Water restrictions Water restrictions - Talk of The Villages Florida

Water restrictions

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-24-2026, 10:41 AM
kcrazorbackfan's Avatar
kcrazorbackfan kcrazorbackfan is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 3,800
Thanks: 270
Thanked 1,801 Times in 621 Posts
Default Water restrictions

So, now it’s been extended through March 31, 2027. 🤔
__________________
If you see something that’s not right, say something.
  #2  
Old 09-25-2026, 07:48 AM
hampton hampton is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Hampshire, The Villages
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 82 Times in 13 Posts
Cool Restrictions

They are continuing water restrictions but they continue to build more houses and apartments.
  #3  
Old 09-25-2026, 08:00 AM
RedChariot RedChariot is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 728
Thanks: 1,212
Thanked 431 Times in 138 Posts
Default

We are about to enter the dry season. Once a week watering will not sustain my lawn. So am I expected to pick up the tab if grass dies and re sod? Such an extensive time frame is going to affect everyone's property.
__________________
Forgive My Edge-I'm from New Jersey.
  #4  
Old 09-25-2026, 08:20 AM
tophcfa's Avatar
tophcfa tophcfa is online now
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 8,947
Thanks: 4,359
Thanked 12,700 Times in 4,170 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampton View Post
They are continuing water restrictions but they continue to build more houses and apartments.
Why not throw in a water bottling company and data center for good measure?
  #5  
Old 09-25-2026, 09:43 AM
Pondboy Pondboy is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Hammock @ Fenney
Posts: 518
Thanks: 70
Thanked 640 Times in 265 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
We are about to enter the dry season. Once a week watering will not sustain my lawn. So am I expected to pick up the tab if grass dies and re sod? Such an extensive time frame is going to affect everyone's property.
It hasn’t actually been a wet summer…..


They are calling for a wetter winter here in FL due to El Niño. So no worries at this point.

We are actually in a once per week watering restriction….
  #6  
Old 09-25-2026, 10:05 AM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 20,092
Thanks: 16
Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,862 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampton View Post
They are continuing water restrictions but they continue to build more houses and apartments.
Different “they’s”.
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #7  
Old 09-25-2026, 12:25 PM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is online now
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 20,071
Thanks: 3,620
Thanked 18,634 Times in 7,562 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
We are about to enter the dry season. Once a week watering will not sustain my lawn. So am I expected to pick up the tab if grass dies and re sod? Such an extensive time frame is going to affect everyone's property.
I have never seen grass die from not being watered, and many houses in the north area do not even have an irrigation system at all.
  #8  
Old 09-25-2026, 07:20 PM
ThirdOfFive ThirdOfFive is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 4,166
Thanks: 761
Thanked 6,261 Times in 2,209 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
We are about to enter the dry season. Once a week watering will not sustain my lawn. So am I expected to pick up the tab if grass dies and re sod? Such an extensive time frame is going to affect everyone's property.
The answer is and always has been...powdered water. Not well known due to the ceaseless efforts of the water companies to keep it from public knowledge so that they can keep on selling fully hydrated water to unknowing and unsuspecting consumers.But at less than 1.5% of the weight of actual water it ships easily and quickly, stores well (as long as you order the thermo-boxes to shield it from unnecessary humidity which can have detrimental effects) and keeps nearly forever. Translates well into lawn usage too: sprinkling about 3 lbs per thousand sq. ft. of lawn at dusk guarantees that even a moderate dew will cause gradual hydration overnight, giving the lawn a slow soak which is ideal for keeping lawns green.

Powdered water's companion product, HydraSlush, is overhyped and quite messy to work with. Plus, not nearly as economical. I'd advise not to be tempted by the lower price. Not worth the hassle.
  #9  
Old 09-26-2026, 10:34 AM
jrref jrref is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Osceola Hills, The Villages
Posts: 2,269
Thanks: 631
Thanked 1,220 Times in 702 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have never seen grass die from not being watered, and many houses in the north area do not even have an irrigation system at all.
Right, I never water my lawn, turned off the irrigation controller when I moved in and my lawn is always nice and green. No fertilizer or weed killer ever needed.
  #10  
Old 09-26-2026, 02:58 PM
WiserBud WiserBud is offline
Newbie
Join Date: May 2026
Posts: 33
Thanks: 34
Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Default Ignore the water restrictions

Ignore the water restrictions, I do. It’s a lot cheaper than paying for a sod job.
__________________
New Rochelle
Victor
Norwalk
Yonkers
  #11  
Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM
mikeltry mikeltry is offline
Newbie
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 30
Thanks: 5
Thanked 25 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
So, now it’s been extended through March 31, 2027. 🤔
I spray Hydretain on the lawn. It's a safe chemical that retains moisture which allows for less watering. It can be purchased on Amazon and one treatment should last 90 days. I spray it every 60 days.
  #12  
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM
LenoxHillLil LenoxHillLil is offline
Newbie
Join Date: Jul 2026
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have never seen grass die from not being watered, and many houses in the north area do not even have an irrigation system at all.

I've heard that about half the homes north of 466 do not have sprinklers because they were not installed when the homes were built. I believe the grass is still green up there.
  #13  
Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is online now
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 20,071
Thanks: 3,620
Thanked 18,634 Times in 7,562 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenoxHillLil View Post
I've heard that about half the homes north of 466 do not have sprinklers because they were not installed when the homes were built. I believe the grass is still green up there.
I would add that many of the homeowners there are in their 80's and 90's, and they never water their lawns.
  #14  
Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM
Nana2Teddy Nana2Teddy is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: DeLuna
Posts: 1,066
Thanks: 1,014
Thanked 398 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
Right, I never water my lawn, turned off the irrigation controller when I moved in and my lawn is always nice and green. No fertilizer or weed killer ever needed.
Seriously?
  #15  
Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM
Mrfriendly Mrfriendly is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 407
Thanks: 221
Thanked 227 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
We are about to enter the dry season. Once a week watering will not sustain my lawn. So am I expected to pick up the tab if grass dies and re sod? Such an extensive time frame is going to affect everyone's property.
Try hand watering. Good way to enjoy a cigar at same time.
__________________
Bill
NJ Shore (Exit 98)
Reply

Tags
water, restrictions, it’s, extended, march


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.