Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
#16
|
||
|
||
|
For what you get it’s too expensive! And there is a reason its too expensive and things won’t get better until this changes. We go to a lot of places that have great food at corresponding prices and they are always packed, summer or winter.
|
|
|
|
#17
|
||
|
||
|
Not Fenny. Sold it to the mgr about 2 years ago...who was NOT a businessman. Hence, out of business.
__________________
DEF |
|
#18
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
__________________
DEF |
|
#19
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
I think...my opinion...is also that current restaurant operators are preferring to invest in new territory and a younger crowd and would need incentives to open a business in the northern areas of TV...but that's just me thinking that...no real proof. |
|
#20
|
||
|
||
|
No “proof” here either but a couple of employees mentioned that The Natives (formerly Harry and The Natives) were considering taking over Fenney Grill.
So far, there has been no buzz about that at all…. |
|
#21
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
I suspect the Developer would over some renovation allowance to a potential tenant, but apparently none have stepped up yet. I've met the former General Manager of Tierra's restaurant and I'd be shocked if he knew the facts of what occurred. |
|
#22
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
Also, Prima restaurant just gutted their VIP card. It was $20 off an entree for each $200 spent. Now it’s $20 off for every 10 VISITS with a minimum $20 meal. Do the math. If you spend $75 per visit for ten visits, you now will have spent $750 for $20 off. Adios, Prima! |
|
#23
|
||
|
||
|
The main reason for high prices is fuel costs. Prices of everything will be coming way down after November when gas and diesel return to normal. This has all been well-thought out.
|
|
#25
|
||
|
||
|
OMG!!! I seriously hope you’re being sarcastic….you can’t really believe prices will nosedive anytime soon.
|
|
#26
|
||
|
||
|
My experience is they go up quickly and easily, coming down is very slow and doubtful.
__________________
I've got a pool. I've got a pond. Pond's good for you... |
|
#27
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
I was in my own business. Some have no idea what it is. Dealing with customers. Laughing a bit. I had the customer from HELL. That is, well normal in business. People are people. He called me recently about 10 PM SCREAMING about something-typical for him. On and on when he stopped for air. I told him I retired TEN YEARS AGO. Reminded me why I shutdown. No one works as hard for an employer as the employer needs to. Water cooler gossip. If, you complain about the boss you are talking to yourself. |
|
#29
|
||
|
||
|
The theater closed and apparently golfers weren’t enough to keep Tierra del Sol restaurant going. The same group also ran Fenney. Just not profitable enough for the operator.
__________________
American by birth. Southern by the grace of God. |
|
#30
|
||
|
||
|
I think I know where you got this information.
|
| Reply |
|
|
|