Happy New Year Singles!

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-01-2020, 02:32 PM
Original Topic
chachacha's Avatar
chachacha chachacha is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hemingway
Posts: 2,566
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Happy New Year Singles!

a good time was had by all at last night's party at Maybe's home, but the subject came up of why the Unclub is no longer operating. The problem was that our email list became too unwieldy and Katie Rogers could not get the emails out to the entire group. Someone mentioned the App Meet Up where there is no limit to contacts but there is a fee to the organizer, nominal but still a fee. How many would be interested in supporting this? It basically puts out a message of when and where people are doing any activity and the receivers can decide whether they want to participate. But some payment would have to be made to Katie, very small, to be made a contact. What do you think? I was doing this here on TOTV for years but everyone got spoiled with the email list and grew dependent on that!
__________________
happiness is to joy as a light bulb is to the sun!
  #2  
Old 01-01-2020, 03:58 PM
Northerner52 Northerner52 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Villages
Posts: 299
Thanks: 32
Thanked 34 Times in 15 Posts
Default

THe HOA-Express system is better. Meetup is not private all kinds of people outside he Villages would be wanting to join.
  #3  
Old 01-01-2020, 03:59 PM
Northerner52 Northerner52 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Villages
Posts: 299
Thanks: 32
Thanked 34 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Perhaps a Facebook Group would be better. Its free
  #4  
Old 01-03-2020, 09:54 PM
chachacha's Avatar
chachacha chachacha is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hemingway
Posts: 2,566
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
THe HOA-Express system is better. Meetup is not private all kinds of people outside he Villages would be wanting to join.
The Unclub was always open to all, but if we had events at rec centers then non-Villagers of course could not come. We wanted to reach those who would be moving here and needing to meet single friends, and we helped many newbies by hosting Meet and Greets which they heard about even before moving here. So privacy is not an asset in this kind of endeavor. But thanks for the heads up!
__________________
happiness is to joy as a light bulb is to the sun!
  #5  
Old 01-04-2020, 09:34 AM
Madelaine Amee's Avatar
Madelaine Amee Madelaine Amee is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Villages North
Posts: 3,607
Thanks: 170
Thanked 103 Times in 57 Posts
Default

No, I am not a single but I have followed chachacha and her kindness for years. So, what about SnapChat or TeamSnap or whatever it is called for your Singles Unclub. My other half is part of a huge group of club members that use Team Snap to send out all notifications, it also has a roster of all members names, telephone numbers, email address, you name it. You would need someone who is computer literate to set it up.
__________________
A people free to choose will always choose peace.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  #6  
Old 01-05-2020, 04:10 PM
chachacha's Avatar
chachacha chachacha is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hemingway
Posts: 2,566
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
No, I am not a single but I have followed chachacha and her kindness for years. So, what about SnapChat or TeamSnap or whatever it is called for your Singles Unclub. My other half is part of a huge group of club members that use Team Snap to send out all notifications, it also has a roster of all members names, telephone numbers, email address, you name it. You would need someone who is computer literate to set it up.
thanks for that great advice...finding someone to take on the computer stuff might be possible...but that's not me Actually, as you say I have been at this for years and have dozens of great friends and I strongly feel a younger newbie should take on this task to welcome the younger singles who are now moving in. But no one has come forward! If people write to me I still try to help and enjoy it.
__________________
happiness is to joy as a light bulb is to the sun!
  #7  
Old 01-05-2020, 09:37 PM
paulat585 paulat585 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 134
Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
a good time was had by all at last night's party at Maybe's home, but the subject came up of why the Unclub is no longer operating. The problem was that our email list became too unwieldy and Katie Rogers could not get the emails out to the entire group. Someone mentioned the App Meet Up where there is no limit to contacts but there is a fee to the organizer, nominal but still a fee. How many would be interested in supporting this? It basically puts out a message of when and where people are doing any activity and the receivers can decide whether they want to participate. But some payment would have to be made to Katie, very small, to be made a contact. What do you think? I was doing this here on TOTV for years but everyone got spoiled with the email list and grew dependent on that!
You can do this for free on Mailchimp.com--up to 1K emails
__________________
Paulat585

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
  #8  
Old 01-07-2020, 09:08 PM
chachacha's Avatar
chachacha chachacha is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hemingway
Posts: 2,566
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulat585 View Post
You can do this for free on Mailchimp.com--up to 1K emails
thank you for that information...i will tell Katie about that!
__________________
happiness is to joy as a light bulb is to the sun!
Reply

Tags
katie, fee, list, made, email

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.