Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
#1
|
||
|
||
|
Any owners of Atomic Coupes (CHOK), Winks or similar enclosed carts willing to share how much you’re paying annually for insurance and which company you’re using? Do you have a regular golf cart policy, an LSV policy or something else?
|
|
|
|
#2
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
There would be nothing "else" regarding insurance. If it's set as a golf cart, it doesn't require insurance - however if you wanted insurance, it'd be golf cart insurance. If you have it set as an LSV, you're required to have it insured as such. Insurance on an LSV is not optional in Florida, it's mandatory. |
|
#3
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
|
#4
|
||
|
||
|
So when I was switching to an electric vehicle I contacted my insurance company using a VIN for a used car I was looking to purchase to determine the actual insurance cost for me (not speculating). Most golf carts posts I have seen say they are paying ~$100-$150 (high range) for regular cart insurance I pay just under $100. If it’s a unique cart I would contact a broker like the Baldwin group to broker out an estimate for you like I did my car. As the above response said an LSV is like a vehicle and may require special insurance based on your record and any bundling. My two cents
__________________
I will say the things that others are probably thinking but afraid to say. |
|
#5
|
||
|
||
|
No idea. I don't have an electric vehicle. I have a 2016 gas-powered Club Car. It's less than $100/year for the optional insurance for it, collision & comp.
I found out about the Atomic by looking it up and checking their website, and then double-checking the Florida government website regarding golf carts, lsvs, and insurance. |
|
#6
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
If you don’t have experience insuring an Atomic, CHOK, Wink or similar cart, I don’t see how you can add much value to this thread. |
|
#7
|
||
|
||
|
My ‘24 gas Yamaha full coverage is $80 a year, plus an additional $10 for towing. Thru Progressive.
Last I heard, that’s well below what TV’s tow service charges annually for their privilege of possibly towing you. |
|
#8
|
||
|
||
|
2023 Atomic Coupe
A bit over $100 per year with State Farm for a typical golf cart policy (liability, property damage, medical, physical damage, etc.) Quote:
|
|
#9
|
||
|
||
|
2025 Atomic Coupe LSV registration with Florida. Insurance $150 annual. Full insurance is required by law.
|
|
#11
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
LSVs must have LSV insurance. Golf cars that are not LSVs MAY have golf cart insurance, but aren't required to have it. You don't need to be an owner of an LSV, to figure out how to look up the laws regarding LSVs and insurance "types." |
|
#12
|
||
|
||
|
QUOTE LSVs must have LSV insurance. Golf cars that are not LSVs MAY have golf cart insurance, but aren't required to have it. QUOTE
Gotta say...just because you aren't required to have insurance does not mean it's a good idea to not have it. |
|
#13
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
I have insurance on my golf cart, I agree that it'd be nuts to NOT have it, in this community. But it's not required, it's an option. Furthermore, it's not an option on LSVs, since LSVs are required to get LSV insurance, not golf cart insurance. |
|
#14
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
One last HUH My wife noticed it. Both of our licenses say SAFE DRIVER. Her's does not -more experience with accidents then we have? |
|
#15
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
| Reply |
|
|
|