shingles

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Redwitch, since you are so suseptible to shingles, would getting the Shingles Prevention Shot help? I ask because I've had shingles twice and my family doctor does not know whether I would be a candidate for a prevention shot.
Can't have the shot -- I'm allergic. Otherwise, I'd get it in a heartbeat. Even if it didn't stop me from getting shingles, there's no question the bout would be a lot less severe and that alone makes it worth getting in my mind.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Gold member

Try L-Lysine! About 2000-6000mg/day. It works! This link is to an article at Livestrong.com and there is evidence from University of Michigan also
Shingles And Lysine/arginine Foods | LIVESTRONG.COM
Old 09-28-2013, 02:59 PM

I had a shingles vaccine in November last year. I got shingles in my facial nerve in January. My face is still droopy on the right side but it is getting better slowly. Remember the shot is not 100% effective!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.