Potential Single Resident

Potential Single Resident

Notices

You are viewing a old design of the TOTV site. It will be disabled anytime. Click here to switch to the new version.

Unread 04-11-2024, 11:18 AM

Before you settle on a location check the location and the ease of access to shopping ie grocery, gas, health, restaurants and such. We're glad we chose easy and short distance access to these and amenities as well. Especially for golf if you golf. The southern villages pretty much lacks all of this but they do have more varied aminities.

Unread 04-11-2024, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I hope you like older women because I don't think you will find many women in your age group. There are lots of widows in their late 60's and 70's, but very few unattached women who are under 60. I would suggest you attend a few singles group activities.
Not true. My daughter is in his age group and has met many others through pickleball and the gym and just walking her dog.
Unread 04-11-2024, 11:47 AM
Sage

Thanked 14,130 Times in 5,370 Posts

I have heard that taking out a billfold with lots of dollars will attract a certain type of female/
Unread 04-15-2024, 07:07 AM

I am a single 60-year-old female, but I’m told I look more like 50. I’ve been in The villages for two years now and I live in the original Orange Blossom area. Not sure what the facts are, but here is my opinion: I would guess the people in my area are average age of near 80 years old. as you move further south, the people get younger. My hobby is real estate so I enjoy doing the research. I have bought a lot and am building a house in the new Eastport area. I’ve met With my new neighbors once and they are around 55 years old. I think we’re all old people, but I would prefer to live with the younger old people in the south. From what I’ve seen over the last two years 80% of the people in the villages are married or living together. There’s not a lot of singles, especially in the late 50s age group. There are definitely more single women than men. You probably have a ratio of one to 10, which is good for you. God sent me wonderful man who is 68 yrs old and we’re getting married late summer and living in Moultrie Creek. My advice is to move to the new Eastport area where the younger people are.
Unread 04-15-2024, 07:12 AM
Sage

Thanked 7,434 Times in 2,536 Posts

I would stay single, but available, and let all the widows feed me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Two Bills For This Useful Post:
Unread Yesterday, 05:21 PM
Sage

Thanked 4,966 Times in 2,473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
What are all these problems of which you speak?
Some can’t see forest for all the tree’s until they put their glasses on….
Unread Yesterday, 05:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
I have heard that taking out a billfold with lots of dollars will attract a certain type of female/

Or pass acid/joint/pills/meth…..
Unread Yesterday, 05:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I would stay single, but available, and let all the widows feed me.
Especially if you can repair garage and windows
"Potential Single Resident"...
Unread Yesterday, 05:27 PM

Default "Potential Single Resident"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLover24 View Post
Hi all! Male/54 relocating to Florida this summer and considering the Villages. I visited last weekend and got the tour. Planning to come back down the week of April 15 for a deeper dive. Would appreciate a recommendation on what to see/do while there to get the most immersion possible in the community. Possibly meet some other singles to get their perspective. Any suggestions appreciated!
LOL. You are moving into a community where the minimum age for admission is 55...

We are all "potential single residents!" LOL

Mr. SunLover--COME ON DOWN!
Unread Yesterday, 09:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgowan13 View Post
LOL. You are moving into a community where the minimum age for admission is 55...

We are all "potential single residents!" LOL

Mr. SunLover--COME ON DOWN!
This thread reminds me of one of my favorite lines in the movie Blazing Saddles.....”Where the white women at”!!
Unread Yesterday, 09:46 PM
Sage

Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,640 Times in 1,768 Posts

You will be especially welcome if you are a handyman or a candyman.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Unread Yesterday, 10:20 PM
Platinum member

If your looking to meet age compatable people of the opposite gender, this isn’t the place to move to.
Unread Today, 08:53 AM
Sage

Thanked 2,942 Times in 1,113 Posts

I’ve lived here a long time as a single guy and have dated woman of different ages .The jokes about widows feeding you are just that a joke ,there are quite a few very attractive older independent woman that are not desperate and looking for a man ., who stay fit and take care of themselves .and there appearance .I’ll say this your chances of meeting nice woman here go up immensely ,if you smile and say hello , can see your shoes , don’t show up for a date in the same shorts you had on all day and for some maybe 2 days, don’t wear those 20 year old new balance sneakers , and when you meet someone and ask for a date ,don’t tell them you only go Dutch ,
Unread Today, 09:07 AM
Sage

Thanked 12,950 Times in 4,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrider View Post
Many years ago when I was looking for a retirement location, I did a lot of researching on what makes a good retirement community. Almost every research endeavor had the same No.1 item. That item is: The developer builds the community, and GETS OUT! Many of the problems here in TV is because of the greed of the Morse family. Knowing what I know now, I would not recommend anyone coming here.
I suppose that is one opinion.

The other 99.9% of us believe that The Villages is the number one retirement destination and fastest growing community in the country BECAUSE the developer maintains a continuous presence and continues to invest hundreds of millions in this community.

Look at retirement communities where the developer left----golf courses overgrown with weeds and abandoned; businesses boarded up, dilapidated properties with pink flamingos and crumbling infrastructure.

Now look at The Villages---a thriving community with ongoing development INCLUDING amenities that will reach the same proportion in all areas, new innovative ideas and environmental conservation. Over 100 recreation centers, over 100 pools, 13 soon to be 16 championship golf courses, 44 soon to be 50 executive courses, over 3000 clubs. Bash the developer for whatever lame reason you choose, but I'm glad there is a captain at the helm.
Unread Today, 09:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I suppose that is one opinion.

The other 99.9% of us believe that The Villages is the number one retirement destination and fastest growing community in the country BECAUSE the developer maintains a continuous presence and continues to invest hundreds of millions in this community.

Look at retirement communities where the developer left----golf courses overgrown with weeds and abandoned; businesses boarded up, dilapidated properties with pink flamingos and crumbling infrastructure.

Now look at The Villages---a thriving community with ongoing development INCLUDING amenities that will reach the same proportion in all areas, new innovative ideas and environmental conservation. Over 100 recreation centers, over 100 pools, 13 soon to be 16 championship golf courses, 44 soon to be 50 executive courses, over 3000 clubs. Bash the developer for whatever lame reason you choose, but I'm glad there is a captain at the helm.
Wow. Somebody got his 8 hours of sleep last night! Huh, Doc!

I'm also a fan of the developer. All of us question some of the minutiae in this forum at times but to question his record of accomplishment and more importantly, his vision....is an exercise in futility

Tags
potential, dive, recommendation, see/do, immersion