Richard Jewell.

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 12-25-2019, 09:37 AM
DeanFL's Avatar
DeanFL DeanFL is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 986
Thanks: 36
Thanked 270 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
Loved this movie. Thought provoking, yes. I felt every emotion from anger, fear, sorrow, frustration etc.... what a story!!
We saw it yesterday - theater almost full. TOTALLY agree with your summary of emotions - ditto for us. grrrr.
__________________
I have CDO. It's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order - AS THEY SHOULD BE.
  #17  
Old 12-25-2019, 12:09 PM
ColdNoMore's Avatar
ColdNoMore ColdNoMore is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Between 466 & 466A
Posts: 9,715
Thanks: 0
Thanked 713 Times in 363 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
We saw it yesterday - theater almost full. TOTALLY agree with your summary of emotions - ditto for us. grrrr.
Box Office Flop - So Far (tear ticket here)


Quote:
Clint Eastwood’s latest film, “Richard Jewell,” performed well below expectations at the box office, bringing in only $5 million in its opening weekend.

__________________
Standing up for the underdog and against bullies...every chance I get.
  #18  
Old 12-26-2019, 09:11 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,236
Thanks: 1,610
Thanked 402 Times in 309 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Movies with depressing subjects often do not do that well. There are exceptions though.

It kind of reminded me of the Kirk Douglas starring movie from 1951 Ace in the Hole. Ace in the Hole (The Big Carnival) (1951) - Rotten Tomatoes it also flopped if I remember the details of this movie. Same kind of movie with an extremely unethical journalist taking advantage of a calamity.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-26-2019 at 09:20 AM.
  #19  
Old 12-26-2019, 12:44 PM
Villageswimmer Villageswimmer is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,652
Thanks: 2
Thanked 346 Times in 124 Posts
Default

Without the FBI leak, the media would have had nothing to go on. I wonder what happened to the agent who leaked? It was very disappointing how Richard was treated because some people wanted to make a name for themselves.

Compelling story. I thought the man who portrayed Jewell did a fine job.
  #20  
Old 12-27-2019, 10:18 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,236
Thanks: 1,610
Thanked 402 Times in 309 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Without the FBI leak, the media would have had nothing to go on. I wonder what happened to the agent who leaked? It was very disappointing how Richard was treated because some people wanted to make a name for themselves.

Compelling story. I thought the man who portrayed Jewell did a fine job.
Me too. I only remember the incident vaguely but he does seem to capture Richard Jewell's mannerisms and the like such as I can see in various places on the Internet. Richard Jewell - Wikipedia
  #21  
Old 03-25-2020, 09:17 PM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,236
Thanks: 1,610
Thanked 402 Times in 309 Posts
Thumbs up

Worth a look on DVD or Blu-Ray or Netflix if you have not seen it. And a 2nd viewing if you have not.
  #22  
Old 03-27-2020, 09:24 PM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,236
Thanks: 1,610
Thanked 402 Times in 309 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Worth a look on DVD or Blu-Ray or Netflix if you have not seen it. And a 2nd viewing if you have not.
Am really enjoying the details in this Clint Eastwood directed movie.

Clint Eastwood - Rotten Tomatoes


  #23  
Old 03-27-2020, 10:10 PM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 5,123
Thanks: 594
Thanked 906 Times in 454 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I only remember the incident vaguely but he does seem to capture Richard Jewell's mannerisms and the like such as I can see in various places on the Internet. Richard Jewell - Wikipedia
I'm shocked that you don't remember it better, you remember what girl was wearing in a class in 1978. I remember the Richard Jewell incident like it was yesterday. I paid a lot of attention to crime, big fan of the ID Channel and before that Courtv. The movie nailed it pretty good, and I saw it in the theater the week it came out.
  #24  
Old 03-28-2020, 08:14 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,236
Thanks: 1,610
Thanked 402 Times in 309 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I'm shocked that you don't remember it better, you remember what girl was wearing in a class in 1978. I remember the Richard Jewell incident like it was yesterday. I paid a lot of attention to crime, big fan of the ID Channel and before that Courtv. The movie nailed it pretty good, and I saw it in the theater the week it came out.
I do not remember what a woman was wearing in 1978 in some class except maybe that the show girl in my French class at the University of Nevada, Reno dressed in a classy manner. She was almost 6 feet tall and very fit.

I do remember the Atlanta Olympics but not so much the whole Richard Jewell investigation. Centennial Olympic Park bombing - Wikipedia

We had just moved to Palm Harbor, Florida from Rohnert Park, California in 1996 so I was busy exploring the Clearwater/Safety Harbor/Tarpon Springs area.
Reply

Tags
richard, jewell, thought, provoking, movie

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.