White Castle

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2015, 12:21 PM
Sage

I use to collect bottles too, 2 cents for the little one and 5 for the big. I use to feel sorry for the deli store owner who had to stop what he was doing just to hand me over 16 cents. I also felt sorry for the candy store owner who sold penny candy, and I got 16 pieces to pick out after a couple hours work of looking for bottles at the construction sites.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:41 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

The frozen white castles are handy to have when you're busy or in a hurry. I prefer the fresh ones.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

They are actually pretty easy to make at home.

1 pound ground beef
8 hot-dog buns or 16 hamburger buns
1/2 medium onion
salt to taste
pepper to taste
American cheese (optional)
pickle slices (optional)

1. Prepare the beef ahead of time by separating into sixteen 1-ounce portions and flattening each on wax paper into very thin square patties, about 2 1/2 inches on a side. Using a small circular object like the tip of a pen cap, make five small, evenly spaced holes in each patty. You can freeze these before cooking for ease of handling or cook fresh.

2. Using hot dog bun's, cut off the ends and slice in half then split. Using hamburger buns, cut each down to about a 2 1/2-inch square. If you can find slider buns, those work well also.

3. Slice the onion into match-size pieces.

4. Grill the faces of the buns in a large pan over medium heat.

5. In the hot pan, spread out tablespoon-size piles of onions 3 inches apart. Salt and pepper each pile of onions.

6. On each pile of onions place a beef patty. You may have to spread the onions out some so that the hamburger patty lies flat. Salt each patty as it cooks.

7. Cook each burger for 4 to 5 minutes on the onions. If you made the burgers thin enough, the holes will ensure that each patty is cooked thoroughly without flipping them over.

8. Assemble by sandwiching the patty and onions between each grilled bun.

Makes 16 burgers.

If you want to add pickle slices to your burger, as you can at White Castle outlets, stack them on top of the grilled onions. I like to use the thin sliced dills. I also like to add a bit of water and cover the pan so the burger streams for a few minutes once about half cooked. Makes them extra moist.

For a cheeseburger, you'll have to cut a slice of American cheese to the same size as your burger, and then it goes on top of the onions, under the pickles, if you use pickles.

And these taste exactly like the reaL THING.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarotJames View Post
Krystal's in Leesburg & Ocala are similar, but not a real White Castle!
no, they are better. I would rather see In and Out come to Florida. I was on a school trip in Nashville and raved about white castle to my group, we went and what a disappointment....Krystals any day of the week
Old 01-30-2015, 01:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post

1 pound ground beef
1/2 medium onion
salt to taste
pepper to taste
pickle slices (optional)

1. Prepare the beef ahead of time by separating into sixteen 1-ounce portions and flattening each on wax paper into very thin square patties, about 2 1/2 inches on a side. Using a small circular object like the tip of a pen cap, make five small, evenly spaced holes in each patty. You can freeze these before cooking for ease of handling or cook fresh.

2. Using hot dog bun's, cut off the ends and slice in half then split. Using hamburger buns, cut each down to about a 2 1/2-inch square. If you can find slider buns, those work well also.

5. In the hot pan, spread out tablespoon-size piles of onions 3 inches apart. Salt and pepper each pile of onions.

6. On each pile of onions place a beef patty. You may have to spread the onions out some so that the hamburger patty lies flat. Salt each patty as it cooks.

7. Cook each burger for 4 to 5 minutes on the onions. If you made the burgers thin enough, the holes will ensure that each patty is cooked thoroughly without flipping them over.

Makes 16 burgers.

If you want to add pickle slices to your burger, as you can at White Castle outlets, stack them on top of the grilled onions. I like to use the thin sliced dills. I also like to add a bit of water and cover the pan so the burger streams for a few minutes once about half cooked. Makes them extra moist.

For a cheeseburger, you'll have to cut a slice of American cheese to the same size as your burger, and then it goes on top of the onions, under the pickles, if you use pickles.

thank-you very much
i enjoy cooking and looking up recipes and it never occurred to me to look for a WC one. and if you figured it out yourself,,,well done.

16 burgers to a pound, imagine that.

do you get 85% lean? i can't imagine WC buys the extra lean. do you think you would get the same results with a 2 ounce patty that was just as thin? so you wouldn't need to fiddle with the buns.

instead of using a pen to make the holes i'll use a small plastic funnel. it's easy to hold upside down, the meat can get pushed out and will be easy to clean.

good hamburgers are not packed tightly but i wonder if these would need to be packed tightly. i might use a rolling pin.

Last edited by tomwed; 01-30-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,811 Times in 457 Posts

In a related story:

Las Vegas water officials are at a loss to explain the sudden increase in water usage in their city. Throckmorton Gildersleeve, an official with the water department, believes that there were an usual number of additional toilet flushings in an area centered around the Strip. Public Health officials are investigating.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:26 PM

I buy the frozen white castle all the time. At 9pm they are pretty good. Microwave for 60 sec. add mustard.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post

1 pound ground beef
1/2 medium onion
salt to taste
pepper to taste
pickle slices (optional)

Makes 16 burgers.

good, but no ambiance,sigh!
Old 01-30-2015, 07:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
good, but no ambiance,sigh!
That's true. But couldn't you make a bag full, bring them to a Waffle House, order a soda and eat them?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.