting food and ambiance.

Since I first saw Lake Sumter I could not figure out why you build a beautiful lake and not have more restaurants taking advantage of the view. I was disappointed that Brownwood doesn't have water views.

I can always find something good on the menu but when I have a water view that's the center of my attention.

I enjoy all kinds of music and when there is music, that's the center of my attention.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,483 Times in 2,559 Posts

I just take my hearing aids out!
Old 08-09-2016, 02:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
To me, there is good tasting food and ambiance.

Since I first saw Lake Sumter I could not figure out why you build a beautiful lake and not have more restaurants taking advantage of the view. I was disappointed that Brownwood doesn't have water views.

I can always find something good on the menu but when I have a water view that's the center of my attention.

I enjoy all kinds of music and when there is music, that's the center of my attention.
Uh, do you really need to dis Brownwood for not having water views? I prefer to focus on Brownwood's excellent air conditioned real estate office.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Uh, do you really need to dis Brownwood for not having water views? I prefer to focus on Brownwood's excellent air conditioned real estate office.
The original plans for Brownwood had it located near the small lake which is now next to the Village of Lake Deaton neighborhood pool. Bad news for Brownwood but good stuff for Lake Deaton.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:24 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,784 Times in 521 Posts

yep.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	4206690.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	61321  
Old 08-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Is it the heat???? Bitch, Bitch, Bitch!! never heard so much complaining. These poor workers have to put up with so much S***.
If you don't like noise and they have entertainment....stay away. If you don't like smokers, stay away from patios that allow smoking.

Instead of complaining...why not just do a little research? Why complain just because life isn't rolling the way you want it to? Nobody is forcing you to go places that don't fit your lifestyle.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:28 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,322 Times in 548 Posts

OP, I understand your dilemma. We don't care for "loud" music while dinning either. The music was a change in atmosphere. That said, what is "loud" for one may not be "loud" for another.

I would give it another try and see if I get the same results. If so, I would move on----lots of different restaurants in The Villages. Something for everyone.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Gold member

Years ago, here in NC before they banned smoking inside bars and restaurants, we would always sit outside (weather permitting) to avoid the smoke. Then, some places decided to become non smoking and we would go and frequent them instead. Finally, they enacted the law and all the smokers moved outside of the places we liked to go to so we can no longer sit outside to enjoy ourselves, so we now always sit inside.When we visit TV, we always sit inside for the same reason. The same applies to music. If you like going to a certain place, find the area of the restaurant you are most comfortable and enjoy it or go elsewhere. Pretty simple really.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Veteran member

Welcome to our world. You cannot sit outside and enjoy the fresh air because it is filled with smoke. Bring a sweater or jacket and sit inside? Rats! At least they could designate an area for non-smokers so we could sit outside without being subjected to second hand smoke.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Businesses make decisions on how their bottom line is affected. A place like RJ Gators decides to have music because they believe that it will attract more people. As long as it attracts more people than it repels, it's a good business decision.

One person feels like their dining experience is ruined and hundreds of others enjoy having live music while they eat. I just noticed that Gator's Dockside in SS Town Square has live music outside. I don't think they've ever had it before.

If revenues are down, they're going to try something to get it back up. Maybe a few of their old customers won't like it, but if they're making more money, they've done the right thing.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Businesses make decisions on how their bottom line is affected..........If revenues are down, they're going to try something to get it back up. Maybe a few of their old customers won't like it, but if they're making more money, they've done the right thing.
Exactly.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:10 AM

The Villages (in my opinion) is the loudest most active retirement community in Florida. It is designed that way. The majority want it that way. That is why we moved here. There are hundreds of assisted living centers in Florida that are designed to keep things quiet. Maybe it's time for some to find a community that fits their belief of what a retirement coumunity should be,,,,BUT PLEASE STOP WHINNING ABOUT THE VILLAGES THAT SO MANY OF US LOVE JUST THE WAY IT IS.
Closed Thread

Tags
lake, bar, sit, music, added

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.