Texas stockyards BBQ

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Default Texas stockyards BBQ

Just had delicious BBQ at Texas Stockyards BBQ ON 441 just south of 466. Wonderful! Such a great to get real BBQ brisket! We all agreed it is better than Oakwood! But we are from Texas😄
Old 12-31-2012, 04:07 PM

Always had very good food and service there. Wish they had a milder version of the baked beans.

Happy New Year!

Old 01-01-2013, 07:26 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,149 Times in 1,232 Posts

The Brisket is great. Best I have had since Corpus Christi Texas. I also go there on sunday mornings for there Taquitos. They are the best. Try a sausage, egg, and cheese taquito. They are great. I agree best barbeque around.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:34 AM

We agree! By far the best BBQ we have found in/close to The Villages.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salferg View Post
Just had delicious BBQ at Texas Stockyards BBQ ON 441 just south of 466. Wonderful! Such a great to get real BBQ brisket! We all agreed it is better than Oakwood! But we are from Texas😄
I agree. As a fellow Texan, it is the best! Don't much care for their sauce though. Just my personal preference.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemorkam View Post
The Brisket is great. Best I have had since Corpus Christi Texas. I also go there on sunday mornings for there Taquitos. They are the best. Try a sausage, egg, and cheese taquito. They are great. I agree best barbeque around.
The best taquitos I ever had were at a little hole in the wall place near NAS Corpus Christi where I was stationed. My husband a native Texan and I look forward to trying Texas Stockyards BBQ.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,149 Times in 1,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halle View Post
The best taquitos I ever had were at a little hole in the wall place near NAS Corpus Christi where I was stationed. My husband a native Texan and I look forward to trying Texas Stockyards BBQ.
That little hole in the wall near NAS Corpus Christi is the place I had them.
On the road to the main gate on the left hand side
Old 01-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

I've heard good things about this BBQ on this forum, but it seems every time we've drived by it that there are few cars in the parking lot (could just be our timing for all I know) and the place looks pretty dinky. That smallness gives me concern because I use a mobility scooter. Most places we've been into so far I haven't had any real problems, but there are some where the space needed to manuver the scooter and pull up to the table is insufficient, especially if there are a lot of diners present. I tried to find any online pictures from the inside of TSBBQ, but found none that would be helpful in my getting an idea how the space situation is. Would anyone who has been there care to offer some advice about this? Thanks!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I thought it was a dumpy little place and the food was fair at best.

I think that Sonny's is as good as it gets here. I know, it's a chain, but that doesn't make it bad.

And yes, I'm from Boston, but I have eaten BBQ in Texas as well as in Kansas City.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:38 PM

My favorite BBQ place. Try the turkey!!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 PM

There is plenty of room to maneuver your scooter! It is very clean...try it, you'll like it!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by salferg View Post
There is plenty of room to maneuver your scooter! It is very clean...try it, you'll like it!
TY!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-20-2013, 03:00 PM

As a fellow Texas, we thought the food was good but the service was the worst we have encountered near The Villages. We had horrible experiences with 2 different groups who went there. We won't EVER go there again.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:51 PM

We love their food and their service, have eaten there several times. They make their own baked goods and the mac and cheese is exactly the way I like mine. I had their prime rib and the smoke on it was wonderful. And we love their Tex-Mex weekend breakfasts, the 1st place I've been able to get Hueavos Rancheros since I've been here. They were out of most things the last time I visited. I'll wait until after busy season to go again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.