Rusty Duck getting rusty????

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister
Default Rusty Duck getting rusty????

First time at Rusty Duck was a magnificent experience. Had the queen cut prime rib and it was delicious, tender and enough to take some home. Service was impeccable. Three courses with time in between to socialize with your friends....just great. Owner sent time with us and told us how she got the restaurant started....personable lady.

Last time.....different story. Ordered the queen cut prime rib again, but this time they must have brought me a end-cut. Crusty exterior and interior so tough that I had serious difficulty cutting it with the serrated knife and was near impossible to chew and was tasteless. Brought this to the waiters' attention and told him I didn't want a free meal, but he should let the owner know so she could have a word with her meat supplier.....must have been a bad approach on my part. The owner was not there and the waiter told the chef.....duh????? The waiter made no apology, suggestion for another or something else and did not even reduce the bill much less remove the entre altogether. Not good.

Afterwards, I learned that a friend had similiar experience....his food came cold, the had it returned for another hot entre and then saw his original order (he had cut into it) served to another table. Owner came out and was not at all polite.

Maybe we'll try again, but then again.....it's an hour or more drive from The Villages....may we won't try again.

Too bad....alas and alack.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:53 PM

Try Alfies. North of The Villages on route 25 about 17 miles. Monday night special is 24 oz prime rib for 2--$30. As good as the Rusty Duck or better.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:32 AM

we had a terrible dinner at the Musty Duck as well...ordered the prime rib, because it was highly recommended by friends who had been there before...the meat was more than half fat...the waiter was horribly rude and the place smelled very musty...we will never waste our time or money going there again....
Old 04-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Eternal Member

We had a bunch go to Alfies last night . Hubby got the Prime rib special for 2 which was all for him cause I'm not a prime rib lover. It's 32 oz and comes with 4 sides. he loved it !!!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
We had a bunch go to Alfies last night . Hubby got the Prime rib special for 2 which was all for him cause I'm not a prime rib lover. It's 32 oz and comes with 4 sides. he loved it !!!
I maybe shouldn't let the secret out but Alfies has one of the best breakfasts in central Fla. I've been going there for almost 3 years and next to Reds (another secret) it can't be beat.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.