Great evening at Spanish Springs

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2014, 09:33 PM
Sage
Default Great evening at Spanish Springs

Mrs. Buggy and I enjoyed an evening at Spanish Springs tonight. Yesterdayz (a '60's band) was playing and it was a beautiful night. We found chairs with no problem at the square. Had a big glass of wine each from the beverage stands and enjoyed a couple sets of music.

Afterward, we strolled over to Luigino's outdoor bar and enjoyed a couple of drinks. I had Coors Light and the MRS. had a Cinnabon White Russian which was one of their drink specials. We each enjoyed a couple of sliders of Chicken Parm, Sausage & Peppers, and Meatball & Cheese. Lexi, the bartender, is very efficient - and very easy on the eyes!

The golf cart ride on the El Camino trail sure beat driving in rush hour traffic in the Washington DC 'burbs any day of the week.

Another wonderful day in The Villages!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Gold member

Sounds like a wonderful evening!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

What a lovely description of a beautiful evening.

My pickleball buddy and I played from 3 to 5 today. It was the absolute perfect day--sunshine, dry, mild temps, lovely breeze. What a gorgeous day!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Thanks

...such a good and positive post. It shows a content and happy heart.

As I sit in all of this snow and cold up north and then read of all the negative posts, it is easy to assume that everyone is unhappy with paradise and yet I know most everyone is really enjoying themselves ....and just TOTV when they have a disappointment which is not the norm for them.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
...such a good and positive post. It shows a content and happy heart.

As I sit in all of this snow and cold up north and then read of all the negative posts, it is easy to assume that everyone is unhappy with paradise and yet I know most everyone is really enjoying themselves ....and just TOTV when they have a disappointment which is not the norm for them.
You hit the nail on the head, ssmith.

Hope your spring is right around the corner.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:02 AM
Sage
Default New Sunday tradition

That does sound very relaxing and fun. This past Sunday my husband and I decided to take a little picnic lunch and find a bench we like along a cart path, near a golf course or by a "lake". The weather was beautiful and we chose a bench in the sun overlooking a golf course and close to a cart path (not hard to find!). We sat and ate our lunch and watched the carts go by as we waved to them and they waved back and they smiled as they saw us enjoying our lunch on the bench. It was so nice and peaceful. We decided that we would start a tradition and pick a different bench each Sunday and have lunch. Of course with warmer weather approaching we will have the task of finding a bench in the shade. We just love it here.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Good times to remember

Happinow and the rest of you....those are the times to remember. The ones where you just drink it all in. Enjoy!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Veteran member

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your awesome evening. I can't tell you how nice it is to hear sitting here in snow and freezing rain.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.