Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
#1
|
||
|
||
|
Any word on the future of the Fenney Grill? It was an important part of the Fenney community and is dearly missed. I am praying that it does not go the way of the Barnstorm Theater..
|
|
|
|
#2
|
||
|
||
|
We feel the same way about the Tierra Del Sol bar and grill in our neck of the bubble
|
|
#4
|
||
|
||
|
I will wager that those two restaurants were not cash flowing. Why continue operating a business at a loss. Belle Glade has changed their menu and is offering only inexpensive ingredients. Or should I say lower cost meals with cheaper ingredients? The only way we will get the real answer is if someone interviews the departed owners that leased the restaurants from the developer.
|
|
#6
|
||
|
||
|
Fenny was initially developer, the manager signed a lease. Second manager then signed a new agreement.
__________________
Do not worry about things you can not change
|
|
#9
|
||
|
||
|
The Developer owns both spaces. The Developer leases the space to a restaurant operator. Only the operators can tell you why they left. FMK is the operator for Belle Glade. It appears FMK, at least to me, is under financial stress at Belle Glade. Or, they made a mistake changing the menu. Maybe the snowbirds will bail them out for a few months.
|
|
#10
|
||
|
||
|
One difference I have noticed in 20 years, far less eating out frequently. Traveling out of the bubble or cooking at home seems to be a preference, instead of eating mediocre food as higher prices. We travel weekly to dine on excellent food, as do other TV residents that are happy to spend $$$ on a dining experience
__________________
Do not worry about things you can not change
Last edited by asianthree; Yesterday at 06:10 PM. |
|
#11
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
__________________
I wish I knew what I don’t know. |
|
#12
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
The restaurant business is TV is very challenging. Villagers in general, aren't "spenders". People come in and sit at tables for 2 hours and most everyone is home by 7-8 pm. Restaurants don't get enough turn. FMK & the Suleiman family have figured out a way to get by, but not many others seem to be able to do it. No one seems to be standing in line to lease the old Sonny's, which is a high profile location. |
|
#13
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
|
#14
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
__________________
I will say the things that others are probably thinking but afraid to say. |
|
#15
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
Unfortunately, some don't have an option. |
| Reply |
|
|
|