How many times did you see Titanic when it came out on the big screen

View Poll Results: With The Dark Knight doing so well at the US box office, some analysts have mentioned it passing Tit
1 6 85.71%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 1 14.29%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 + 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Taltarzac
Default How many times did you see Titanic when it came out on the big screen

Titanic has the record of most business in the US of a movie in theaters. http://the-numbers.com/movies/records/#weekends Was wondering how many times TOTVers saw this movie when it came out because it did so well the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th weekends and had to have people seeing it more than once.

Think I saw it 4 times eventually before it left the theaters because it was a movie that demanded a large screen.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Default Re: How many times did you see Titanic when it came out on the big screen

Really enjoyed Titanic, but liked the original Barbara Stanwich version better - less theatrical.
Also, I have no desire to see the Dark Knight - the entire sequence has gotten too far stretched and dark. And the pictures of The Joker look too much like Linda Blair in The Exorcist.
I'll pass on this one.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: How many times did you see Titanic when it came out on the big screen

Does renting the DVD count? That is what I am going to do with the Dark Knight.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:57 PM

I believe my husband and I are the only people I know - never to see the new Titanic movie. No desire to see it.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman
Does renting the DVD count? That is what I am going to do with the Dark Knight.
You miss stuff on a TV screen for DVDs unless you have quite a large TV screen for your DVDs.

With the DVD you do get to skip the people who have already seen it who have brought their friends and now need to introduce various scenes though. This seems to happen to me with many of the really popular movies unless I see it the first day that is.

The Dark Knight had a lot of scenes of Chicago and Hong Kong (?) that warrant a large screen.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:35 PM

I plan to see it sometime.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:42 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
You miss stuff on a TV screen for DVDs unless you have quite a large TV screen for your DVDs.

With the DVD you do get to skip the people who have already seen it who have brought their friends and now need to introduce various scenes though. This seems to happen to me with many of the really popular movies unless I see it the first day that is.

The Dark Knight had a lot of scenes of Chicago and Hong Kong (?) that warrant a large screen.
Unfortunately the big screen does not have closed caption nor a pause button. I will give up the special scenes for those two options alone.

How anyone and sit for two hours or more without taking a breather is beyond me.

Just my thoughts.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:20 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman
Unfortunately the big screen does not have closed caption nor a pause button. I will give up the special scenes for those two options alone.

How anyone and sit for two hours or more without taking a breather is beyond me.

Just my thoughts.
Zcaveman. The big screen can have problems like with the sound too high or low, the room too cold or hot, and obnoxious filmgoers.

I also even though my hearing is generally good often wish for close captioning in some movies because I cannot understand what the people are saying let alone the words to various musical numbers.

Various formats have their own positives and negatives.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:51 PM
Platinum member

"Was wondering how many times TOTVers saw this movie when it came".

Once and that was plenty.

DC
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.