Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
|
|
#3
|
||
|
||
|
We are about to enter the dry season. Once a week watering will not sustain my lawn. So am I expected to pick up the tab if grass dies and re sod? Such an extensive time frame is going to affect everyone's property.
__________________
Forgive My Edge-I'm from New Jersey.
|
|
#4
|
||
|
||
|
Why not throw in a water bottling company and data center for good measure?
|
|
#5
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
They are calling for a wetter winter here in FL due to El Niño. So no worries at this point. We are actually in a once per week watering restriction…. |
|
#6
|
||
|
||
|
Different “they’s”.
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell. “Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain |
|
#7
|
||
|
||
|
I have never seen grass die from not being watered, and many houses in the north area do not even have an irrigation system at all.
|
|
#8
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
Powdered water's companion product, HydraSlush, is overhyped and quite messy to work with. Plus, not nearly as economical. I'd advise not to be tempted by the lower price. Not worth the hassle. |
|
#9
|
||
|
||
|
Right, I never water my lawn, turned off the irrigation controller when I moved in and my lawn is always nice and green. No fertilizer or weed killer ever needed.
|
|
#11
|
||
|
||
|
I spray Hydretain on the lawn. It's a safe chemical that retains moisture which allows for less watering. It can be purchased on Amazon and one treatment should last 90 days. I spray it every 60 days.
|
|
#12
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
I've heard that about half the homes north of 466 do not have sprinklers because they were not installed when the homes were built. I believe the grass is still green up there. |
|
#13
|
||
|
||
|
I would add that many of the homeowners there are in their 80's and 90's, and they never water their lawns.
|
|
#14
|
||
|
||
|
Seriously?
|
|
#15
|
||
|
||
|
Try hand watering. Good way to enjoy a cigar at same time.
__________________
Bill NJ Shore (Exit 98) |
| Reply |
|
|
|