What is your favorite "Seinfeld" episode?

Old 05-02-2024, 05:33 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,226 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Maybe Suze has to speak slowly.

"Susan Lynn "Suze" Orman, born June 5, 1951, surprisingly had a childhood speech and reading problem that prevented her from doing well in school, she scored low in tests and considered herself unintelligent."

Oh, no, now I feel terribly guilty. And to think I get so aggravated when people pick on another famous person who has a stutter that sometimes slows his speech.

I used to watch Suze's old tv show all the time -- and I was right on the money with my opinions on that "Can I Afford It?" segment. I could holler at those people as well as she could.

I am a person who sometimes gets asked questions on money stuff. I was never in the biz but for some reason, I understand a few things. Nothing complicated. Just common sense stuff.

Years ago, we were sitting at a bar in a restaurant when I found myself advising the young bartender to get started on his retirement fund. I remember telling him that I was the heterosexual Suze Orman.

I really liked her old show, but these podcasts are too often condescending in tone to the point where I feel like i better be asking directions to the vomitorium. It gets especially annoying when she gives K. T. quizzes and acts like she is dumb. But my guess is that's their schtick when on the air. I wish you would listen to one or two and tell me what you think. Suze used to be able to teach people things without being a snot about it. For these podcasts. . .when she is good, she is very, very good, but when she is not, it's a pukefest.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 05-02-2024 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-02-2024, 06:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Oh, no, now I feel terribly guilty. And to think I get so aggravated when people pick on another famous person who has a stutter that sometimes slows his speech.

I used to watch Suze's old tv show all the time -- and I was right on the money with my opinions on that "Can I Afford It?" segment. I could holler at those people as well as she could.

I am a person who sometimes gets asked questions on money stuff. I was never in the biz but for some reason, I understand a few things. Nothing complicated. Just common sense stuff.

Years ago, we were sitting at a bar in a restaurant when I found myself advising the young bartender to get started on his retirement fund. I remember telling him that I was the heterosexual Suze Orman.

I really liked her old show, but these podcasts are too often condescending in tone to the point where I feel like i better be asking directions to the vomitorium. It gets especially annoying when she gives K. T. quizzes and acts like she is dumb. But my guess is that's their schtick when on the air. I wish you would listen to one or two and tell me what you think. Suze used to be able to teach people things without being a snot about it. For these podcasts. . .when she is good, she is very, very good, but when she is not, it's a pukefest.

Boomer
Stutter like the lawyer from My Cousin Vinny....”Ladies and Gentlemen of the J-J-J-J-J-Jury”!
Old 05-02-2024, 06:49 PM

The Chinese restaurant one! I love that episode!
Old 05-02-2024, 06:55 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Maybe Suze has to speak slowly.

"Susan Lynn "Suze" Orman, born June 5, 1951, surprisingly had a childhood speech and reading problem that prevented her from doing well in school, she scored low in tests and considered herself unintelligent."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

I really liked her old show, but these podcasts are too often condescending in tone to the point where I feel like I better be asking directions to the vomitorium. It gets especially annoying when she gives K. T. quizzes and acts like she is dumb. But my guess is that's their schtick when on the air. I wish you would listen to one or two and tell me what you think. Suze used to be able to teach people things without being a snot about it. For these podcasts. . .when she is good, she is very, very good, but when she is not, it's a pukefest.

Boomer

Hey, I must now include an addendum to my above post where I was being a snot myself about Suze Orman being a snot with her often condescending attitude on her podcast.....

In the last half hour I listened to her most recent podcast, while cleaning the kitchen.

This episode was one where she answered questions perfectly well -- including telling someone to get a lawyer for a prenup instead of trying to do it for free. Her delivery was OK, until the end when she started in with what they call "the quizzie" -- Why not just call it a quiz or a pop quiz? Quizzie sounds too cutesie to me. The banter in that part got kind of annoying and, yes, condescending.

OK. OK. I now feel guilty again because she said that she sometimes contacts people personally when their questions reveal that the situation needs immediate help. I respect that. Awwwww, who knew.

She also said that in the early nineties when she was asked to be on Oprah once a week, she turned that down because she said people could not take her every week on Oprah's show and they would quit watching. She said podcasts work because we can tune in when we want to........

Well, alrighty then........That explains my reaction. No more listening to more than two in a row. Suze does not just know the advice stuff. Sounds like Suze knows Suze, too. (But I wish she would get a new theme song. The one she uses comes out blaring.)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 05-02-2024 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,157 Times in 5,384 Posts

Liked her old show. Thought her a bit too conservative but she gave good advise in a very friendly way.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program best episodes of Seinfeld
Old 05-03-2024, 07:07 AM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Liked her old show. Thought her a bit too conservative but she gave good advise in a very friendly way.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program best episodes of Seinfeld

I can do that.

— the one where George double dips

Boomer
Old 05-03-2024, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,030 Times in 1,019 Posts

one of my fave episodes are the ones where kramer stays @ a Villages type community. i liked it years before we got here, but has a whole new meaning from inside the bubble
Old 05-03-2024, 09:35 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
one of my fave episodes are the ones where kramer stays @ a Villages type community. i liked it years before we got here, but has a whole new meaning from inside the bubble
Del Boca Vista
Old 05-03-2024, 09:47 AM

I second the vote for

Hole in one whale
Old 05-03-2024, 04:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Del Boca Vista
yes,
Old 05-03-2024, 09:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeycereal View Post
There are many that I find funny. Few that are not. Soup Nazi is great, the Contest ("I'm Out!"), the Bizarro Jerry, the Boyfriend 2-parter (Hernandez), the Mannequin, the Sweater, so much relatable funny stuff. The episode that made me bust out laughing most was the Gum. Specifically when Elaine gets sprayed by the water hose.
what about the junior mints episode! and the overdue library book
Old 05-03-2024, 09:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,157 Times in 5,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
what about the junior mints episode! and the overdue library book
So many great shows, outstanding writers and actors

Tags
favorite, seinfeld, episode, oppressive, body

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.