Support Groups

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Platinum member
Default Support Groups

Don't forget to check the Thursday Recreation News in the Daily Sun. But, there's one in particular I'd like to mention: called "Airheads" essentially because most members are hooked up to oxygen most of the time. There are others who have breathing difficulties, of one sort or another. Airheads meet the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month, 10am, Classroom #1, second floor, of the Clinic Laboratories building. On the east side of 27/441, across from the Sharon Morse building and the hospital. A great group.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Default Re: Support Groups

Are there any support groups for individuals who are divorced? If so, please adivse a contact phone number or any information you have reagarding when and where they meet. Thank you.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:34 PM

DITTO cujoforever, I've wondered why I haven't seen one. I think it's an example of The Villages' preference for couples.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:04 AM

PJ,

I could not agree with you more. At least I know I am not the alone in my thinking. Thanks for the response. Cujoforever
Old 07-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Send a message via AIM to judip1

I line in the Village 0f Summerhill and they have Summerhill singles group...there is also Sumter Singles..think they evev have a website.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:18 AM
Eternal Member

I couldn't agree more. I have been here well over a year and I've just about had it.
If you are single and don't play golf, you've had it. Let me know if you come up with any solutions.
I went to a few Sumter Singles meetings - first thing they did was form a golf group!

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:12 PM

in addition to several singles social groups there is a singles travel club and a singles sports activities club(not just golf).check thursday's rec paper for schedules.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:29 PM

I know there is a divorce support group as my neighbor goes to it. It is centered around the book "Boundries" which as become his bible of sorts after being married for 46 years and having his wife leave. The support group is through I believe St. Timothy's church. When I see him later today I will find out for sure where it is and when it starts up again.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla
Don't forget to check the Thursday Recreation News in the Daily Sun. But, there's one in particular I'd like to mention: called "Airheads" essentially because most members are hooked up to oxygen most of the time. There are others who have breathing difficulties, of one sort or another. Airheads meet the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month, 10am, Classroom #1, second floor, of the Clinic Laboratories building. On the east side of 27/441, across from the Sharon Morse building and the hospital. A great group.
:bigthumbsup:
Old 02-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Taltarzac

There's an article today in The Villages Daily Sun about an event at the Villages Polo Club held by the "Airheads". It is another parade in TV. This one is on February 27, 2008. Gates open at 10:00 a.m. with the parade at 11:00 a.m.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Platinum member

Thanks, Tal, for reinforcing my earlier post about the Airheads. The event is close to my heart, and you will see me there virtually all day! Hope everybody will come!
SWR
Old 02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla
Thanks, Tal, for reinforcing my earlier post about the Airheads. The event is close to my heart, and you will see me there virtually all day! Hope everybody will come!
SWR
You are welcome. There was a woman with these kind of problems who was a regular along with her cocker spaniel Scarlett at the Doggie Doo Run Run (DDRR) who passed a few weeks ago and there are other people at the DDRR with these kind of medical problems. Just saying that I have met other people here in TV with these concerns. Good to meet you at the last TOTV luncheon, swrinfla.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Taltarzac

Airhead parade alert. :bigthumbsup: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/sm....html#msg37688
Old 02-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Taltarzac

Airhead parade is tomorrow at the Villages Polo Club-- Gates open at 10:00 a.m. with the parade at 11:00 a.m.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Location: Mpls. MN, Indpls. IN, Chicago IL, LaMirada CA, Clearwater:Pinellas Park:Tampa:Viera FL-The Villages
Unhappy What to do with a difficult mother?

My mother lives with my husband and I in a Patio Villa. So it's a small area. She has ALWAYS berated me in front of my children. I can't even have private time with my grandchildren because she injects herself in everything. My husband and I try to enjoy some of the activities here in TV. Then she tells people/relatives that I lock her in her bedroom. I'm at my wits end. I seem to cry all the time. She has taken all my self-worth from me, years ago. Can anyone offer me help! Somewhere, anywhere for help. She's on Medicare, I'm thinking at this point a 'Home' for her. I have tried talking to her, only she won't listen.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.