RJ Gators

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts
Default buggyone, I agree

The post is the first by him which always makes me a bit suspicious when it is a rant. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt in case the disability were psychiatric and perhaps produced paranoia or hallucinations and the posting represented his alternative reality.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Kinda bought into at least some of it. I couldn't imagine a server making the comments, so took that part with a large grain of salt but anything's possible today. However, it seemed to me to be an excuse to make comments that were reprehensible in my mind. Something tells me the expected response was not forthcoming since no one seemed to agree with much that was said.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Platinum member

I get bad service.............I stiff em on the tip. It's just that simple. They get the message. Likewise, I get good service I give 20% and if I get great service, even more.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:43 PM

we have been there many times, we sit at the bar. we have always had exceptional service and the food has been good. think about changing your seating.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael Furniture In House Repair View Post
watch out for the "grilled" wings. they are really deep fried , then grilled on the stove. same as kfc--they make yu think yer eating healthy. false advertising at best
They're wings ! They are never healthy, but they are good !!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:07 AM

Been to Gators many times and have never had any type of problem...Food has been good and never had any problems with any server.....She or he may have had a bad day , after all not all of you are happy cheery with sprinkles people everyday yourselves !

Old 10-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueandskip View Post
Been to Gators many times and have never had any type of problem...Food has been good and never had any problems with any server.....She or he may have had a bad day , after all not all of you are happy cheery with sprinkles people everyday yourselves !

If you have noticed, the poster with the waitress who criticized veterans, etc, was a first time poster with his rant and has not posted anything since his initial posting.

Definitely, this leads me to the conclusion it was a spoof and never happened. There are a couple of "Villages Hate Groups" on Facebook made up of unhappy employees who unfortunately cannot achieve our wonderful lifestyle and therefore bash us. Instead of fueling their fires, we should just ignore such rants if it is a first post.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
If you have noticed, the poster with the waitress who criticized veterans, etc, was a first time poster with his rant and has not posted anything since his initial posting.

Definitely, this leads me to the conclusion it was a spoof and never happened. There are a couple of "Villages Hate Groups" on Facebook made up of unhappy employees who unfortunately cannot achieve our wonderful lifestyle and therefore bash us. Instead of fueling their fires, we should just ignore such rants if it is a first post.
It would take a real low-life to pose as a disabled Vet. However, you'd think that he would stick around for the discussion.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:56 AM
Default Food 2/10, Service 0/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
My wife and I ate at RJGators this afternoon. On a scale of 1-10 the food was a 10. The service (the waitress) a ZERO. Attitude city. She never came by to see how food was and I could never order another soda. When it was time to leave I had to hunt her down for the check. She stood over us as she waited for the money instead of leaving us alone. I tried to leave a complaint on Gators webpage, but there was no Contact Us menu. If I had to do it again I would have asked for the manager. People like this should not be serving tables. I may call tomorrow and ask for the manager.
Very similar experience except my food was awful, wife's food was pretty good.
Just the opposite from what we previously experienced. I did complain online and received a phone call from some executive who apologized and offered a free meal next time we came in. I turned down the free meal and told him that my reason for complaining was not to get a free meal but to make this the place it had previously been. Have been back and the waiter is no longer with them and both food and service has been fine.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.