HEROS

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Sage
Default Re: HEROS

The princess later became Annette
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt49
Princess Summerspring Winterfall.. now she was something JimT
Jim, I agree, and we "little" girls were all jealous of her that she was on our favorite show.

I kept re-reading your post and it didn't feel right to me, wasn't her name:
"Princess Summer-Fall-Winter-Spring?" I could be wrong, but do you remember why they gave her that name? I do, oops, I'm showing my age now! :redface:

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Sage

Wikipedia:

"Princess Summerfall Winterspring is a fictional character from the television show Howdy Doody.

One of several Native American characters to appear on The Howdy Doody Show, Princess Summerfall Winterspring's popularity surpassed that of her male counterpart, Chief Thunderthud. She was graceful, ponytailed, and dressed in what was considered at the time as a faithful representation of traditional tribal regalia. Her origins were of the fictional Tinka Tonka tribe.

Like everyone else on the show, she had the opportunity to interact with host Buffalo Bob in skits and segments where she was prominently featured. Along with the other female regulars on the show, she gave little girl viewers a character easier to relate to than the boyish Howdy Doody.

The royal girl bears one other significant distinction: unlike the other puppets, Princess Summerfall Winterspring became a real-life girl in 1951. Her live-action persona was played first by Judy Tyler (who died in a car accident at the untimely age of 23), then by Linda Marsh."

Annette's real name is Linda Marsh
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-01-2008, 02:35 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca
Wikipedia:

Annette's real name is Linda Marsh
Annette Joanne Funicello was born in Utica, New York, the first child and only daughter of Virginia Albano and Joseph Funicello.

Darlene was my favorite mousekeeteer

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:27 AM
Sage

My Bad - the princess later became Darlene of the Mickey Mouse Club
Old 06-01-2008, 03:48 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca
My Bad - the princess later became Darlene of the Mickey Mouse Club
Chuck, I did some checking. It seems the original Princess Summerfall Winterspring left the show early -- don't know if it was a salary dispute, ego clash, or what -- and was replaced by a human. That actress, Judy Tyler, later went on to star opposite Elvis in Jailhouse Rock. The original princess didn't fare quite so well away from Howdy (kinda like Adam on Bonanza and McLean Stevenson). I guess the highlight of her later career was when parts of her were used for Granny Clampett's pipe on The Beverly Hillbillies. She kinda burned out after that.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 06-01-2008, 04:32 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Only on TOTV -- a thread about Lee Marvin and sorta, kinda Bob Keeshan ends up being a full discussion of Howdy Doody characters. Princess Winterspring Summerfall was okay, but my fave was Clarabell.

Now, did you know that the Mickey Mouse Club was a Communist plot to take over the minds of children? Just ask my brother (that's what he told me so he could watch American Bandstand).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-01-2008, 05:03 AM
Sage

When I was about 5 or so (about 1950) one kid on the block had a TV set. We would sit in front of the TV and watch the Indian test signal for about an hour and then Howdy and gang would come on for their half hour show. After Howdy the Indian test signal came back on. As far as I knew, Howdy was the only thing on TV.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:24 PM

Kathie

Thank you for setting my seasons straight.

No, I don't know how she got her name

JimT
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.