Troublesome neighbor

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2021, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
And they'll still make a deposit along the way... Just make sure you pick it up...

The reality is, you cannot time when a dog does what a dog does...

One problem "non-dog owners" are missing is that when the sun beats down on the street, the temp can cause serious burns to a dog's feet. Try walking barefoot just off your driveway if you don''t believe me. Walking along the edge of the grass is the only safe place for them.

And I agree, those who don't clean up after their dogs are jerks.

Actually, you can if you know a little about dogs. I trained dogs to go WHERE I wanted them to, and it was not hard at all. Cats certainly know how to use a litter box.

But, I understand how MOST folks in the villages do not KNOW dogs and do not understand how to handle them. It wouldn't take them much time to learn IF they really wanted to learn how to handle their pet.
Old 10-10-2021, 03:46 PM
Default Troublesome neighbor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life as I know it View Post
You did not state if the water from the sprinklers are going into the road spraying the walkers or just spraying onto the owners property. There are little signs that can be put out there that say “No dogs on lawn”.
Better et, just pretend there is a car parked in front of his house and walk around it.
Remember it is his property, not everyone loves dogs…..
Just to clarify. He watches people walk their dogs and turns on the sprinklers with a remote. The water sprays out into the street. Not a huge deal, just not a very neighborly neighbor!
Old 10-10-2021, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
It’s sad and unfortunate but there’s always a bad apple in the bag. I have 3 in my lovely neighborhood. Perhaps it’s because I’m picturing my neighborhood, which has no sidewalks so I would just walk on the other side of the street? I don’t understand how the water is hitting her unless it’s not hitting the actual yard?? Good luck. It does sound like it’s on some sort of auto sensor. Or maybe you really do have the worst neighbors.
No auto sensor. He watches from his garage and remotely activates the sprinklers as dog walkers stroll by. They spray way out into the street. No biggie, just a crummy neighbor.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,760 Posts

///

Last edited by Velvet; 10-10-2021 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryShields View Post
Just to clarify. He watches people walk their dogs and turns on the sprinklers with a remote. The water sprays out into the street. Not a huge deal, just not a very neighborly neighbor!
On the street? That is a big no, no. And unless this neighbor had a really traumatic incident in the past, if they have nothing better to do all day than watch who might walk by - with a remote in their hand, they really don’t have a life. Maybe a mental problem.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,012 Times in 4,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Make them? Do you own a dog? Yes, you can have the "do their business" before you set out for a walk. But if you're walking them for more than 15-20 minutes, they stop and do it again...
Yes, I own dogs continuously since I was 6 years old. Mine are trained to go at home.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:36 PM

Agreed
Old 10-10-2021, 05:40 PM
Smile

Quote:
Our neighbors need advice. We live in Monarch Grove and have a wonderful group of people living on our block of Gonzalez Lane. One of our neighbors is an issue. They watch people walking their dogs and remotely turn on their sprinkler system whenever people walk by. We have an elderly lady with dementia who regularly gets doused as she walks her small dog. Everyone is very respectful and picks up any dog poop. Our scared neighbors automatically move to the other side of the street. We feel stalked and sad.
It really just sounds like the sprinklers are on Auto.... people are not going to sit by the window day after day to zip everyone who comes near their lawn. Some people do have this system on Auto. Don't take it personal, and assume. Just walk on the other side of the street, problem solved.. and you still have a good neighbor. You have to be pretty close or on the lawn for it to activate....Its not Personal...
Old 10-10-2021, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Ann Vinci Igoe View Post
It really just sounds like the sprinklers are on Auto.... people are not going to sit by the window day after day to zip everyone who comes near their lawn. Some people do have this system on Auto. Don't take it personal, and assume. Just walk on the other side of the street, problem solved.. and you still have a good neighbor. You have to be pretty close or on the lawn for it to activate....Its not Personal...
See posts #107 & 108
Old 10-10-2021, 07:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,350 Times in 2,071 Posts

Quote:
No auto sensor. He watches from his garage and remotely activates the sprinklers as dog walkers stroll by. They spray way out into the street. No biggie, just a crummy neighbor.
Someone should get the police involved wherever this is in the Villages. They are actually very good at diffusing bad situations most of the time especially here in the Villages. Just have whoever contacts them show some tact. You get more bees with honey....
Old 10-10-2021, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Our neighbors need advice. We live in Monarch Grove and have a wonderful group of people living on our block of Gonzalez Lane. One of our neighbors is an issue. They watch people walking their dogs and remotely turn on their sprinkler system whenever people walk by. We have an elderly lady with dementia who regularly gets doused as she walks her small dog. Everyone is very respectful and picks up any dog poop. Our scared neighbors automatically move to the other side of the street. We feel stalked and sad.
without intending it, you have started a firestorm of controversy on TOTV (as if it needs more of that). IMO, it's probably a motion detector sprinkler system - unless you see the person inside the house peering through the lace curtains as you walk by.

Of course, no one has lace curtains anymore, but back in the day, they were all the rage for elderly ladies, often times widows or spinsters, that liked to hide behind them and watch the world go by, and make note of comings and goings and any odd occurrences so they could gossip about it at the church bazaar or village bean supper. Maybe it was better that way rather than airing these grievances to strangers hiding behind aliases on a public message board.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:35 PM

That is totally uncalled for. If you do not like dogs The Villages is not the place for you. We all sometimes need a companion and a person is not an option. Also dogs are great therapy for some. He should be shunned by the community. That is a shame!!!
Old 10-10-2021, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
without intending it, you have started a firestorm of controversy on TOTV (as if it needs more of that). IMO, it's probably a motion detector sprinkler system - unless you see the person inside the house peering through the lace curtains as you walk by.

Of course, no one has lace curtains anymore, but back in the day, they were all the rage for elderly ladies, often times widows or spinsters, that liked to hide behind them and watch the world go by, and make note of comings and goings and any odd occurrences so they could gossip about it at the church bazaar or village bean supper. Maybe it was better that way rather than airing these grievances to strangers hiding behind aliases on a public message board.
Yes, our neighbors have observed him in the garage watching for dog poopers with his remote control. Get a life!
Old 10-10-2021, 09:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,202 Times in 2,798 Posts

Quote:
Hmmm, wouldn’t it be a shame if someone were to accidentally swerve their car when driving by his house and crush the sprinkler heads! I hate when that happens : )
Old 10-10-2021, 09:56 PM

Thanks much. Our other neighbors are the best! We all take care of each other

Thanks
all
Closed Thread

Tags
people, dog, neighbors, walks, small

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.