The Newsroom

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Gold member
Default The Newsroom

Is anyone else watching this on HBO? I think it's great!! I only wish it were on another station since many people don't have HBO in their cable packages. In only a few episodes, they have managed to make build the characters. We are looking forward to it every week (along with Burn Notice and Royal Pains)
Old 07-16-2012, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,357 Times in 2,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
Is anyone else watching this on HBO? I think it's great!! I only wish it were on another station since many people don't have HBO in their cable packages. In only a few episodes, they have managed to make build the characters. We are looking forward to it every week (along with Burn Notice and Royal Pains)
I have it taped but have only seen parts of it. I also love Burn Notice.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

If you have On Demand, they tape those shows for you. They are always available. At least for us up north. I too love The Newsroom. Great scripts, great actors, great everything. Haven't seen the others, but will take a look. If it wasn't for shows like these, I'd cancel HBO. The rest of their movies are junk. I couldn't believe they were actually playing Cocoon last week. While it's a good movie, it's older than dirt! I suspect they are spending all their money on these great series and not so much on movies. Just MHO.

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Platinum member

Just set my DVR for The Newsroom.

Can't wait for Boardwalk Empire to start again.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Veteran member

My wife & I are addicted to Newsroom. I thought it started really great. Then they worked on building the characters. I little less on the interpersonal relationships please..... ain't no way you'd get to see any of what they're showing in ANY office.

And personally, I hope Will wins the battle with the 44th floor (Jane Fonda) ((forget her character name)).

Just can't stand her!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 07-28-2012, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,357 Times in 2,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaniesmom View Post
If you have On Demand, they tape those shows for you. They are always available. At least for us up north. I too love The Newsroom. Great scripts, great actors, great everything. Haven't seen the others, but will take a look. If it wasn't for shows like these, I'd cancel HBO. The rest of their movies are junk. I couldn't believe they were actually playing Cocoon last week. While it's a good movie, it's older than dirt! I suspect they are spending all their money on these great series and not so much on movies. Just MHO.
Prism has a feature that allows you to get HBO on Demand which gets most of the new series shows. Just the current season though on most of these shows.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Veteran member

Absolutely the best new show on TV...HBO did it again...I hope it has the staying power as the Sopranos..
Old 07-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Platinum member

OH boy! I have HBO free for 6 months (due to the problems getting the digital converters functioning), so I'll make sure to watch it! Thanks for the tip, Trish!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 07-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Veteran member

Love The Newsroom! I agree - great story and it just pulled me in from the start.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Platinum member

We are now hooked on it! We started with Episode 1 in On Demand, and I agree that it's the best new show on television. I love the pace and the fact that you have to pay attention because it moves along so quickly. After the first show I thought that if they put in some draggy romantic parts & some pensive parts they'd have a feature length movie! Great acting, great storyline, & great editing!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.