Expelled.

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Taltarzac
Default Expelled.

Been watching this movie Expelled while trying to keep from screaming at the TV set about how bad it is.

Has anyone else seen this? I expected more from Ben Stein as I had believed he was an astute man who had once been a law professor.

Here's a link about this movie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled
Old 10-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Wink

I haven't seen it. Tal, I can't see you screaming!?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Taltarzac
Default Expelled and Nazism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Mom View Post
I haven't seen it. Tal, I can't see you screaming!?

For some reason, the writers of this movie Expelled use the simile of the Berlin Wall throughout the movie to contrast Intelligent Design and how it is treated by the Scientific Establishment. It postulates that there is a Wall between Intelligent Design and "the Darwinan Establishment" that is almost impossble to breach. And, that when a brave scientist tries to breach this Wall but teaching or writing on Intelligent Design that he or she is "expelled" from the scientific community. It does go over a half dozen or so people who had been "expelled" for bringing Intelligent Design into their scientific classroom or publication.

Darwinism is also made a necessary condition-- something that had to have happened in history-- before Nazism and the Holocaust to happen. Darwinism and Intelligent Design are seen as competing theories for the origin of life.

The similes and metaphors used in this movie just reminded me a lot of the political ads you now see on TV for Obama/Biden, McCain/Palin and FL politicians. They are full of misrepresentations, half-truths, and a whole lot of spin.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 10-29-2008 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:04 PM

Thanks for the excellent summary! I would of been screaming too.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.